Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Are we getting that omni? Why would they be releasing one before they've finished recoloring everything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

:shrug:

I don't know man, I just saw the excited announcement on one of their comics. I can believe it though, it's Spiderman and GL omnibus were fantastic (they're startting to fall apart however :v:)

The problem is that they would be publishing the old issues instead of the remastered ones that are coming out now which seems unlikely. Also if they are starting to fall apart now doesn't that mean they aren't fantastic?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Fantastic regarding content (around 25-30 issues each and Brightest Day is the 52 issues), the edition itself is on the cheap side to compensate for this. The Hardcovers on the other hand have good quality and are pretty sturdy

Ah, I see what you mean then.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

(V's even better that DC's)

That's not saying much!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
"The second story in the annual reunites the "X-Statix" team of Peter Milligan and Mike Allred. Their collaboration makes use of the artist's retro-style, telling a story that appears to be set in the 1950s, when the character's creator, Mick Anglo, was writing and drawing his adventures."
:allears::allears::allears::allears::allears:

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

You should probably seek a mental health clinic if you're finding yourself agreeing with Alan Moore often.
I don't know if Grant Morrison would lie, but I think it's likely that he were on a hell of a lot of drugs and imagined reading a letter, that's always a possibility.

You have to admit that Alan Moore saying "you'll never be as popular as me" like it matters at all seems completely insane.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Jack Gladney posted:

I'm actually a little concerned that I thought so much of these loons when I was an impressionable kid. I think nerd stuff can really warp you if you're not careful, you guys.

You can respect someone's writing ability while at the same time admitting that they are a bit bonkers.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

ElNarez posted:

Okay, so I guess my shop got it a week early. Neat!

Yeah dude if your shop gets caught doing that they are going to get in a lot of trouble. Diamond takes the last week of the year off so they send two weeks worth of stuff out before it. Pretty much every shop gets them early but they aren't allowed to sell them until the release date.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Are we willing to entertain the "there's at least one bonde man with short-cropped hair in London" hypothesis? Because, I'm just saying.
I'd say it's entirely possible that he saw a man walking down the street and didn't talk to him.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Little shell shocked tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Jack Gladney posted:

Yeah, all utopias crafted by people who are halfway intelligent acknowledge that they have problems. It's not a happy ending, but an outcome to the events of the narrative. The biggest red flag is "Miracle Man" deciding that Mike is dead and that Miracle Man is something better. He's nuts, dude. Life is just an endless series of imperfect compromises. Look at the next utopia Moore ended with at DC, for example.

Miracle Man didn't decide Mike was dead, Mike did. Did you not read the issue where that happened?

• Locked thread