Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I read this entire thing before and I'm totally ok with giving Marvel money for updated digital issues.

Miracle hyped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Are all ancient british men as charming as Mick Anglo? That was a cool interview bit.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Waterhaul posted:

The Moore having his named removed is a small bit of a story of his bigger issues with the Big 2.

Basically after all his trouble with DC Moore had sworn off ever dealing with any of the big comic companies. Joe Quesada when he was EiC of Marvel flew to England to talk to Moore face to face and swear that Marvel will never mess him around the way DC did. They were to work together and get more Moore books on shelves and then the very next thing of Moore's that Marvel published was a Captain Britain reprint and there was a printing error and Moore's name was removed from the credits of the book. Which despite being an actual printing error Moore swore off ever dealing with Marvel since if you can't believe the EiC talking to you face to face why bother. Despite all of this Marvel are doing their best to stand by his wishes and not bother him with MiracleMan stuff.

My big takeaway from the first issue and this is that Joe Quasada is a cool dude.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So now that Mick Anglo has passed on, where does the money go?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

His estate, one assumes.

not sure what the estate laws and taxes are like in the UK but in the US that translates to the government.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mind Loving Owl posted:

So where is the reprint up too story wise?

The last issue of Book 1 dropped today. I kinda breezed through it since I've been reading the old Warrior run during my downtime.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CapnAndy posted:

Even the Parental Advisory Edition felt the need to censor the racial slur, incidentally, but that's okay because seriously Alan Moore that was not an okay reason to push that particular envelope.

I saw some patter on twitter complaining about that and rolled my eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Also in the original version of that Gargunza page everyone is like, citrus orange so that's another really odd thing.

IIRC back in the day comics were printed on the shittiest paper possible(like recycled orange crates) so its likely a scan source issue.

• Locked thread