Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Spiky Ooze posted:

Yep, but it's still far more crappy endings than satisfying ones.

The jury is almost always bitter and mitigating that is the toughest obstacle of the whole thing.

The jury has been pretty good for the last five or six seasons or so, at least in terms of voting for the person who deserves to win. Obviously there has been a bitter person or two each time but when was the last time someone in the finals got "robbed" of the jury vote? Maybe Coach, but in all accounts I read that the jury wanted to vote for him if he would just admit that he played a strategic game instead of going in about honor and integrity, and he blew the speech by not doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

King Burgundy posted:

Are there any ways to watch same day on the computer? AKA amazon/itunes or the like? Or are they all delayed a day? Last season I was stuck watching a day behind and I just want to double check that I'm not missing something obvious.

Depending on how late you're willing to stay awake, the CBS website is pretty good at putting them up not ling after it finishes airing on the west coast

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Shakugan posted:

I don't think this is the case. Go to a decent university, look at the doctoral students and pick people who seem relatively normal and likeable. You're essentially guaranteed to get a group of incredibly smart (and capable), but likeable people.

How many of those people are willing to go on Survivor, though?

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Adus posted:

Has throwing a challenge ever worked out in a tribe's favor?

In Africa after the tribe swap, Ethan and the other original Boran members threw a challenge to get rid of Silas since they knew he wasnt on their side and Lex/Tom were in their alliance on the other tribe and migjt be in danger.

That was the first time a challenge was ever thrown and the only time I can think of where it paid major dividends and helped the eventual winner in the end. In some other cases like Ozzy's Latino tribe throwing a challenge to get rid of Billy I dont think it really affected the decision maker one way or another in the end.

bbf2 fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 14, 2014

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

STAC Goat posted:

Ok, NOW I dislike Spencer. I didn't know any of that pre-show stuff but you make him sound like a way bigger douche than the show had me believe.

In all fairness a lot of the pre-show stuff is hard to judge a person by because at the point they're being interviewed they're still not assured of a spot on the show, so they're still trying to game the producers to some degree to show that they have an interesting personality with the potential to create conflict and be "a personality.". For example, for Big Brother 10 Dan Gheesling's pre show interviews painted him as an ultra conservative and everyone hated him pre-show because of that, and then later it was seen on the show and on his post show interviews that while he is indeed a Christian, he was actually a very tolerant and liberal one who had basically zero conflict with any of his gay housemates or anyone because they held a contrary religious or political opinion. Dan later admitted to playing up a certain stereotype in order to help him get cast. Considering that Spencer is a confirmed fan of RobHasAPodcast (on which Dan has appeared several times and explained his strategy and tips to help get casted) it is certainly probable that he was playing up certain steteotypes and his potential for starting controvery in orser to ensure that he was part of the final cast.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I actually didn't mind Nicaragua too much. The double quit was awful but other than that it had some funny and memorable characters and there was enough flipping around that it was hard to predict who would go home each week. You just need to accept the fact that none of these people did a good job playing Survivor (and the people with potential were voted out because of it) and enjoy the humor and unpredictability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Met posted:

Eh, gently caress it. I'll just do it.

Working on the thread now. Hopefully I'm not stepping on anyone's toes who started typing things up for it without mentioning it.

Feel free to suggest thread titles or OP content. I'll be picking out what I can out of the last couple pages of suggestions.

Survivor San Juan Del Sur: Better than riding the New York Subway

• Locked thread