Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Chill la Chill posted:

It's almost like the same level of navel-gazing about "real roleplaying" while downplaying broken "exponential wizards, linear fighters" imbalances and other 'nardy behavior, hmmm.

These people are always amazing because invariably someone says "Oh, complainers are just internet losers who never play the game, and just complain on forums".

You know.

While not playing the game.

And complaining on a forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I think one of the main reasons for the disconnect is that many marine players (i.e, 50+% of the community) hear tyranid and ork players complaining, then when they get a new codex they lose some little thing like extra melee weapons on tac marines and they think they understand hardship. "guys sometimes stuff has to get nerfed for balance", they say, not cognizant enough of things like 'the differences between gaunt weapons' and 'what hormagaunts need to be doing on the table' to understand just how badly other people are being hurt.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Nov 5, 2015

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A friend of mine was the child of two national-champion-level fencers. They were nice. He was sane.

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe
I dunno why, but this new stupid "reward" club really binds.

I buy a lot of motorcycle parts, so I J&P cycles a lot. they have never lost or screwed up an order, and you can call their technicians and they will help you through any stupid issues you run into, and are great for helping you fit universal parts.

They have a "gold club" membership. Its 40 bucks, and worth every penny. It gives you a flat 10% off in the online store, and free shipping on any order over 100 bucks. (which is a big deal when ordering heavy parts.)

On top of that, they send you the current parts and sales catalogs for the type of bike you order parts for every quarter, along with free swag like stickers, patches, and the occasional shirt. Hell, I've even had reps contact me about how the project is coming along when I get a bunch of parts at once. on top of that there is some "point" system where you earn store credit, and you get 15 bucks credit for joining the fist time. (annual renewals are only 30 bucks.)

For someone who just rides and just needs the occasional part I'm sure its not a good deal. but if bikes are your "hobby," J&P cycles has a customer rewards program that, I dunno, REWARDS their customers! I buy from them first and only go elsewhere when they don't have what I need.

Because of their top notch service and how they treat their customers I always suggest them to other riders, and I never feel like I'm being taken. I spend far, FAR more money on my bike hobby then I ever could on GW, and yet I have a greater dislike for GW as a company as a whole and feel a lot more guilty when I buy GW poo poo. Hell, I bought my last army from Icon of Sin, and I haven't bought used models in AGES before AoS.

really GW?!? I spend 400 bucks and get a lovely pair of dice? or a LAPEL PIN like they used to give away? OOH! I choose the lovely shirt that has no artistic design what so ever, nothing like the shirts the had back in the day.

Can you imagine if GW had a rewards program like I described? free swag, 10% off, free shipping over 100 bucks, 15 dollar store credit when signing up, extra store credit for buying a lot of poo poo, and a way to call them if you were having a problem?

I should quit gettin' mad at table-top games.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

goatface posted:

A friend of mine was the child of two national-champion-level fencers. They were nice. He was sane.

Yeah some of the people who graduated have already gotten married (and still are) but the incestuous nature of a lot of relationships that form, cuz of the limited/desperate dating pool from some of the members, leads to a ton of drama. Apparently, says a grad student who still attends, it explodes in pent-up frustration and causes fallout every 4-5 years so almost everyone gets to experience one.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
It is the most GW thing that their new promotion already has a RAW vs RAI argument going.

E: Sorry, bromotion

Sir Teabag fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 5, 2015

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Zark the Damned posted:

A commenter on Bols noticed a thing with the die.

The Tzeentch symbol replaces the 1 side. That means it's opposite the 7 side. 7 is Nurgle's sacred number. Tzeentch opposes Nurgle.

Well played GW. :3:

I wonder how much these will be going for on eBay later...

What? Naw, it is clearly 2-7 with the tzeentch symbol being the 6! Only, isn't tzeentch number 9? So 2-5, 7, 9? But 6 is an ubside down 9. HMM.

Can we have an FAQ for the die?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chill la Chill posted:

Yeah some of the people who graduated have already gotten married (and still are) but the incestuous nature of a lot of relationships that form, cuz of the limited/desperate dating pool from some of the members, leads to a ton of drama. Apparently, says a grad student who still attends, it explodes in pent-up frustration and causes fallout every 4-5 years so almost everyone gets to experience one.

Pretty much every university group does that cycle. Drama builds for a few years, explodes, then the people at the centre leave, it all settles down and tension can start building again.

