Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

One thing I'm still unclear about: I know they're leaving his name off the book, and I know the legal situation was a huge quagmire, but did Marvel have to still get permission from Alan Moore to do the reprints or does someone else own those rights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

coconono posted:

So now that Mick Anglo has passed on, where does the money go?

His estate, one assumes.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Quesada's gonna draw a Miracleman spec script Morrison wrote early back in the day
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55283

In a vicious power play, Morrison only allows himself to be credited as "The Original Writer"

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

it was like 30 years ago and both dudes are wacked out loons with lots of residual drug damage, so i don't know that you can really take either account as gospel.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

reminder that Grant Morrison says that the plot of the Invisibles was related to him by aliens who abducted him in Kathmandu, and Alan Moore claims that John Constantine came into a pub and winked at him

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Jack Gladney posted:

I'm actually a little concerned that I thought so much of these loons when I was an impressionable kid. I think nerd stuff can really warp you if you're not careful, you guys.

i mean they're also both great writers, so whatever works

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

that's nothing, i was once in line ahead of Kid Miracleman at Subway

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

bairfanx posted:

I haven't really jumped into this despite being excited that it is actually back in print, mostly because of the prices. Thought I would trade-wait on it only to find that it would only be marginally cheaper to buy the reprinted first trade than it would to buy one of the incredibly out of print ones from a few decades ago. Is it worth it? And to those who have read both the old and the recolored ones, do the changes detract?

i hate the recolor, but most people here like it i think. also the new edition censors some racial slurs i think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i just loving hate that gradient poo poo.

• Locked thread