Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

HUMAN FISH posted:

Also let's get these over with:

I'm new to Survivor threads here. What exactly is going on in these gifs and how are they related to Survivor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

blue squares posted:

And it's right in the middle of camp. Because when people scheme, they do it there, not in the jungle or by the ocean.

Spiky Ooze posted:

Yeah it's literally on the back of the shelter. It's the best worst idea someone's had on Survivor in ages.

It would be a little easy to avoid if it was in the jungle or ocean. Plenty of scheming happens around the camp.

Didn't feel like watching through it again to find all the Morgan gifs, but I did get this one:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Professor Shark posted:

Ned Stark would be hilarious on Survivor.

#blindside

edit: wait, I can do better

Screwed it up a bit. I'm not so hot with making gifs.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Mar 5, 2014

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

mancalamania posted:

Really sad to see Brice go, he was the only interesting person on that tribe.

I don't know why everyone is saying the entirety of Beauty Tribe is uninteresting. LJ really impressed me this episode.

Robnoxious posted:

I think Kass will backflip on her all-girl alliance bid and Tasha will easily sway as well.

Kass was my pre-game vote to go far, but she's proven to be quite the wildcard who doesn't make decisions in her own interest.

No gifs from me this week. I'm sure the entirety of Morgan's screentime will be in gif format somewhere online. Nothing else was gif-worthy to me.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The water didn't go straight to J'Tia from Spencer. The second throw arguably loses far more water and there were a couple times where you could see Tasha get irate about J'Tia's absent-mindedness.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It's hard listening to J'Tia on her exit interview on RHAP. She has an inflated sense of her value.

"I'm not a weak player. I got two people voted out before me."
"I built the alliance."

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Every word she speaks gives me the impression she's a complete oval office. I'll admit I am biased. boobs

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Professor Shark posted:

What a charmer you are! :allears:

Everything she's done or said has been spiteful, a straight-up lie, or highschool drama bullshit. I get that it's a game that involves deceit, but because of the rest I find her to be rather contemptible.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
This is apparently a gif of Alexis twerking. No idea the source. It was a quick google search after hearing on RHAP that there was some video of it from a TV Guide special or something.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Even if Purple had 5 players and Tony saying "Final Five" included someone from Orange, why would anyone assume it could be anyone but the lone Former-Brawn tribe member? Still though, they had five people and he yelled, "Final Five". I don't understand what's to be confused about.

I think it's good Lindsay decided to quit for fear what she'd do. She may not admit that she escalated it and it wasn't all Trish, but she does have the good sense to recognize her own flaw to herself and making a decision to prevent further issues.

^ What the hell was that?

Sarah had a weird facial expression to the news. Made a gif of it:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
He's long gone now... unless they decide to do a season with players voted out within the first two days or some such. Can you imagine?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What are the production secrets to Survivor? Is there an explanation for how all the little things work to bring it all together?

I heard on RHAP that Tribal Council is not within walking distance of the camps. What's to stop a contestant from going to the other camp... or too far out for whatever reason? If the Camera Men don't catch something important, do they ever stage it with the players? How come there isn't a lot more rule bending in challenges? It seems like there is plenty of room for it. What do the Jury members do all day while waiting for FTC? Do they interact and discuss what they plan on doing? How do some players always manage to look pretty after spending weeks on an island? Are they dolling them up? What about their clothes, are those changed out and cleaned because they manage to stay pristine as well.

There are many more little things I wonder when watching the game, but that's just what I have off the top of my head.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 9, 2014

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Opened up the Laura and Ciera interview about merges on RHAP. Right out of the gate they're praising themselves on how much better their season was and blah blah blah. I don't really care to hear them talk about themselves. Anyone who actually listened to it know if I'm missing anything worth hearing?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
This week has been busy and I haven't been able to watch the "Sophie Clarke on the Wisdom of Big Moves" on RHAP? Not sure if I want to sink 3 hours into it, either before tonight's episode or at all. Anyone who see it think it's worth listening to?

Zesty fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 23, 2014

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I didn't watch her season, so I don't hold her in any regard whatsoever.

I think I'll just skip this one based on your insights above. I appreciate it. :)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Me and my roommates decided to watch through Heroes vs Villains during this season. One of them said in the merge episode, "Russel is a lot like Tony. But what Tony lacks in being a rear end in a top hat, he makes up for in spyshacks."

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Propaganda Machine posted:

God, what a treat. The first episode of HvV gave me the biggest fangasm ever. The second biggest came after the merge when Amanda, Rupert, and Candice failed spectacularly.

And Parvati reading JT's letter :allears:

Just finished the Merge episode where Parvati gave Sandra and Jerri idols. Oh ho that was great. :allears:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Did anyone else notice that the production on this episode seemed really good? Good camera angles during conversations and tribal council, beautiful shots of the island, the segways of the underwater life.

Spatula City posted:

I really hope all five people team up to vote Tony out, and then Tony's single vote decides who goes home

Unlikely because they all saw his normal idol.

der juicen posted:

Hah, Kass's confused face. Beautiful.

Watching CBS's videos about last night's episode. Kass's Confessional

"I really want a brain gone. I want to break up our alliance. I've tried and tried and tried... Day 30, it's over... right? No chance of the Brains reuniting."

:allears:

Zesty fucked around with this message at 10:23 on May 2, 2014

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

It came from Twitter.