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
Cornelius Agrippa was also a 15th-century wizard who wrote a central text of magical theory :science: but spent most of his life being dicked around by various noble courts who just wanted to laugh at him and promise him a living wage but never give it. Poor guy.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LordAba posted:

What? Naw, it is clearly 2-7 with the tzeentch symbol being the 6! Only, isn't tzeentch number 9? So 2-5, 7, 9? But 6 is an ubside down 9. HMM.

Can we have an FAQ for the die?

Looking at the pictures, and assuming they're reliable and not just photoshopped nonsense, we can see 2,3,4,7 and tzeentch. 3 and 4 seem to be opposing, so it would make sense for the side opposite the 2 to be a 5 and the tzeentch symbol to equal zero and keep the die balanced.

It's a 0,2,3,4,5,7 die.

goatface fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Nov 5, 2015

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

goatface posted:

Looking at the pictures, and assuming they're reliable and not just photoshopped nonsense, we can see 2,3,4,7 and tzeentch. 3 and 4 seem to be opposing, so it would make sense for the side opposite the 2 to be a 5 and the tzeentch symbol to equal zero and keep the die balanced.

It's a 0,2,3,4,5,7 dice.

Finally - a way to fail a 1+ armour save.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Ignite Memories posted:

Probably for the best, I can't imagine most relationships benefitting from an environment where the two participants are encouraged to jab each other hard enough to leave welts.
Oddly enough, I am v good friends with fellow boxers. But that leaves bruises instead.

Sir Teabag posted:

It is the most GW thing that their new promotion already has a RAW vs RAI argument going.

E: Sorry, bromotion
:eyepop: Imagine buying all that, a PS4+games' worth of stuff, only to be told they didn't have a shirt your size. No, you can't have 3 dice instead.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Chill la Chill posted:

Oddly enough, I am v good friends with fellow boxers. But that leaves bruises instead.

:eyepop: Imagine buying all that, a PS4+games' worth of stuff, only to be told they didn't have a shirt your size. No, you can't have 3 dice instead.

Come on, GW may not do market research but you have to assume they know enough to print up a ton of 3XL's

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

Bandai is making a lot of Grazes. Graze, Graze Kai, Schwalbe Graze, and now Gaelio's Schwalbe Graze! That's four Grazes, and the show isn't even over yet! Pretty big change from how they handled Renconguista in G, where they didn't even make a goddamn Recten, or Gaitrash

Let's not forget the most important part, the guts:

Which means their pieces are interchangeable, snap-fit (no glue required), for easy kitbashing.

Like so:

(That's not even a "Graze" model it's mixed with)

And these things cost like $10 per model ($7 for the cheapest).

Too bad there's not a game system for them (a little too large for that to work, unless it's like... squad based?).

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 5, 2015

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Phildo posted:

I remember the Skullz promo they had. That was cool.
Getting a 7sided dice after 150squid is not cool.

I've still got the big green table mat I got with the Skullz from the Eldar army I collected as a kid ~4E.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Come on, GW may not do market research but you have to assume they know enough to print up a ton of 3XL's

A 3XL here in the UK still isn't as big as what you'd get in the US. I feel like they'd make them "normal" fat person size and americans will be really mad.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Pimpmust posted:

And these things cost like $10 per model ($7 for the cheapest).
Are these on anime export? Searching 'Graze' gives me some sold out $17 USD thingie, but I have a preorder for some MPs next year that I could grab a couple of these with since what the hey they sound neat and I'm shipping crap anyway...

malal posted:

Can you imagine if GW had a rewards program like I described? free swag, 10% off, free shipping over 100 bucks, 15 dollar store credit when signing up, extra store credit for buying a lot of poo poo, and a way to call them if you were having a problem?
The weird thing is I've heard their customer service, which is the most expensive part, is quite good? The other stuff is largely a drop in the bucket and just leads to the customer happily spending more. The oft lost part of this thread is just stepping back and thinking about how insultingly surreal their decisions are.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Taear posted:

A 3XL here in the UK still isn't as big as what you'd get in the US. I feel like they'd make them "normal" fat person size and americans will be really mad.

