Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

TwoPair posted:

So wow I saw "Mature Content" on the most recent issue cover and I just figured "Wow Miracleman must really go overboard with the violence on this one" but ha ha holy gently caress I was not ready for that.

I for one am glad that there's a comic that has the guts to show how ugly newborn babies are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

In that splash page where you see all the stasis bodies, are we supposed to know any of the rest of them? We see two Miraclemen, and tons of other bodies. I'm just wondering if they're homages to other heroes, or if I should shutup for future plotlines.

Really, I want to know what's the deal with exloded-face-guy in the bottom corner. That, or I wonder what happens to these bodies if the person in the real world are killed.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Issue 12 had to be the most purple thing I've ever read ever. Jesus.

On another subject, the cover was apparently drawn in 2002. What would have prompted that?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

ElNarez posted:

So, now that the annual is out...

Did this come out? I didn't get it in my pull, and I checked the shipping thread, only to not see it mentioned.
EDIT: The "Foreseeable Future" shipping thread says it comes out on the 31st.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Hahahaha, oh Christ. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Why is this comic considered so important then? I'm sticking with this comic, but it's not blowing me over like Watchmen or Transmetropolitian did.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm guessing this is in all issues? There's no point in me going to the shop, and opening the bag to check whatever page for the text bubble? (I haven't picked up this week's issues yet, and didn't want to waste their time/inventory.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

So do you think they'll send out fixed copies or are they gonna shrug and say wait for the trade?

I doubt they'll offer any kind of exchange. They have the text just a few pages later in that issue. Maybe a second printing.

Also, for what it's worth, I got a variant cover apparently (according to ComicbookDB), and I also didn't have the text.

IUG fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 9, 2015

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

:justpost:

I wouldn't read it, as this is my first read of this series. But no one is stopping you from making a new thread.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Thank you guys for not spoiling it, haha. I won't be able to get my issues until the weekend at the earliest, but now I know I have something to look forward to. Now to ignore this thread for a few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I also just finished the issue a few minutes ago. I was wondering where this book was going after this issue after they claimed to have solved everything. So I wasn't surprised to see that this was the end of The Original Author's run. I just wonder what Gaimen did with it, and it'll be interesting to see how he can finish his story. Does anyone know when he is going to start introducing his new issues? Like how many months?

• Locked thread