Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What's the deal with the Warpsmiths? They seem kind of shoehorned into the story. Were they like a backdoor pilot for another Warrior feature or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

Jack Gladney posted:

What's the deal with the Warpsmiths? They seem kind of shoehorned into the story. Were they like a backdoor pilot for another Warrior feature or something?

This is the spoiler free thread.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

chime_on posted:

This is the spoiler free thread.

Their Warrior stories (the first ones, I guess) were reprinted in the first collected edition Marvel put out. I'm sorry if those weren't part of the individual issues. If we shouldn't talk about publication history here, I'll move it to the other thread.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
I thought you were asking about how the Warpsmiths factored into the overall story, since you said they seemed kind of shoehorned in.

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

CapnAndy posted:

Yes, but on the other hand...

I prefer the first one. Why shouldn't the moon be orange?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Jack Gladney posted:

That story was set several years in the future; perhaps that was a clue that they'll be showing up again later.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

That story was set several years in the future; perhaps that was a clue that they'll be showing up again later.

But then there's two more where they're all just dicking around in space, anthology-style. I think one of them is the same one as in the Miracleman story, but were they meant to be their own narrative irrespective of any presence in the Miracleman story?

I guess it would all depend on what would have happened with Warrior Magazine, which I don't know if there's an answer to.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
It seems that a Miracleman omnibus with Gaiman's and Moore's run will be published here on Mexico next month. Should I pick that up?

Outside of a few pieces on comics magazines here and there I know jack poo poo about Miracleman.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jun 21, 2014

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yes.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Are we getting that omni? Why would they be releasing one before they've finished recoloring everything?

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Senor Candle posted:

Are we getting that omni? Why would they be releasing one before they've finished recoloring everything?

It's probably just the first TPB/HC of the current recoloring. I checked online and it's priced at $299 pesos which is in line with the price for it.

Uznare fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 22, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Uznare posted:

It's probably just the first TPB/HC of the current recoloring. I checked online and it's priced at $299 pesos which is in line with the price for it.

Hmmm, how many issues are on it? That is the price line for Televisa's 'custom' omnibus (Blackest Night, Brightest Day, Spiderman) and Absolute Editions (Kingdom Come, V for Vendetta).

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

It seems that a Miracleman omnibus with Gaiman's and Moore's run will be published here on Mexico next month. Should I pick that up?

Outside of a few pieces on comics magazines here and there I know jack poo poo about Miracleman.
There is no way Marvel is publishing a Miracleman Gaiman/Moore omnibus in Mexico months/years before anywhere else, and while they're still publishing the early singles.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

redbackground posted:

There is no way Marvel is publishing a Miracleman Gaiman/Moore omnibus in Mexico months/years before anywhere else, and while they're still publishing the early singles.

:shrug:

I don't know man, I just saw the excited announcement on one of their comics. I can believe it though, it's Spiderman and GL omnibus were fantastic (they're startting to fall apart however :v:)

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

:shrug:

I don't know man, I just saw the excited announcement on one of their comics. I can believe it though, it's Spiderman and GL omnibus were fantastic (they're startting to fall apart however :v:)

The problem is that they would be publishing the old issues instead of the remastered ones that are coming out now which seems unlikely. Also if they are starting to fall apart now doesn't that mean they aren't fantastic?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Senor Candle posted:

The problem is that they would be publishing the old issues instead of the remastered ones that are coming out now which seems unlikely. Also if they are starting to fall apart now doesn't that mean they aren't fantastic?

Fantastic regarding content (around 25-30 issues each and Brightest Day is the 52 issues), the edition itself is on the cheap side to compensate for this. The Hardcovers on the other hand have good quality and are pretty sturdy (V's even better that DC's)

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Fantastic regarding content (around 25-30 issues each and Brightest Day is the 52 issues), the edition itself is on the cheap side to compensate for this. The Hardcovers on the other hand have good quality and are pretty sturdy

Ah, I see what you mean then.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

(V's even better that DC's)

That's not saying much!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So wow I saw "Mature Content" on the most recent issue cover and I just figured "Wow Miracleman must really go overboard with the violence on this one" but ha ha holy gently caress I was not ready for that.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...
Anyone got an estimate on when Gaiman's unreleased stuff will be coming out?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Anyone got an estimate on when Gaiman's unreleased stuff will be coming out?

