Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Spencer and Lindsey are going to be such disasters, I love them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

GuavaMoment posted:

So I'm way behind here, but drat was Blood v. Water great! The terrible people all left immediately, the gameplay was interesting, and the person that clearly deserved to win actually won. That's happened like...twice ever in Survivor.
drat right.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Propaganda Machine posted:

Sophie pretty actively claimed that she and Albert decided to bring Coach along for strategic reasons, and nothing Coach did in South Pacific led me to believe they were wrong in doing so. Sophie's an unpopular winner, but she's far from the least popular winner I'm willing to defend.

Besides, she hated Jack & Jill :v:

Until I read this post I was 100% unaware that there's anyone who saw Sophie as an undeserving winner. Of course she was going to win that final three, she was the only choice.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

No Redemption.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

blue squares posted:

So it's two hours long, but it's two votes, right? We're not actually getting a double episode?

oh god I'm so excited

I'm under the impression that we're just getting two episodes one after the other, but I'm not 100%.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh I hate Spencer. You don't get to refer to yourself as a genius.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mercaptopropyl posted:

Why do we even need a HII anyway? Because without it someone like Russell can't get very far?

It makes good TV, and it keeps the post-merge game unpredictable - instead of getting a straight pagonging 90% of the tribe, the HII can be used as a wedge to give the minority a chance.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You can tell this guy is smart because he uses words like "asinine".

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Unmerciful posted:

... So she gets both? How do they get the shelter supplies and she also gets the idol clue? What was the point of the decision?

The decision was second bag of rice or clue. Morgan lied and said the decision was shelter or clue, and she chose shelter.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Thinking about day 39 on day 3 is dumb. Telling your tribe you're thinking about day 39 on day 3 is extremely dumb.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh god this is awful. Putting people on the spot like that is not going to work very well for Garrett.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Actually, J'Tia, that was your best moment :allears:.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"I couldn't let those women talk before tribal council, Jeff!"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

GuavaMoment posted:

Why is everyone on this show always so dumb? :(

A season of 20 Kim Spradlins and Earls wouldn't be super entertaining to watch.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Poque posted:

I got a phone call during the ep - can somebody explain what #spyshack was?

Tony built a conspicuous pile of leaves on the beach with the expectation that he'll be able to hide under it and listen to private conversations. Specifically Cliff's, for some reason.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Isn't that because people played it though? I thought played idols go back in but voted out idols don't, but I wasn't sure which is why I asked. I'm not sure if anyone that had an idol this early got voted out so fast before.

Voted out idols also get rehidden.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

that one guy posted:

That tweet from Spencer indicates his anger/frustration which to me implies he's gonna get screwed over because of them. Which is too bad. From the bio info in this thread he seemed like someone I would hate but I really grew to like him through the premiere.

In one of the preview videos Jeff made, he said "There's a zero point zero percent chance that Spencer will win this game", which is what I see Spencer's ire aimed at here.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

bbf2 posted:

How many of those people are willing to go on Survivor, though?

Yul, Sophie, John Fincher, Daveball, :swoon: Pete Yurkowski :swoon:. A lot of those people exist!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

The season divided by race wasn't the best idea but the positive about it was that there was an even racially playing field so none of this sort of "why did the nearly all white tribe have to vote out the only minority first?" stuff happened.

But that's exactly what ended up happening though? The Candice/Parv/Adam/Jonathan alliance systematically voted out all the non-white people until you were left with White People + Nate vs Ozzy/Yul/Becky/Sundra.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

More like "Survivor Gabowns" IMO.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Into: Woo (everything about it)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

I'm still amused that the Brains tribe is still together especially since they picked their buffs last. I'd almost accuse the producers of rigging it, but why would they?

There's a 25% chance that a three-person tribe would all end up in the same tribe after a random swap. It's fine.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

Oh I must have missed that and just remembered the final shots before they formed the new tribes when it showed Brawn, Beauty then Brains. Picking first does make it possible to rig it, but I don't think they actually did so.

How do you figure the order of the picking matters at all? The number of people on each tribe needs to be the same, they can't just stuff the basket with orange buffs at the last minute.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Gabon is great because it has so many ridiculous plot lines that have nothing to do with the actual game of Survivor, but they showcase the players' personalities and are fun and goofy. (Ace's disappearing accent! Charcus! The Kenny Matty bromance! Crystal, everything about her! The weird Sugar/Bob dad thing!) The actual game of Survivor is kind of meh in that season, but the cast more than made up for it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh come on woman, at least pretend to have a tummy ache.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I love Jeff's little :effort: "Survivors ready, go" :geno: moments.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

It's probably a clue to the Super Idol.

#superidol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Magna posted:

Alexis doesn't even look like she's been roughing it on an island for two weeks or however long it has been.

I'm about 90% sure that's because she just showed up on the island about two days ago.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh man I love Morgan's smug loving face.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

mancalamania posted:

I haven't listened to the podcast, but Garrett claiming that Kass made up her mind before Tribal is directly at odds with Kass's confessional minutes after Tribal where she stated she didn't decide until she got there. I assume Garrett didn't see that until after the podcast, which further shows that he is not particularly socially aware and somewhat deluded about what actually went down.

I think you might be remembering the confessional Kass made after choosing Spencer over J'Tia. I don't remember a confessional where she said she chose J'Tia over Garrett at TC.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Spencer don't you know that when you say "We're controlling the game" during the pre-credits teaser, Tribal goes bad for you :ohdear:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

blue squares posted:

"We go with the hard evidence. The evidence is: you voted for us. But my gut is that I don't trust you." Hard evidence, folks.

Being vote number 6 in a 6-1 vote is not very compelling evidence of loyalty!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Spencer is getting a heavy evictee edit tonight :(

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

If you're in the middle in a 5v5+1 split, and both groups think you're with them, then when you get to final 2, the jury of 9 is at minimum 5 people you betrayed!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"How you feelin', Woo?"
"WOO"

Moment of the season right there.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Trish for player of the season, man.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

sleepingbuddha posted:

I don't know why Kass flipped?

She was :qq:ing about her alliance liking Sarah more than they like her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Sorry, I meant vote splitting specifically to flush out the idol, which Cirie's move while brilliant was not really its intended goal.

Vote splitting to flush out an idol was first conceived of by a shaman in Cao Boi's dreams in Cook Islands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzbRmfOwIt8

• Locked thread