Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taliaquin
Dec 13, 2009

Turtle flu
Oh, gently caress yes. Springsteen is one of my all-time favorite singers and I'd completely lost track of when this was coming out. Thanks for the reminder! Gonna put this on Spotify right now.

BrooklynBruiser posted:

[*] American Skin (41 Shots) - Originally written by Bruce after the shooting of Amadou Diallo in 1999, 41 Shots made its premiere on the E Street reunion tour, and reappeared in E Street setlists after the shooting of Trayvon Martin in 2012. The High Hopes version was put together using various instrumental tracks, including Tom Morello on guitar and a sax solo from the late Clarence Clemons.
[
I love this song, but I wonder how many people are going to be pissed off about it, considering that Springsteen, despite his personal politics that I think definitely shine through in his work, still has a pretty big good ol' boy fanbase who got pissed off about the rap on Rocky Ground. Screw 'em. I'm happy this song has finally made it to an album.

quote:

[*] The Ghost of Tom Joad - Morello's time to shine. He trades off a verse with Bruce (The first time this has ever happened on a Springsteen album unless you count Michelle Moore's rapping on Rocky Ground from Wrecking Ball), and absolutely tears it up with his guitar. If you've heard any of the live performances of it with Morello, you know what to expect, but goddamn does it sound good. Originally released in 1995, I personally think this is now the definitive version.
Oh sweet Jesus yes. :worship:

EDIT: First song just started. Holy poo poo...

Taliaquin fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jan 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread