Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

Flameingblack posted:

If Alan Moore isn't getting money for this re-printed run why is it $6.00 for the first issue. That's silly. Is there $6 of content here? I'd love to read it but it seems a lot cheaper to wait for trade.

It reprints more than just the first Eclipse issue, there are some earlier stories in there too, apparently, and some essays/commentary. It's a pretty thick book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

I can't say that I love the original colors but I still really feel like important elements of the linework are lost due to the glossy shading in the reprints.

And of course, gradients abound.

Could you point out a part of that page where the linework in the drawings is lessened in the remaster? Because to my eye, I can see more of the pencil and ink detail in the new page in pretty much every panel.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

Jack Gladney posted:

What's the deal with the Warpsmiths? They seem kind of shoehorned into the story. Were they like a backdoor pilot for another Warrior feature or something?

This is the spoiler free thread.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
I thought you were asking about how the Warpsmiths factored into the overall story, since you said they seemed kind of shoehorned in.

• Locked thread