Probably after they republish his run, which starts after Moore's finishes... it's gonna be a while at this rate.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

TwoPair posted:

So wow I saw "Mature Content" on the most recent issue cover and I just figured "Wow Miracleman must really go overboard with the violence on this one" but ha ha holy gently caress I was not ready for that.

I for one am glad that there's a comic that has the guts to show how ugly newborn babies are.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

IUG posted:

I for one am glad that there's a comic that has the guts to show how ugly newborn babies are.

And they so could have gone with the "Well she's a super baby" excuse to make her look like a three month old.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Same exact experience. Noticed the Mature Content and was confused considering what has already been shown. Can't say it was the most comfortable read, but I am glad to see that this comic doesn't hold back in regards to anything. At least that is now my impression.

I also love how short and casual the exchange was when Gargunza's fate was brought up. Not sure if it was suppose to come off this way, but I found it rather funny.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

If you think about it, the graphic horror of birth nicely compliments the alien monster Moore would design for Watchmen a few years later.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mind Loving Owl posted:

And they so could have gone with the "Well she's a super baby" excuse to make her look like a three month old.

The birth scenes were literally traced from photos of a human birth.

Christ I had forgotten how much I really don't like Rick Vietch's artwork from back then. With the Totleben inks it was really loving hideous.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Quesada's gonna draw a Miracleman spec script Morrison wrote early back in the day
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55283

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Quesada's gonna draw a Miracleman spec script Morrison wrote early back in the day
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55283

In a vicious power play, Morrison only allows himself to be credited as "The Original Writer"

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
"The second story in the annual reunites the "X-Statix" team of Peter Milligan and Mike Allred. Their collaboration makes use of the artist's retro-style, telling a story that appears to be set in the 1950s, when the character's creator, Mick Anglo, was writing and drawing his adventures."
:allears::allears::allears::allears::allears:

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

In a vicious power play, Morrison only allows himself to be credited as "The Original Writer"

"No, wait! Call me... the Superior Writer!"

Between this and the upcoming Charleton issue of Multiversity, this seems to be the year of the Morrison nose-thumbing.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

In that splash page where you see all the stasis bodies, are we supposed to know any of the rest of them? We see two Miraclemen, and tons of other bodies. I'm just wondering if they're homages to other heroes, or if I should shutup for future plotlines.

Really, I want to know what's the deal with exloded-face-guy in the bottom corner. That, or I wonder what happens to these bodies if the person in the real world are killed.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

IUG posted:

Really, I want to know what's the deal with exloded-face-guy in the bottom corner. That, or I wonder what happens to these bodies if the person in the real world are killed.

He appeared in issue 5 of these reprints, and once you know who he is, what happened to him is pretty obvious I think.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

IUG posted:

In that splash page where you see all the stasis bodies, are we supposed to know any of the rest of them? We see two Miraclemen, and tons of other bodies. I'm just wondering if they're homages to other heroes, or if I should shutup for future plotlines.

Rick Vietch threw in his character The One in the background, but that's an obscure character that was printed by Epic for less than a year if I recall.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Rick Vietch threw in his character The One in the background, but that's an obscure character that was printed by Epic for less than a year if I recall.

It was a miniseries.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Jack Gladney posted:

It was a miniseries.

Oh right... I barely remembered the series until I read the latest issue of MM and saw the character in the background.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Issue 12 had to be the most purple thing I've ever read ever. Jesus.

On another subject, the cover was apparently drawn in 2002. What would have prompted that?

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

So Marvel's first original contribution to Miracleman is coming out this month. Grant Morrison is doing a story so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mind Loving Owl posted:

So Marvel's first original contribution to Miracleman is coming out this month. Grant Morrison is doing a story so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Are you loving serious? They had to get that rear end in a top hat involved in THIS?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Are you loving serious? They had to get that rear end in a top hat involved in THIS?
I think it's an unpublished script from the early 90s, if, uh, that makes any difference.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor

redbackground posted:

I think it's an unpublished script from the early 90s, if, uh, that makes any difference.

Wasn't it unpublished because Moore shot it down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lurdiak posted:

What does it feel like to be wrong about everything? Morrison is pretty drat good at writing, and he's certainly a good fit for the whole thing that was done with Miracleman.

• Locked thread