Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
He already has Summon Sun-Il, what more do you need? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

booksnake
May 4, 2009

Hm. Maybe it's something like the TYPE-MOON/Nasuverse... Guardians, I think it was? Those guys who function as the avatars of Gaea's self-defense mechanism. We had that plot dump talking about the universe self-correcting for people who do stuff out of the natural order, and all.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

Dan7el posted:

Not having a reference, I didn't know who Sung Ma-Hyun was. Now I do. So, "he moved"? What the hell does that mean? There is an implicit statement going on here, but I'm missing the meaning entirely. Anyone know?

By "he moved", it just means he took action. Probably referring to him revealing himself with Jee-han, possibly as part of some larger plan.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

Amstrad posted:

I'm actually afraid of this happening.
That goddamn elemental better be some sort of craggy rock monster or I'll be pissed.

Because I read some BSS comic threads recently I want him to be this guy:

Dan7el posted:

Anyone else notice the imagined images of the various elementals were all girl-shaped? Here I am, thinking, "earth elemental" and I'm thinking of a wood golem from Asheron's Call. He's thinking, slender dryad. At least he realized he can figure out how to summon all the various types on his own once he has the basics down.

Nah, the fire one looks like a dude. The water one is a popular image of an Undine and the wind one is supposed to be a Sylph.

This chapter made me rethink his mom's sudden level change - would make sense if she's doing that because she has informants in the Abyss and is trying to keep a low profile against the Auction guys/assorted bad dudes. Presumably at her real level she would be competent enough to fool Jee-han's observe skill, and as far as we know, she has been avoiding getting involved personally in Jee-han's new adventures in the magic realm.

booksnake fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 9, 2014

booksnake
May 4, 2009

XboxPants posted:

I thought she was level ??????

Must've hit the level cap and reincarnated :v:

booksnake
May 4, 2009

"You feel an ominous presence."

booksnake
May 4, 2009

Nahxela posted:

What if there's a character in the Abyss that can respec people? That seems plausible. Either that or a rare relic/shrine/etc that does the same.

It's his mom. :v:

booksnake
May 4, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

I have my doubts that reality is so fond of Jee-Han that it made him immortal. He is more of a running joke than a god, after all.

All the more reason to keep him around so it can laugh at him

booksnake
May 4, 2009

KittyEmpress posted:

I don't really like the Class President because she's jumping into stuff she is n no way prepared for, while acknowledging that she has no need to do so. She is acting like her only way forward is in the AByss, while at the same time being too afraid of the abyss to even sleep.

She is obsessive and self destructive as we have seen thus far, and having Jee Han support that is dumb.

How strong does she want to become to be able to protect herself? The person who kidnapped her almost beat Jee Han, and he's pretty loving strong. Does she need to be that strong, before she feels safe? Does she need to be even stronger, since she lacks the benefits of the Gamer's stuff?

She wants to be 'strong enough' to survive on her own, but the stronger she gets, the bigger of fish she gets looking at her.

JeeHan says as much, that getting stronger doesn't actually make her safer - but her problem is mental, since she is just scared to be unable to do anything on her own. I figure him encouraging her is because even if they're running in place in terms of getting away from danger, he can get a mental placebo effect going so she stops having a mental breakdown

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, I don't get why most of the comments seem to absolutely hate her guts. Like, they're full of people talking about how they want the class president to die.

Probably just cuz she's a normal person and not a magic waifu

booksnake
May 4, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

What bothers me the most about the Gamer is how Sun-Il's growth makes no sense. Like, what was he even doing before Jihan's adventures began? He pretty much doubled his level in the space of the time sine Jihan became active in the Abyss.

Also it bothers me that Sun-Il will probably not win Jihan's romantic affections.

I think that's kind of a given, since Sun-Il's kinda written like a generic protagonist. Heir to a powerful martial arts clan, clever, trains hard. If you weren't comparing him to Jee-han, Cheater Incarnate, it wouldn't be so jarring, I suppose?

Ooh, and I can reuse calling him cheater incarnate for cheating on his husbando with all these girls!
I actually think Jee-han and Sung-ah, or what's her name, the teacher's daughter are cute though

booksnake
May 4, 2009

An emissary from the Ninth Gate wishes to speak with you.

"Our words are backed by nuclear legendary magical weapons"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

booksnake
May 4, 2009

Caught up on the past two chapters and giving a giant golem eye lasers is exactly the nerd power fantasy I want out of this story