Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I'm afraid... Afraid that this thread will have the worst derails. Gaming feminism wars vs anime feminism wars? Yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

It's Schrodinger's Game Mechanics. It is impossible to tell if the levels existed before Jee-Han got his power, because no one could see them regardless. Until someone was able to look at them, it was impossible to tell if they were there or not. :v:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

khy posted:

He ought to level up Fool's Act, status effects can be super-powerful in some games. Confusion especially can be crazy good depending upon the game.

Swagger! :argh:

That makes me think, though. How long till he gets some weird animal as a pet to fight alongside him? Or it could start off as a normal animal and grow into some exotic thing.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Nahxela posted:

If this is a true MMO, we will see expansions with power/level creep.

This is pretty much a given in any battle manga/manhua/manhwa.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjphanrGEKQ

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I'm not sure how to handle puns--like Zoro's attacks in One Piece, for instance. It's not too hard to translate the odd pun here or there, but when you have a dozen of them all sharing a theme, English, as a langauge, is not equipped for that.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Yeah, at the upper levels in RO you needed to kill hundreds of thousands of mobs to gain a single level, hundreds of thousands of mobs that were 20 to 50 levels higher than you. Then you reincarnated and started back at level one so you could unlock your true class.

Good times! :allears:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

At first I was like "Oh, it's a female gnome." But then she got bigger! Oh well. :shobon:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

The Dark Gamer is a big fan of phone MMOs, and has a huge hole in his pocket. He fights with the power of multiple forms of anime girls (Boat-Girls, Train-Girls, Plane-Girls, Underage-Girls, etc.). :v:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

If he's having trouble in school, he'll create "Han Jee-Han's Math Mnemonic". :v:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

Oh, I thought he was going to use his time barrier for some extended power-studying! Instead, nope, it's more grinding ogres!

I kind of wish that they'd move on faster. What I enjoyed was seeing game concepts applied to real life, or "real life consequences" of game mechanics, not literally 20 chapters of a dude grinding.

Hey man, haven't you ever played a kMMO? :v:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

booksnake posted:

Must've hit the level cap and reincarnated :v:

I guess the Housewife trans-class would be Queen, or Chief Maid or something. Someone who stays at home and is the end-all be-all of what goes on in that home.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Slime posted:

What a genius. Wisdom is important! And that's why I'm dumping everything into int well beyond that 100 point threshold where it gives me a big boost.

If the mechanics in the story are based on kMMOs, then chances are good that it has exponential scaling on damage stats. Like Ragnarok Online, the Most Korean kMMO of them all. inb4 Jee-han finds some sick hats.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

who needs a hat when you have ogre panties? :v:

This only counts if he wears them on the outside. :colbert:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I hope Jee-Han's Hyper Novice second job is better than the Super Novice second job, because it would suck to hit a cap like that.

I wonder if the Gnome skill that says he can summon 14 of them is a mistranslation? If not, I hope he notices it soon. Also, when is he going to use his Psychokinesis? :argh:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Oh, okay. Guess my memories failing me already... :ohdear:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

He should learn to do somersaults instead and become Link from Ocarina of Time.

If he was Link from OoT, running backwards would be faster than running forwards! Get on it, Jee-han! :getin:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

But if he could control the iron in someone's body he could probably gently caress someone up real bad by perforating arteries and such.

Then again you get into the whole "Why don't Airbenders just cause embolisms in people's bloodstreams to beat them etc" arguments when you go that far.

My friend once told me Magneto can do this. Can you confirm this using your authority as Western Comics Envoy to ADTRW?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

You're a Magweirdo :c00l:

I don't know what this means but I am offended nonetheless. :mad:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Bybus Slago posted:

He just needs more skills at this point. Levels are great for getting more stat-based skills, but since he can pretty much infinity grind any skills he picks up with his hyperbolic time chamber dungeons, he just needs more skills to level. Other people get this powerful by training for decades, he's been at this how long? A few months, if that? He still has entire parts of the "game" he hasn't touched yet, like the crafting that got hinted at when he was bashing zombies. Maybe he can grind crafting skills and make a set of normal looking clothes that give him 99% resistances to everything. It's always about the grind.

He should craft a +10 double boned double bloody Rod, then he will one shot people all day.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Slime posted:

Hey, that outfit gives her really good stat boosts. If Jee Han was really committed to being a wizard he'd be rocking a wizard hat with star stickers everywhere and a fake beard, I bet they'd give great stat boosts. Probably some kind of set bonus too if he has the sparkly wizard robe.

I, too, wear a Wizzard hat for the +2 to intelligencespeed.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Jee-han will tell people that he is the moon

And they will believe!!!! :worship:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I guess the "Virgin Wizard Age" varies by country? I've always heard 30 before, but according to comments that's only in Japan. I wonder what the American age is.

I've always heard 30.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Mid-Air Instant Movement, or whatever the setting's equivalent is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Nyaa posted:

He will become God eventually and it won't matter when he can cast whatever spell he wants. Resurrection, wish, armaggedon, owl wisdom

Or the strongest spell of all, Contingency.