Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...
Huh, never thought I'd see the day where we have two threads for Miracleman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

In some ways absolutely, but in other ways it is a more idealistic story. It's weird. Scary as Hell all the way.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

I think when considering pace in Miracleman early on it's important to remember that when it was originally serialised in Warrior it was in smaller bits.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

I loved Mike Moran's little deduction of Johnny's true nature.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

So where is the reprint up too story wise?

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

CapnAndy posted:

First appearance of Big Ben, The Man With No Time For Crime!, Miracleman has discovered his origins in the bunker.

Didn't Big Ben have his own story in Warrior for a while?

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

I think Warrior tried to go for the whole shared world thing. I think that's why V For Vendetta is said to be a world where Mike never remembered his trigger phrase.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

It is so great seeing a non-spoiled reader's opinion on Miracleman as it re-unfolds.. Even if I don't agree.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

I do have to wonder, in the V For Vendetta world, is Johnny Bates still alive somewhere out there?:tinfoil:

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Wait, what? :stare: Gargunza's being metaphorical, right? (Don't answer this)

Gargunza does so many awful psychologically weird stuff that you could be talking about anything.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

Oh that's what we're talking about! I like to think Gargunza is so screwed up that he traumatizes his nazi friends everytime he makes coffee in the morning.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

Well the colours certainly are done well here.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

I just want to know what fetish the original colourists had for the colour pink? Was there a huge huge surplus of pink inks at Eclipse?

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

Anyone got an estimate on when Gaiman's unreleased stuff will be coming out?

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

IUG posted:

I for one am glad that there's a comic that has the guts to show how ugly newborn babies are.

And they so could have gone with the "Well she's a super baby" excuse to make her look like a three month old.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

So Marvel's first original contribution to Miracleman is coming out this month. Grant Morrison is doing a story so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

Personally I just assume most people who've produced art I enjoy are far worse than I imagine. Though it is weird reading or hearing Alan Moore speak, dude usually sounds legible and normal, silly as it may be I always imagined him speaking in riddles that mostly turn out to be about fish people rape.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

So does Miracleman have the power to see Simpsons reruns decades early?

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

Kid Miracleman's life story post Dragon Slayer always confused me a little, did he have any clue regarding the deception or not? Because if he continued to think Gargunza was responsible for the bomb, why didn't he track him down? Did KM not notice the sudden absence of all his old enemies and the alien civilisations he once freely interacted with?

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

Anyone else think it'd be worth starting a spoiler thread?

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

Also why the gently caress did they fight him one at a time? Are super people and Warpsmiths beyond dog piling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

Here's a thought, does Miracleman avoid Norse mythology enthusiasts like the plague considering his weakness? Also as for the super baby thing, what annoyed me was the fact that like so many super intelligent children in fiction, Winter just comes off as annoying.

Lurdiak posted:

Miraclewoman's point wasn't about their free will, which is immaterial, it was about not terrifying and bullying these people that are so beneath them. You tell a child what to do, but you don't make him feel lovely about it. They're supposed to be better than petty political grudges, as justified as they might be (Thatcher was a monster).

I like to think Mike voted labor and that kind of bled through to Miracleman. I also was giggling about the psychonaut thing, I refuse to believe when omnipotent super being is a viable career that any kid would want to grow up to be a meth head.

• Locked thread