Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'
Newgrounds is by far the worst place for dress up games. I had to stop looking after I discovered dress up hentai game(s). :barf: Why I didn't think they existed, I'll never know. The internet is not for children, and they should never be allowed to explore it. :smith:

Edit: It's not one game, it's a whole loving section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

MiracleFlare posted:

Admittedly, I've never been very interested in fashion, and that's not necessarily a good thing. But do blouses usually go for hundreds of dollars, up to $900?

My best friend loves to compete in beauty pageants; the money someone can spend on one item of clothing for one event even in an optional contest is staggering.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'
So is it even possible to market a video game by using a woman, but not portray the woman in a negative light? No.

Are you a girl who likes video games? Do you play them for fun instead of using them to meet boys? Do you hate it when men online either hit on you or judge you because you are a woman?
Well, we here at Sony want to offend the gently caress out of you and portray a sense of women are sex objects; please see this advertisement, and hopefully you never buy anything from us again.

I don't think I've ever seen an advertisement that says "women are just boobs" more than this.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

Devious Vacuum posted:

Ahahahaahhahahaha holy poo poo what is this. This game is exactly what would happen if Mega Man got Girl Games power.

Why does it have to be a MegaMAN? :colbert:
What's wrong with being a MegaWoman?

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

azren posted:

Okay, so I had a question regarding terminology; my mother and I were having a discussion regarding the words "transsexual" and "transgendered," and had come to a disagreement. Mom felt that one of the words had become an inappropriate/archaic term, and the other was the generally accepted one, while I had the impression that the two words meant slightly different things (last I had been told, "sex" referred to body and "gender" referred to identity). Anyone have any input on this?

As long as you are respectful about it, simply asking someone what term she and/or he prefer is your best bet. Some identify as either a man or woman. Some like to use the term "trans", which seems pretty neutral. Some don't place themselves all the way on one side or the other of the gender spectrum. Other people will want to be referred to using another term. Sex and gender are important things, but they aren't the only things that define a person. So also be aware that thinking of someone as your "transgendered friend" is very ignorant.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'
I would also like to mention that sex and gender have nothing to do with sexual orientation.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'
loving drat it, how is dress up hentai the second worse thing I've seen this month?

Fake Edit:
What would be worse: someone who made that game who just happens to have no sense of awareness, or some racist rear end in a top hat that thought "oh man I hate them injuns so much but I sure do love me some Native American fashion and I'm good at programming dress up games!"

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

Devious Vacuum posted:

More like: "Native American culture is just SO spiritual and beautiful, you know? This pattern really speaks to me. It's a reminder of a once great people and being one with nature, you know?"

Spoilers: this is the current attitude of many people in the fashion industry right now.

It's people repeating American history again(, but not literally taking their things)? That's even worse. :smith:

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

Is that making fun of people who fat shame, or is it making fun of people who are anorexic? I can't tell, because it clearly has the "don't be anorexic" after school message vibe, but then the end makes it seem like anorexia is a joke. Is this just Pewdiepie's newest gimmic: Anorexia "jokes"?

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

Meis posted:

You can also put a swastika on it, for some reason.

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you, Anime Hitler:

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'
Previously on "Everybody Loves Raymond":

Devious Vacuum posted:

I swear to god, I leave you guys alone for ONE WEEKEND and the thread goes straight to mechs and pig poo poo.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

Devious Vacuum posted:

PERFECT. Nah, seriously though, I don't mind the robot dress up game, because it shows again how everybody likes dress up, I just really enjoyed the phrase "mechs and pig poo poo."

Also of course Girls Like Robots, a game on Steam told me so!

Of course you didn't mind the robot game.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'
He is way too skinny to be a goon. Maybe that's just the picture he uses for his dating profile.

Fake Edit: "Looks aren't everything" says the girl who uses the word hot way too loving much.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

Boner Police posted:

i'm not a girl but i will check my male privilege before posting in this thread in the future.

a future in which estrogen injections are mandatory administered by robots with hard metal (empowered) breasts

in all seriousness this is actually hilarious

I can't even understand what the gently caress you're trying to say. This might have been funny if you weren't so bad at writing. I mean, it still wouldn't be funny, but at least it'd be readable.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

ThatPazuzu posted:

Yeah, the Teen Titans cartoons are pretty good. In fact most DCAU stuff is decent at gender portrayal. Super Best Friends Forever is very girl friendly. But I genuinely can't think of any actual comic book that's girl centric and that would be appropriate for little girls.

