Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
This thread is amazing, in both good and bad ways. I wish the horrors were more surprising :sigh: but this is a great look at them.

I grew up with three older sisters and a mom who all played video games, to varying degrees. I learned to read with King's Quest games, and we played a shitload of NES and SNES everything. It never even occurred to me that video games would be "for boys." By the time "for girls" games became common on consoles and the internet, I was way older than the target demographic. I generally looked on anything girly with disdain anyway. I did play Neopets for a while (when I was like 14, ha), but that was more "cute animals" than "omg animalz for gurlz!" poo poo like the so-called games here makes me confused and mad.

Panzer Skank posted:

This blows my mind. Not only does this game have not completely awful writing, I'm allowed to hit on the girls??? I didn't play far enough to the point where I unlocked "dating", but this game definitely has dating. Can I be in a gay relationship?? I think I actually can.

Okay, this made me curious. Since I have too much time on my hands and I missed playing the "tap, wait, tap, wait" IAP-generators (I used to play Trade Nations and Zombie Farm, because gently caress me), so I had a look.

I had to do some quests along the way. Some of them had amusing dialogue.

Finally, I was able to build the little thing where couples stand to have a date, because that's totally how dating works, right?

The moment of truth...

Yesss! Lezzin' out~~~

gently caress yesssss

This game would be better as a grow-your-own-college thing than high school, and it doesn't have anything to do with education in either case, but it earns my seal of approval anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

SelenicMartian posted:

I prefer L&D2, though. It has "ripping off a skin flap off the patients skull with your bare hands and holding it up with seel hooks" as a standard start for the surgery.

My favorite part of that game was stabbing the patient in the eye with a needle and hearing them scream.

I definitely also accidentally started cutting without turning on the anesthesia at least once. Lawsuit? Naw, just report to the classroom for more medical school!

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

Hahaha. I mated a Yaris and a Hummer and bred little self-contradicting monstrosities.

And Ford Windstar? Seriously? Whose dream car involves a generic minivan?

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
My favorite part of this video was "It's not for you. It's not yours. Put it down."

Sums up a lot, really :(

(The blue skin color made me wonder if they were going for some kind of Na'vi thing.)

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
When I saw the cigarettes in the reverse makeover, for a moment I thought they were going to burn her face with them. :gonk: I was actually relieved when they just made her inhale the smoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
This has been amazing. That tear of blue paint on the blow-up doll... there are no words...

Thank you, DVac and everyone else, for an entertaining, depressing, educational, and overall incredible LP.

• Locked thread