Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I was wondering when he might do that. I love how easily accessible bootlegs are of his shows but I'll buy the good ones instead.

I love High Hopes, I'd forgotten he already covered it but it's nice to see such a fresh take on something no one's really bought. American Land didn't get nearly as much of a makeover when it got re-released. It's kind of funny to look at Springsteen's collaboration partners and see how it has gone from people he admired as a kid like Gary US Bonds to people who loved him as a kid. (If you haven't heard the albums Bonds did with Springsteen you really need to.) If only there were some way Morello, Bonds and Southside Johnny could all end up stage together at the Meadowlands...

BrooklynBruiser posted:

It's definitely Pete Seeger as hell, which is one of the reasons I like it so much. America could use more Pete Seegers and I'm gonna be SO loving SAD when he dies.

Now I'm sad to bump this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Surprised to see so many dates in mid sized markets/arenas. Kind of cool though, I'm going to try to get to the Mohegan Sun show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Has anyone ordered any of the MP3s of the current tour? There's some really interesting looking set lists coming up and I have some driving to do. If you have, (or if you were there live) did any shows stand out above the rest?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

tank9900 posted:

On another forum I frequent a user there said that the shows he has picked up are pretty hit or miss. Some have too much crowd noise (to give it more of a concert feel) while others have been pretty solid. I believe that was in reference to the Australian shows, so maybe they have cleaned things up a bit because those were the first shows under the program.

I bought the Cinci show since Lost in the Flood is basically my favorite Springsteen live song and the crowd noise was pretty much perfect. Pretty much exactly what I hoped I'd get for $10. Better than a bootleg, not a flawless live release.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gologle posted:

Mr. Outside is among the most obscurest songs of his that I have listened to, but after listening to it, that song sticks to you, it's so catchy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8WWwlpH0Sc

It sounds a little like it was originally intended for one of the Gary US Bonds albums.

• Locked thread