Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

Girl you like them plants?

SelenicMartian posted:

Why do I get the feeling, that all jobs will work the same way...
The jobs work basically the same (there are some small differences) but the story is different for each job, which is why I put it to a vote.

So far...

UL Engineer: 6
Musician: 2
Fashion Designer: 2
Chef: 1
Author: 0

Also, we don't even have a degree. I'm pretty sure we moved straight from highschool to New York in the hopes of something working out for us. Luckily we have a friend who is some sort of wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Devious Vacuum posted:

Become Lady Gaga, obviously.

I agree. Become an Author. I take it that a distinguishing feature of authors is glamorously walking on red carpets.

I also want to imagine that she can become a UL engineer because of a terrible mix-up in which she got a degree at the University of Louisiana.

Kangra fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Apr 12, 2014

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Devious Vacuum posted:

with AsteriskAsterisk

Is it just me, or is this:

clearly a baby? Once you put some hair and clothes on her she became a small child, but at this stage it definitely looks like a baby with breasts. So weird.

Blaziken386 posted:

Saints Row 2 was the best. Saints Row the Third apparently cut out a lot of the customization and from what I've heard SR IV is pretty much the same, just with a lot of the bonus outfits thrown into the main game.

The big difference for SR3 was the lack of layering, eg. shirts and jackets were separate in SR2 but combined in SR3, and that's the same in SR4. There are more options in SR4 though.

haplesscardsharp posted:

Please don't tell me you used a vehicle in Saints Row 4 long enough to pimp the poo poo out of it.

I don't understand people who say they never used vehicles in SR4. They're super fun.

Jenner posted:

"Nerd girls" have it rough too because they are either gross and pathetic or are only nerds in passing and are more likely just The Girlfriend.

Or like the Felicia Day characters (in everything I've seen her in) where they're the lonely nerd's dreamgirl, the attractive, competent sidekick.

Jinxie Monroe posted:

This is why I like the show Drop Dead Diva despite it being pretty schlocky "chick" stuff overall. It's just so nice to see a larger woman portrayed as just a person (not till around season 2-3 though sadly). Plus Margaret Cho.

Drop Dead Diva is pretty good, although I feel like the supernatural elements are kind of holding it back at this point. I feel like that really worked well in the beginning but now whenever it comes up I just want them to drop it.

tinkerttoy
Dec 30, 2013

by XyloJW

SelenicMartian posted:

Why do I get the feeling, that all jobs will work the same way...

Anyway, engineer, because there's an orange Shy Guy hiding at the bottom of the picture. Maybe we'll get to pull turnip.

That's a reason so excellent that she's not going to be an author. Another one for UL Engineer.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

Midnight Voyager posted:

Girl games have taught me that I cannot compete with other girls. If any other girl is nearby, I cannot win a man.

Girl Games also teach us that a woman needs a man in her life, but a man can be happy without a woman, so you must compete for male attention. Because only a penis can make you happy.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

haplesscardsharp posted:

Because only a penis can make you happy.

Unless it makes you mad, then tase it for dropping laundry on the floor or choke it while it's driving.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

Suspicious Cook posted:

choke it while it's driving.

I'm not sure it was intentional, but I enjoy the double entendre.

Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

Let's Play Disney City Girl Part 2: Girl Games Harder

We chose UL Engineer as our job!

Hey Bestie, how goes the job hunt? Liza just told me she heard about a very cool contract position!

Here we meet Liza, who is probably an apprentice witch. She is who you work with if you go the Fashion Designer route.

That's right! I know an Engineer at Underwriters Laboratories who's looking for an assistant. I met her last summer at a Sustainable Fashion conference.
She was there giving a talk about the importance of chemical emissions testing for clothing. Do you want me to introduce you? Her name's Natasha Singh!

And with that, we meet Natasha, who was hiding in our apartment this whole time.

You can call me Tasha, actually. Liza's already told me about your background. Sounds like you could be fairly competent in this role.
Just don't expect the work to be easy!

