Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koosh Koosh
Dec 9, 2004

GET OUT OF MY PROGRAMME, SAD MAN
Picked up issue 1 today. First time that I've bought a single in about two years or so, but hey, it's Miracleman. Hands down my favourite comic of all time. And after twenty years of publication purgatory, he's finally back! I've been holding off re-reading my original Eclipse issues, just in case Marvel sorted out the rights, and I can say that I'm not at all disappointed.

I'm not too fond of the regular cover art by Joe Quesada. I mean, I'm really thankful to the guy for being so instrumental in getting Miracleman back in print. However, the cover really highlights that he doesn't seem to understand Moore's version of the character. Slightly more benevolent and less malevolent, Joe.

The interior colouring is incredibly lush. I know people in the other Miracleman thread were complaining about not keeping the lovely 80's Eclipse colouring, but I thought it was very apparent to anyone that Garry Leach probably didn't want his work to feature purple faces, among other things. And after seeing his name under the art restoration section, I knew this was probably going to be the most definitive colouring of the series. Impressive.

There's some nice "Behind the Scenes" work after the first two chapters from Garry Leach. A very nice addition and makes it worth the price of admission. I'm glad I splashed out, in case they try to exclude any of this in the hardback of A Dream of Flying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koosh Koosh
Dec 9, 2004

Hakkesshu posted:

Without spoiling anything, is this generally as dark as Watchmen?

Yes. Possibly more so, if you can imagine that.

Koosh Koosh
Dec 9, 2004

Mind Loving Owl posted:

I think Warrior tried to go for the whole shared world thing. I think that's why V For Vendetta is said to be a world where Mike never remembered his trigger phrase.

And Gargunza built the Fate computer. I do hope Marvel reprint the Kimota! companion, as I loved reading the Warrior timeline as written by Moore.

Koosh Koosh
Dec 9, 2004

Mind Loving Owl posted:

I do have to wonder, in the V For Vendetta world, is Johnny Bates still alive somewhere out there?:tinfoil:

I'd have to assume because Miracleman wasn't reborn to rekindle his superhuman blood lust, he simply sat back and enjoyed the luxury that being in the elite of fascist Britain afforded him.

• Locked thread