Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Arivia posted:

You're one of the legions of man children on the internet mad that they're not being given compliments for throwing fits when things don't go their way. Please grow up.

Kek.

You never answered what army you play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

LingcodKilla posted:

Kek.

You never answered what army you play.

Are you seriously checking if she's a fake gamer girl? I don't really like Arivia but I'll take her over this embarrassing 2012 poo poo.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Arivia posted:

You're one of the legions of man children on the internet mad that they're not being given compliments for throwing fits when things don't go their way. Please grow up.

E: did the old 30k thread talk about "poverty friends" like the new one does? The amount of classism and discrimination GW engenders in its customers is…well, it sure is British.

I can tell you're not from the UK because a lighthearted quip upsets you, don't visit you'll probably have a heart attack.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Kill la kill your'reself, idiot

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I was actually agreeing with you Arivia but trying and failing to be funny, like I usually do :smith:. You guys are running this whole thing with her into the ground tripping over yourselves to fight not so much against what she said but the straw man you've built up.

chaos rhames posted:

Are you seriously checking if she's a fake gamer girl? I don't really like Arivia but I'll take her over this embarrassing 2012 poo poo.

Also this is pretty gross. But I think thats being unfair to 2012.

Arivia posted:

E: did the old 30k thread talk about "poverty friends" like the new one does? The amount of classism and discrimination GW engenders in its customers is…well, it sure is British.

Tiny toy men are wannabe Veblen goods? It's not unique to GW, unfortunately. Before Grogs got gassed I posted a rant from a different minis game where a dude got jumped on for asking for the cheapest way to get started and got told if he wasn't going to go in whole hog he shouldn't even bother and to stay away, that the hobby was only for people like him with the money and dedication.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Arivia posted:

Great, so you're racist and unable to not be ironic. You've never met a black person or painted a black person mini, have you? All you know is GW, maybe you're so used to nothing else existing that you don't know what a black person is and think everybody is supposed to have hands bigger than their skulls. Don't even try to evade it, you've been owned.

Go look up Infinity and Dropzone Commander and maybe you'll be less of a mockery of a human being. You won't, but I can dream.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Good Dumplings posted:

Great, so you're racist and unable to not be ironic. You've never met a black person or painted a black person mini, have you? All you know is GW, maybe you're so used to nothing else existing that you don't know what a black person is and think everybody is supposed to have hands bigger than their skulls. Don't even try to evade it, you've been owned.
What the gently caress?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 47 minutes!
https://youtu.be/13uoZkZKmiU

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Scrunts to the left of me
Nigmos to the right
Here we are, slapfighting, triggering goons

haunted bear tale
May 14, 2013
Can we please go back to talking about how the Sigmarines have Sigmarite and it's stupid. In the same vein, the Lizardmen have stopped tipping their maces and spears with obsidian and bronze. Instead, the celestial Seraphon make their weapons out of.. celestite.

Which is not only stupid because of the Naming Scheme Narrative Forging Plan, but also because it is already a material in reality which is really unsuitable for making weapons of. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celestine_(mineral)

I also enjoy this desperate sales pitch from the Saurus Warriors description:

quote:

This multi-part plastic kit contains enough components to assemble twenty Saurus Warriors, clutching celestite clubs or celestite spears. Whichever weapon is chosen, they also wield stardrake shields. One miniature can be assembled as an Alpha Talon, and one miniature can carry a stardrake icon,afefecting [sic!] nearby enemy units negatively. Yet another miniature can carry wardrums, and there are many variations in head and shield options - your Saurus Warriors will be as unique as you wish!
:sparkles:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

no no you're not supposed to post the cute one in this thread

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

As a British person I can confirm we are terrible but also never come here, a standard greeting is areet ya wanker, might cause an aneurism. Also we don't say retard it's more Brit-accurate to say windowlicker

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Carecalmo posted:

Can we please go back to talking about how the Sigmarines have Sigmarite and it's stupid. In the same vein, the Lizardmen have stopped tipping their maces and spears with obsidian and bronze. Instead, the celestial Seraphon make their weapons out of.. celestite.

Which is not only stupid because of the Naming Scheme Narrative Forging Plan, but also because it is already a material in reality which is really unsuitable for making weapons of. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celestine_(mineral)

I also enjoy this desperate sales pitch from the Saurus Warriors description:

:sparkles:

Stardrake? They're not just named for a furry fetish artist, they carry the icon of a Bad Dragon?

Someone in there's doing this on purpose, they're just trying to slip it past management.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Like if there was ever a posting gimmick that was going to get people all riled up, Arivia's found it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Good Dumplings posted:

Stardrake? They're not just named for a furry fetish artist, they carry the icon of a Bad Dragon?