Comic books are really bad at feminism. :(

What about the My Little Pony comic? Oh wait...

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

DWK posted:

Ponies and whatnot.

I don't support this at all. My Little Pony is going to turn innocent little girls into greasy, sweaty, fedora wearing men.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'
A possible comment:
"Oh my Celestia! You finally played the games that Hasbro(ny) has made for the show's intilegent and machewer audience! Those puzzle games were so hard! Finally we have proof (more like hoof, amirite?) that this show isn't made for little children!" posted by twinklespark69

Please don't put the pony part on youtube, even if you disable comments.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'
I don't think that puppy game can qualify as a "girl game", because I believe it's a game that all young children must play. It's an educational game that teaches them the valuable life lesson that puppies are adorable.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'
I bought and played that game in a drunken haze, it's not for girls. It's for men. Men who want to be prepubescent anime girls. Although to its credit, it doesn't have nudity. Or its does and I missed it because I wasn't looking for it because I'm not a gross Tucker.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

Despite this blatant reason not to hit start game, I did find it quite enjoyable, because it dealt with grief and emotions, had a decent amount of strategy, and had a lovable cast of jackasses.

DairunCates posted:

GOOD female action poses.

Unrelated to conversation, but relevant to girl games:

Who would ever Google search "girl games club baby"?

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

Wanamingo posted:

Well, actually...

You could have told me that was from an early tomb raider game and I wouldn't have even noticed. gently caress, graphics have come a long way.

Ariong posted:

Somebody hasn't watched episode 17.
Or any other episode. :rimshot:

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'
Girls like icecream, washing machines, and the letter U, right?

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'
I didn't really notice this until the Adele game, but why is every girl in a dress up game in her underwear?

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

Devious Vacuum posted:

Some of them start with a default outfit that is just the first selection of every list.

I think we should all take a moment to pause and reflect on the internalized objectification of women's bodies that is so ingrained into our culture that we don't even notice or think it's weird to be bombarded with images of questionably-aged nearly naked women in these games. And of course the games themselves contribute to this internalized objectification, because they are targeted at little girls and yet sexualize the women you're dressing up.

I agree, but I feel that your statement also seems to contain two problems with many cultures. One, that sexuality is wrong and shameful. Two, that nudity is always sexual and/or wrong. Having a healthy sexual relationship (when you're an adult) is perfectly fine, and yet so many people are either reluctant to "admit" to it or afraid to face it. Nudity is natural, but if a mother or father quickly covered herself or himself up, it would signal to the child that it is something naughty and you can never be naked. Of course, I'm probably just assuming. Also, I spent money taking a course in college, and I'm going to apply the knowledge in the real world.

Me taking an Intro to Human Sexuality class aside, I really meant: why do they start in their underwear, wouldn't they decide what to where before they took their old clothes off?

haplesscardsharp fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 6, 2014

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

YourAverageJoe posted:

Yeah, but Saints Row 3 and 4 also have the best vehicle customization this side of Pimp My Beautiful Car.

Please don't tell me you used a vehicle in Saints Row 4 long enough to pimp the poo poo out of it.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

heenato posted:

Yeah. I looked up a comparison, and they are nothing alike, sadly. Men get to be the hulk while ladies get to be a normal body weight.

To be fair, anyone (male, female, or zebra) looks ugly as gently caress when they're that muscled up.

Edited because I somehow cannot use the right spelling of "to"

haplesscardsharp fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 8, 2014

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'
Do you disable youtube comments to prevent the :can:, or has it already happened?

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

Midnight Voyager posted:

Girl games have taught me that I cannot compete with other girls. If any other girl is nearby, I cannot win a man.

Girl Games also teach us that a woman needs a man in her life, but a man can be happy without a woman, so you must compete for male attention. Because only a penis can make you happy.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

Suspicious Cook posted:

choke it while it's driving.

I'm not sure it was intentional, but I enjoy the double entendre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'
Your campaign slogan was "Legalize it*", right?

*Girl Games

• Locked thread