Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.
I haven't really jumped into this despite being excited that it is actually back in print, mostly because of the prices. Thought I would trade-wait on it only to find that it would only be marginally cheaper to buy the reprinted first trade than it would to buy one of the incredibly out of print ones from a few decades ago. Is it worth it? And to those who have read both the old and the recolored ones, do the changes detract?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

CapnAndy posted:

Judge for yourself!

Blech, mixed feelings. Some of that looks good (like fixing up MM's skin to not be purple) but the desire to make all of the things more realistic looking is disappointing. The top recolor almost feels like it belongs in the DC house style.

• Locked thread