Someone in there's doing this on purpose, they're just trying to slip it past management.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Arivia posted:

hang yourself

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Like if there was ever a posting gimmick that was going to get people all riled up, Arivia's found it.

it is pretty good i'll give them credit.

We are currently at 1.75 Hollis "Roadkill on my bases and in my gumbo" mason, but still at .3 Hoopz

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

This is still amazing and if ever there was a time for a GW staffer to repeat it, it's now.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

boom boom boom posted:

Somebody made a joke about this early, but it's an actual serious thing, don't use the word idiot. In some sates and the UK people who are declared an "idiot" are literally not allowed to vote. I'm really hoping you're just ignorant, and not actively using a hurtful, outdated term just to "burn" some internet stranger.

The term idiot has not been used clinically in the UK for decades.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Whole buncha bad posting happening up in here lately

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Drone posted:

Whole buncha bad posting happening up in here lately

Business as usual then :shepface:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
As much as I hate the possum picture thing, I'd rather see pages of that than whatever the hell has dominated the thread in the past couple of days.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Gravy Train Robber posted:

I was actually agreeing with you Arivia but trying and failing to be funny, like I usually do :smith:. You guys are running this whole thing with her into the ground tripping over yourselves to fight not so much against what she said but the straw man you've built up.

My apologies, I forgot the word said. Like GTR said, … I know you're a cool dude. Still going to airlock you, toaster. :unsmith:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I'm not playing a gimmick. I do enjoy making manchildren mad, but that's literally half the purpose of this thread.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Apollodorus posted:

This is still amazing and if ever there was a time for a GW staffer to repeat it, it's now.

Someone should start looking for things like that hidden in all the recent books

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

How did this become worse than the star citizen thread?

haunted bear tale
May 14, 2013

quote:

If Opossum has come into your Dream;
To dream of an Opossum signifies a person or situation in your life where someone or something is being deceptive and not coming from a place of truth and integrity. Things are not what they appear to be so be on the look out for hidden agendas, self deception, deception, misunderstandings and half truths. Are you being dishonest with yourself?

Are you giving GW money?

Quote from here.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Thirsty Dog posted:

Indolent Bastard posted:

Always remember, you have a terrible hobby full of horrible people.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

chaos rhames posted:

Dude I don't give a gently caress about its sex. It's totally a non-issue. What I'm curious about is why here in the first place. I don't recall any opinion stated about any part of the game except for Kirbys dick.

Also did kek become some pseudo rally cry for gamer gate because I never really followed that and stopped playing wow in 2011 or so. Was curious if it was your trigger since you begged for it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The current agenda is to crash the Death Thread before HH comes out so that the 40k players poo poo posting here can have an uninterrupted celebratory circlejerk.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

Someone should start looking for things like that hidden in all the recent books

One of the senior artists for GW (Jes Goodwin, designer of the Mechanicum, Skitarii, Dark Eldar, Eldar and loads of other stuff) commented to me that he didn't like that artist's credits were removed from the recent books, and I presume that the more senior members of the writing team will tend to feel the same. The new Forge World catalog has no more artists mentioned, either, so you won't actually know who sculpted or designed what in the future. I think it'd be pretty easy to sculpt, design or write in a subtle 'gently caress you' for only that person to see, but the way everything seems to be done is a closed room of staff members that check and double-check each other's work, so it would have to be a very subtle message.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

krushgroove posted:

As much as I hate the possum picture thing, I'd rather see pages of that than whatever the hell has dominated the thread in the past couple of days.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The last few pages is why the 30k thread was gassed and by now you should be ready to admit it

LingcodKilla posted:

Dude I don't give a gently caress about its sex.

God loving drat, are you trying to be an embarrassing caricature or do you live it?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Thirsty Dog posted:

How much are you in for?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

One of the senior artists for GW (Jes Goodwin, designer of the Mechanicum, Skitarii, Dark Eldar, Eldar and loads of other stuff) commented to me that he didn't like that artist's credits were removed from the recent books, and I presume that the more senior members of the writing team will tend to feel the same. The new Forge World catalog has no more artists mentioned, either, so you won't actually know who sculpted or designed what in the future. I think it'd be pretty easy to sculpt, design or write in a subtle 'gently caress you' for only that person to see, but the way everything seems to be done is a closed room of staff members that check and double-check each other's work, so it would have to be a very subtle message.

GW sounds like the sort of office you'd set on fire over a stapler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

T.G. Xarbala posted:

How much are you in for?

$35 original Kickstarter that I can't be arsed to refund. The new(ish) Derek Smart thread is pretty much unreadable poo poo though. I skipped like 40 pages and it was still PAAAAARP and garbage.

(SC will fail and it's hilarious and will be even more hilarious, for the record)

• Locked thread