Edit Bonus: Don't feel like making 9 gifs work together, so here's a screenshot of this tumblr thing:

Zesty fucked around with this message at 11:53 on May 3, 2014

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Meinberg posted:

This season is definitely my favorite in a while. I tend to be opposed to returnees except in All-Stars, though BvW was pretty good.

ehhh. BvW was dominated by returnees and those returnees were dominated by the guy who played several times already.

I like the idea of having a Blood vs Water season with ALL new players.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What's with this final 2 talk? Hasn't it been something like ten seasons since they last did this?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Pinterest Mom posted:

We have two episodes and 5 castaways left. The finale always has two TCs before the final one. That makes a final 2.

And yes, the last final 2 was in Tocantins, season 18.

Finale is also on a Wednesday... and China and Philipines went into the final with only four people. I think it's a bit premature to assume they're changing it back.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

The Landstander posted:

I don't know if this is :goonsay: but the Samoa season still strikes me as more bitter jury than Russell being an rear end in a top hat. Erik was cheering on everything and then gave the dumbest speech at the last tribal.

Russell shouldn't have won HvV, Parvati should've. Sandra just happened to be IRL buds with everyone beforehand :colbert:

If you didn't win Survivor, then you shouldn't have won Survivor. It's your job to get to the end while being on the best terms with the jury. That's how it works. :rolleyes:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Rick posted:

Yeah I agree with this. The big injustice is Parvati's loving awesome play wasn't rewarded.

Second place consolation prize money?

I don't see how people don't get it's your job to win the jury over. You don't deserve anything.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Poque posted:

they were pretty cold to her. Contrasted to Tasha, who got a SUPER warm welcome, they weren't really that happy to see her. Plus she said something about how it was a relief to be out of the game and LJ/Jeremiah gave catty interviews about how they'd give anything to be back in.

She was great in her Ponderosa video. Very likable and fun to listen to. Where was that all game?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Aerox posted:

Woo falls out of a tree again but lands directly on Kass and they both get medivaced?

Considering we were specifically promised three tribal councils in the finale in one of the ads, this is unlikely.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Spatula City posted:

Spencer would get clowned in a season with better players, hence why he's a terrible choice to return for an all-stars season

Even so, having played a season, he is better for it and will likely do just as well as anyone else with returning players.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Piell posted:

Sarah and Morgan just loathe Kass, and I don't think anyone likes her. My impression of their feelings towards Tony is that he is the one controlling the game and that while he's playing against them, he's not the terrible human being that Kass is.

Them being the first two to Ponderosa will help steer the group think in their favor as well. Next person in only gets Kass hate talked around him. Next guy gets more of the same. So on and so forth.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Murmur Twin posted:

counterpoint: BvW Colton

"I'm so mad no one wants to have drama. I want to quit!"

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
How you feeling, Woo?

"Woo!"

Whoa. Sarah looks pregnant.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 21, 2014

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

GaussianCopula posted:

On good news is that Jeff confirmed on ew.com that they solved the water challenge problem and we will have them the next 2 seasons.

What water challenge problem?

Bigass Moth posted:

I wonder why Tasha voted for Woo? That made me think a lot less of her intelligence.

Bitterness, fell in with group think at Ponderosa, assumed very few were swayed by Spencer.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Metropolis posted:

Tony deciding to play on Woo's honour, which he had exhibited none of before, and it working, is just funny to me.

Not to the viewers anyway.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fenris13 posted:

I think that you guys who are expecting the loved ones not to be split up are batshit crazy. The whole element of how people react or shift their votes based on loved ones on the other tribe is 99% of what made BvW1 so successful. Doing something as simple as Survivor:teams of 2 would not have the same impact, and I think it is certainly to soon to deviate from the split up formula that worked before. A small change like an all new cast is all that is required for BvW2 to work so soon after the first one, assuming the cast doesn't suck.

Yeah, but we already saw that.

Now imagine an early game where someone at Tribal Council is scorned by watching their loved one near unanimously voted out in a blindside. Will they scramble? Align with other loners? Try to wiggle their way into a pairs alliance?

I want to watch pairs trying to survive together in the early game. It's a different way of playing on the same gimmick.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Finally got caught up RHAP. This was featured in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCI5FWSajJw

What does the Llama say?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Jedimastafez posted:

Spencer was so fun to watch - he showed so much emotion and kept his mouth shut when he needed to; also the best scrambler ever.

and by that you mean Tony, right? :colbert:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Yeah, I listened to this one a couple days ago. He must have been drinking through the whole thing because he is absolutely smashed by the end.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Watched through Redemption Island. I can't believe Ashley and Natalie couldn't make decisions in their own interest.

In the final five, they didn't go with Andrea's plan to take out Rob...

Ashley - "Andrea tried to throw me and Natalie under the bus and say neither of us made big moves this game. But it's funny because she's not here anymore and I am so I get the last laugh when all is said and done."

WHAT WAS YOUR GAME PLAN?! OH MY GOD. You went with SPITE instead of realizing who your biggest threat in the game was! She must have been too full of herself with winning the last two immunity challenges and somehow expected that momentum to carry... but even so, she would have had a better shot against Andrea than Rob.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Season 1 is weird.

That's not even a challenge. They're just doing this in their free time.

Edit: Ha. In the merger episode everyone was so offended that people would ally together for a strategic vote.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Aug 17, 2014

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
and there was hardly any strategic voting until after the merger. Everyone just voted for whoever they didn't personally like. Four or five people getting votes. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Why stop watching the show because the contestants are tweeting? :psyduck:

• Locked thread