Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

chime_on posted:

It reprints more than just the first Eclipse issue, there are some earlier stories in there too, apparently, and some essays/commentary. It's a pretty thick book.

It's 61 pages. I haven't read it yet, but the volume justifies the price, I would think.

I'm a big Alan Moore fan, but I've never read this or even know much of anything about it, so I'm pretty excited to get in from the beginning. It'll be a fun readalong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

As far as I'm aware, no.

Also for those going digital only it's important to note that Comixology have two versions a censored Mass Market version and a Parental Advisory version. As of now no major changes, a difference between a character wearing underwear and being naked but it's an Alan Moore book so won't be staying PG-13 for long.

Goddamn, they didn't surface that poo poo at all. Thanks, I would never have found that myself.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I liked this a lot. The transition from the fake 50s comic to the Nietzche quote was peak Alan Moore. Just an enormous sense of dread there.

Without spoiling anything, is this generally as dark as Watchmen? It's hard to tell where it's going right now, but the juxtaposition of the golden age hero in the "modern" world is a really interesting dynamic already.

I thought the colouring looked great, too. It definitely doesn't look like it's 30 years old.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Haha, I thought it was fake, too. I really liked it, though. The other issues in the back weren't great, but I like that it gives you some context.

• Locked thread