Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Marvel removing Moore's name is interesting. I wondered about that, since my local comic shop's owners were hyping the book saying it's some of Moore's best writing, which confused me since his name was nowhere to be found.

Been an interesting read, and Moore's deconstruction theme should keep things engaging.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

This has all been pretty informative, thanks!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

drat, that's unfortunate. Makes me grateful for the fact that my local store's owners are gigantic Moore fans. Without the thread's activity I wouldn't have known the second book was out, thanks.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I've got to wait another damned month for number three to be released, ugh. I've been enjoying the title so far, and I'm really grateful that the plot point I inadvertently spoiled foe myself on the wiki page was revealed in-comic in the second issue.

I was a little concerned with the way the plot is being advanced in the second issue, but it does a good job of foreshadowing future events without breaking the overall flow.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Flergatron 3000 posted:

I thought the conspiracy twist was pretty amazing actually. Also makes me feel sad for Big Ben.

Super sad for him, chum, being the unwitting plaything/weapon of a shadowy group and all.

The reveal as to how the miracleman family came to be was pretty interesting, I wasn't disappointed at all. Depressed, sure, but not disappointed.

Just as an aside, what counts as a spoiler? Can I discuss what has happened in the current (issue 5) and previous issues in detail, while avoiding what is yet to happen?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I don't see anything soulless with the recolouring either, I don't get the upset.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I'm probably committing sacrilege by saying thus but were issues 11 and 12 kind of bogged down by wordiness? Mike's internal soliloquys were realllllly lengthy imo.

I am looking forward to Johnny's eventual breakdown... it's going to be really bad :smith:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Soooooo I just finished the latest issue. I know more is coming, specifically with Gaiman, but the book could have ended there, with ''we fixed everything and now our only enemy is ennui,'' no?

It's about the worst ''happy'' ending I could think of.

Edit: I understand that the book DID end Moore's run, I just don't know where else it could all go.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I really liked MM's ''buuuuuhhhhhhh why my wife no want perfection does not compute?''

• Locked thread