Yeah, was about to say that if it's anything like other international sizing, some of the grogs I know would be lucky to fit in a 4xl.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

so i stopped reading when the idiot got triggered by the word triggered and now there's a GW rewards program that features unusable die and t-shirts that won't fit a large chunk of GW's market

what a fantastic time to be alive

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Business Gorillas posted:

so i stopped reading when the idiot got triggered by the word triggered and now there's a GW rewards program that features unusable die and t-shirts that won't fit a large chunk of GW's market

what a fantastic time to be alive

Dude, idiot is a medical condition and should not be used lightly you moron.

J/K

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Arivia posted:

Because people not leashed to Tom Kirby's dick actually care about game design.

:eyepop:

man that's probably someone's kind and yet you are using it as a pejorative

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

Dude, idiot is a medical condition and should not be used lightly you moron.

J/K

Please only use the term "nincompoop", anything else is problematic to me because it's not as funny sounding as nincompoop.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
nincompoop is actually extremely problematic because i have a condition where i can only have small poops. nincompoop is very close to micropoop and furthermore

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

please, folks, take your bad thread posting back to the bad thread where it belongs, this thread is only for high-quality posting ...

and microcephalic demi-scrunt (or scrunt-ogre - giant body, regular size head?) inquisitors

e: on second glance he's not quite repulsive enough. but there's definitely something of the abhuman about him ...

WINNERSH TRIANGLE fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 6, 2015

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
++ 0.05% SCRUNT DETECTED ++

++ RECOMMENDED ACTION: PURGE ++

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Recoome posted:

:eyepop:

man that's probably someone's kind and yet you are using it as a pejorative

gently caress off, you idiot.

Also congratulations to whoever did <---that, I am feeling completely owned now.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

We are very accepting here. If that's your jam then rock on you crazy slave.

What do actually play?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I think getting angry enough to drop :10bux: on someone's av is cool and not an admission of defeat.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I don't think anyone is actually angry about this. Some people just have oodles of money to burn.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Hams are here to burn money in little pits and buy good Games Workshop products, and well...

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Arivia posted:

gently caress off, you idiot.

Also congratulations to whoever did <---that, I am feeling completely owned now.

Somebody made a joke about this early, but it's an actual serious thing, don't use the word idiot. In some sates and the UK people who are declared an "idiot" are literally not allowed to vote. I'm really hoping you're just ignorant, and not actively using a hurtful, outdated term just to "burn" some internet stranger.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I know about the burning money thing, I'm just saying.

Buying a red-text av is SA's very own Godwin's Law, and lol if people who get them don't wear them as badges. I mean, some people still wear their Star Citizen redtexts and that's also a money -> dumpster fire situation.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

boom boom boom posted:

Somebody made a joke about this early, but it's an actual serious thing, don't use the word idiot. In some sates and the UK people who are declared an "idiot" are literally not allowed to vote. I'm really hoping you're just ignorant, and not actively using a hurtful, outdated term just to "burn" some internet stranger.

I totally did my google research when I got all sensitive about "idiot". Otherwise the joke would not have worked.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I am a horrendously lovely white noise poster and I've never got red text. I'm disappointed.

Also, its a lot funnier watching all the goons run in tripping over themselves at the merest mention of a SKELETON WARRIOR. Arivia > 30k

Actually, maybe skeleton warrior isn't the appropriate term anymore. I think the preferred term now is Deathrattlers or Boneborn Skelevanquishers.

Edit: Spectresworn Justicars

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

I don't think anyone is actually angry about this. Some people just have oodles of money to burn.

Like GTR, people have been swarming this and the 40k thread over the last couple days to go "no we're not one of those SJWs." A lot of people are definitely upset.

@boom boom boom: Unlike the concept of triggers, idiot is a deprecated term quickly becoming obsolete because it represents outdated ideas about disabled people. Bye!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
red text avs are a pretty weak own tbh, Arivia is self-owning pretty well

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Arivia posted:

Like GTR, people have been swarming this and the 40k thread over the last couple days to go "no we're not one of those SJWs." A lot of people are definitely upset.

@boom boom boom: Unlike the concept of triggers, idiot is a deprecated term quickly becoming obsolete because it represents outdated ideas about disabled people. Bye!

Oh, it's up to you to decide what terms aren't offensive anymore? The N word is obsolete because it represents outdated ideas about black people, you're gonna start using the N word as a causal insult now?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Tensions are so high in this thread it feels like everyone is on a hair trigger!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Trigger discipline, Inquisitor...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So, how about that Metal Gear Solid?

• Locked thread