Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

VikingSkull posted:

Humpy, a 20 year old with 100 short track wins already has a development contract

lol, jesus christ, if he thinks that's the average driver what does he consider exceptional

loving retard
That's all we're going to pick out from that?

With that being said, having a K&N spec car that costs 30,000 makes superlatemodels that run 50-60k look really stupid....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Boomer The Cannon posted:

That's all we're going to pick out from that?

With that being said, having a K&N spec car that costs 30,000 makes superlatemodels that run 50-60k look really stupid....

That's because Superlatemodels are really stupid.

Harry J
Nov 8, 2004

LS-WHAT???!!!!????!!!!
Everything is bad and/or stupid.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Harry J posted:

Everything is bad and/or stupid.

New thread title please.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I really need to make the new thread at some point. Probably this weekend.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Peanut President posted:

That's because Superlatemodels are really stupid.

Howso? I'm curious.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Howso? I'm curious.

There's no real story or anything. They're ugly as hell and are worthless as a template/series/division/whatever.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Five drivers who deserve a new/better ride:

http://t.co/51vSCybwsB

Scott Speed gets a vote of support from someone. :lol:

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I agree with Landon, Hornish, and Wise.

I like Gluck but he can GTFO with the Ragan and Speed suggestions. Ragan is about 17 points behind his teammate in points fwiw.

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.
Hornish and Wise for sure. No love for Scott Speed?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

AirborneSpore posted:

Hornish and Wise for sure. No love for Scott Speed?

Speed has personality going for him, but I just don't see that must-win attitude in him. I remember when he and Stenhouse clashed in the '08 ARCA finale and it cost him the championship his response was basically "Well, it's just ARCA."

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Bhester posted:

Speed has personality going for him, but I just don't see that must-win attitude in him. I remember when he and Stenhouse clashed in the '08 ARCA finale and it cost him the championship his response was basically "Well, it's just ARCA."

"Arrogant prick" is the attitude I've always seen out of him. He/his car was/were dogshit in Indy 500 qualifying a couple years ago, so they brought Patrick Carpentier to shake down the car. He crashed and got his bell rung.

Speed was asked if he'd heard from Carpentier, responding "Nope. Not even an apology."

He was also fired by Red Bull because he was A Bad Driver, and said he was "Hella disappointed" at the way things were handled even though he was Bad.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

CBJSprague24 posted:

"Arrogant prick" is the attitude I've always seen out of him. He/his car was/were dogshit in Indy 500 qualifying a couple years ago, so they brought Patrick Carpentier to shake down the car. He crashed and got his bell rung.

Speed was asked if he'd heard from Carpentier, responding "Nope. Not even an apology."

Whoa, I remember Carpentier getting in Speed's Indycar and crashing but I hadn't heard that second part.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Yeah that was when everyone went "oh, he's a dick" and turned on Scott Speed.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I take great joy in Scott Speed's absolute failure.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Waste of a great name imo

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

CactusWeasle posted:

I take great joy in Scott Speed's absolute failure.

He's actually doing okay in GRC.

Won a few weeks back in fact.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

kidcoelacanth posted:

Waste of a great name imo

meh, it's no Lake Speed

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

FuzzySkinner posted:

He's actually doing okay in GRC.

Won a few weeks back in fact.

F1 > GRC. Truly he has made it :allears:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
GRC is a better and more entertaining form of motorsport, so yes

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
GRC is absolutely garbage, which is not to say anything about F1.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

GRC is the future of motorsports.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The future of motorsports is absolute garbage, so agreed.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Fag Boy Jim posted:

GRC is absolutely garbage, which is not to say anything about F1.

Do you have any decent opinions?

GRC and rally anything now does suck, but it is kinda decent to watch.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
GRC is like someone took literally everything appealing out of rallycross. It is also dangerous, due to the gap jumps which gives it my favorite combination in all motorsport: Boring/Dangerous, which I guess makes it like Indycar with the old Dallara kites.

World Rallycross, on the other hand, is actually really cool, because it actually resembles rallycross.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
World RX = actual rallycross

GRC = Americanised horseshit.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CactusWeasle posted:

World RX = actual rallycross

GRC = Americanised horseshit.

Just like how WTCC is euronized nascar horseshit?

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o

Peanut President posted:

Nah, the euronized nascar horseshit is the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series, which has such revelations as:

http://www.nascarwheleneuroseries.com/2014/05/16/tours-speedway-ready-to-make-history-again-with-second-banking/

Banking!

Whenever I've seen the Whelen on TV, they're always been racing around bollards in a car park.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

Peanut President posted:

DTM is euronized horeshit, WTCC is just horseshit.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
So now we know who the euro nascar posters are since they rushed to the defense of their fatherland.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Europe is the greatest country in the world :colbert:

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o

CactusWeasle posted:

Europe is the greatest country in the world :colbert:

I concur.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

ellspurs posted:

Nah, the euronized nascar horseshit is the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series, which has such revelations as:

http://www.nascarwheleneuroseries.com/2014/05/16/tours-speedway-ready-to-make-history-again-with-second-banking/

Banking!

Whenever I've seen the Whelen on TV, they're always been racing around bollards in a car park.

Eddie Cheever's son races in that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
speaking of euro poo poo

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/nationwide/story/_/id/11043318/joe-gibbs-racing-lands-sunenergy1-sponsor-nationwide-team

Joe Gibbs is literally running a pay driver in Nationwide now. fantastic. the sport of NASCAR is in almost ridiculously good health

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Fag Boy Jim posted:

speaking of euro poo poo

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/nationwide/story/_/id/11043318/joe-gibbs-racing-lands-sunenergy1-sponsor-nationwide-team

Joe Gibbs is literally running a pay driver in Nationwide now. fantastic. the sport of NASCAR is in almost ridiculously good health

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-pzYbwd9D0

For reference this is Kenny Habul.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Peanut President posted:

So now we know who the euro nascar posters are since they rushed to the defense of their fatherland.

lmbo

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

In non-rallycross news, my three year old son just told me: "daddy when I become big, I wanna drive the m&m's race car"

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

anotherblownsave posted:

In non-rallycross news, my three year old son just told me: "daddy when I become big, I wanna drive the m&m's race car"

I said the same thing when I was three, only it was the "owl" car and my mom got mad.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Joe Nemechek qualified 6th for the truck race, yeah 27 car field but still that ownsownsowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Trucks on!

• Locked thread