INVITE NEIGHBOURS! Get more friends to help you make it big in the city!

Be quiet, Jenna!

And with that we finish a quest and...

Free gold and money, yeah! I wish I could level up in real life.

But anyway, now we have two quests. One from Tasha and one from Jenna. We're going to do the Tasha quest because Jenna just wants us to spend money. Life in New York is hard, Jenna!

Was Liza telling you about the talk I gave at that fashion conference?
Personally, I believe the lab coat is the very pinnacle of fashion. It's very chic, don't you agree? Especially when complemented with the right pair of goggles.
Why did I choose Tasha's Quest?:cry:
Not everyone shares our fine taste, unfortunately. Instead they buy clothes that too often contain chemicals toxic to the environment.
Your job is to help me test new products headed to the market. If they're going to harm the environment or the people using them, we want to know about it!

Tasha is "very fashionable" indeed, but not as fashionable as Business Casual.

Let's go to work!

This job takes ten seconds to do, but we only get paid 20 coins when the cost is a Metro Ticket and Energy. Still, 20 coins for 10 seconds work is good.

We finished work, and with that our quest. We have two quests again. Jenna, or Tasha. I'll let the thread pick this one. Also, feel free to choose new clothes. A reminder: The choices are Business, Social, or Sporty. There's also Mystery but a lot of those clothes cost real money.

SirArthurIV
Feb 15, 2014
Are those silver coins Nickles, Quarters, Dimes, or Silver Dollars? That puts us at at least $360 per hour. Assuming a 40 hour work week, that's 288,000 nickles per week. We'll need some sleeves for those.

tinkerttoy
Dec 30, 2013

by XyloJW
We're a no-nonsense... clothes... engineer. Let's go business; maybe we can even wear a labcoat while we're working with Tasha.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Keep making money with Tasha, it doesn't matter what we wear.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Clothes engineer, huh? If you select the author job, do you have to write about the benefits of wearing clothes?
This City Girl For Rent game seems to have a one track mind.

Stick to the goggles lady jobs.

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.

SelenicMartian posted:

Clothes engineer, huh? If you select the author job, do you have to write about the benefits of wearing clothes?
This City Girl For Rent game seems to have a one track mind.

Stick to the goggles lady jobs.

The chef job is probably not a food chef, either. We just throw yarn in the oven and out comes a sweater.

Is there a way to go more business casual? If not, can we go sports business? Also, stick with Tasha, she knows how to make some mad cash and look professional doing it.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

You can't expect women to care about something that isn't clothes! Let's be realistic here.

SassyRobot
Jan 19, 2007

ANGRY WASHING duh-duh duh-duh duh-DUH!

Veloxyll posted:

You can't expect women to care about something that isn't clothes! Let's be realistic here.

It does, indirectly! Non-toxic clothes are the best clothes :j:!

Money is necessary to buy more stuff so bothering Tasha seems like a solid priority. Dress for success, go business like a professional!

Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

chocolatekake posted:

The chef job is probably not a food chef, either. We just throw yarn in the oven and out comes a sweater.

Is there a way to go more business casual?
There is a way to make us more business casual, and I have unlocked the most business casual store:

So business casual the suits also give you social bonuses!

Also, here is what the game shows us doing for when we go to work:

And here is it for Musician:

Chef:

Fashion Designer:

and Author:

The first job you do as an Author, by the way, is literally Retweeting a tweet. And you get paid 20 coins for that. The next job? Liking a facebook status.

Killrrhubarb fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Apr 13, 2014

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I have three comments.

One, the UL logo is out of perspective. Like. REALLY out of perspective.
Two. Goggles and microscopes generally don't go together too well, I would've thought.
Three. I am pretty sure that is an inappropriate way to hold a microscope. Make of that what you will.
3A: for that matter, how do you FOCUS that microscope? That black thing looks like a label, not a lens adjuster!

