Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Are there any ways to watch same day on the computer? AKA amazon/itunes or the like? Or are they all delayed a day? Last season I was stuck watching a day behind and I just want to double check that I'm not missing something obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

savinhill posted:

I don't blame Trish for looking for an alliance elsewhere at all. It was obvious she was the lowest member of Brawn and Lindsay made the decision extra easy by being openly hostile to her. For Tony it probably came down to what the bigger threat was: LJ, or the core of Cliff, Woo and Lindsay, who all seemed to be getting even tighter this episode.

Yeah, this for sure. I think Tony made absolutely the right move for his game. Woo/Lindsay/Cliff were super tight so he traded his 4th/5th position in the current alliance for a chance at better in the new one. Also, this should further cement his cred with Sarah come merge. (Although I really am rooting for her to see through his bullshit)

I'm sad to see Cliff go, but I'm pretty happy with how this will shift the dynamics and make things less predictable.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

savinhill posted:

Lindsay was real nasty to Trish from the get go, openly mocking her looks, personality, age, and even the way she talked/laughed, just real nasty poo poo to the point that it made it super easy for Sarah to believe Tony's lie about Lindsay talking poo poo about her too.

Trish did not start rubbing her victory in. She started saying something like "I just want to clear the air/say a couple of things" when Lindsay jumped down her throat, that's when Trish started arguing with her. Trish gloated some then and said she didn't like her but Lindsay came at her super hard with some really ugly, uncalled for poo poo. Trish may be super annoying but how anyone can take Lindsay's side in all this is beyond me.

This is what happened.

STAC Goat posted:

Not because she came back from Council and asked the blindsided person "Who do you have with you now?"

This is not what happened. As above, she came back and said she wanted to clear the air. Is it possible she would have been mean as part of that? Sure. But she didn't until Lindsay attacked her immediately. It is EXTREMELY common for the person who flips to explain themselves right after a blindside and MOST of the time the members of the tribe want to hear the reasons, hell, sometimes they demand them. This is all on Lindsay.

I don't care for Trish, but I REALLY didn't like Lindsay. She was doing the Mean Girl thing the whole season and I was happy to see her bitter quitter rear end leave.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I like Woo, but even I think this sets a weird precedent. I wonder where the line is.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Sure, in hindsight, we have already had incidents like someone stealing and ruining someone's shoes, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I just thought game related things, like the idol and idol clue were off limits. So to take it further, can someone pickpocket an idol clue off someone now? Is that allowed? Obviously physical violence like a mugging would be right out. ;)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Schmitty42 posted:

I think stealing the idol is off limits, but the clue is fair game. Remember the fight between Amanda and I think Danielle (with Colby literally in between them trying to watch a movie) over a clue during HvV?

Sure, but that felt more like it hadn't been firmly established as anyone's yet. Or maybe my memory is just cloudy on that.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

FYI, in case anyone is interested in the Survivor forum game that runs in the Game Room from time to time, season 5 sign-ups are live: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630188&pagenumber=1

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Met posted:

Bitterness, fell in with group think at Ponderosa, assumed very few were swayed by Spencer.

Huh, I keep seeing this, I guess I'm the only one that assumed Tasha voted for Woo out of pity? I thought she just felt bad that he wasn't going to get any votes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Met posted:

Why stop watching the show because the contestants are tweeting? :psyduck:

Yeah, that seems super duper dumb to me. I can only guess that for some reason they think Survivor is live and so it ruins their suspension of disbelief that the survivors are home and tweeting?

It's pure crazy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Uh, it's cause they were giving away show information through their tweets. Especially the ones where they addressed each other.

That is fair, but it isn't what was said:

"stopped watching after saw ontestants tweeting from home.. while show still on"

If they were complaining about what you are talking about and just aren't able to articulate, then cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Man, disappointing casting.

• Locked thread