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
You know I'm fairly sure there's quite a large payscale/hierarchy difference between 'chef' and 'dishwasher'. Or maybe I've been watching too many YES CHEF! television shows.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Are these pictures animated in the game? Is she stroking the microscope?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Killrrhubarb posted:

The first job you do as an Author, by the way, is literally Retweeting a tweet. And you get paid 20 coins for that. The next job? Liking a facebook status.

Haha, holy poo poo, we chose poorly. :v:

I want that job, now.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Killrrhubarb posted:

The real question is, being that this is a mobile game, do you actually have to log into those social media sites and do those actions? This seems like the kind of game that would do that to you.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
If it were any other game I'd ask if you get different pictures by getting further in that job. :v:

Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

KataraniSword posted:

The real question is, being that this is a mobile game, do you actually have to log into those social media sites and do those actions? This seems like the kind of game that would do that to you.

Thankfully no. This is actually a facebook game, and you may have noticed a tickbox that says "post this to my wall" when I leveled up. Luckily this is an account I made specifically for the occasion, because it has spammed about 15 posts onto my wall.

bathroomrage posted:

If it were any other game I'd ask if you get different pictures by getting further in that job. :v:

You actually do. The only one I've actually seen is the Fashion Designer change, but this is level 2:

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Killrrhubarb posted:

You actually do. The only one I've actually seen is the Fashion Designer change, but this is level 2:

It's good to see a game that represents the truth about working your way up from the bottom - from washing dishes to being a master chef, from busking on the street to being a rock star, from doing science in a lab to... huh. I guess they never expected anyone to choose the sciencey option.

Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

Nidoking posted:

It's good to see a game that represents the truth about working your way up from the bottom - from washing dishes to being a master chef, from busking on the street to being a rock star, from doing science in a lab to... huh. I guess they never expected anyone to choose the sciencey option.

The interesting thing is that Underwriters Lab either works with Playdom or Disney or both and there is references to them in every single Disney-Playdom game I have played. Even the Smurfs. Even if you don't go the Engineer route, you can get more Safety Sense by checking the UL label on the Microwave.

I'll show more stat-boosting options in the next update. It is the main part of the game, after all!

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

:siren: UPDATE! :siren:

Oh boy you guys, I'm almost through with these videos! The next entry will be the finale of Girl Games!

with Fat Larry :siren: WARNING: BABY MUTILATION :siren:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

There is an ultimate end to Girl Games. Surely you jest, D-Vac!

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Holy poo poo that Reverse Makeover game is REALLY NOT OKAY. Why does that exist. Why does this exist. ARGH.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
That's not what poison ivy looks like at all. I was really confused about why they were putting parsley on the lady's face.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

General Ironicus posted:

That's not what poison ivy looks like at all. I was really confused about why they were putting parsley on the lady's face.

Maybe they originally wanted to do Spinach Tooth but realized there aren't any teeth left to get spinach stuck in. They already stole the asset though, so they may as well use it for /something/.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Devious Vacuum posted:

Oh boy you guys, I'm almost through with these videos! The next entry will be the finale of Girl Games!

WHAT

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.
I think they probably have such terrible and short sound clips because they just recorded the first part of a sample before the watermark.
Something like this. That way they don't have to pay for the sounds and they get repeated incessantly.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

General Ironicus posted:

I think it's supposed to be stinging nettle.

Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

"Just because she's into science however, doesn't mean that Zee lost her girly attitude or love for things like fashion or toys"

Ugh.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Killrrhubarb posted:

"Just because she's into science however, doesn't mean that Zee lost her girly attitude or love for things like fashion or toys"

Ugh.

Wait, so boys aren't supposed to like toys? Well then, I have to start blocking out most of my childhood then.

tinkerttoy
Dec 30, 2013

by XyloJW
What the hell was up with that first-aid game?

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Don't worry, the finale video is simply the best there is. Once I made it, I knew I couldn't make any video that could possibly follow it.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Girl Games will always live on in our hearts <3

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
When I saw the cigarettes in the reverse makeover, for a moment I thought they were going to burn her face with them. :gonk: I was actually relieved when they just made her inhale the smoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Implications of Hello Kitty

• Locked thread