Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I hope Alexis, Sarah, and Trish are the first three boots because jut reading their bios in the OP they seem like terrible people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

And a lot of the winners people tend to call weak are people who managed to dodge and evade all this luck and game play to get to the end and secure the votes. And that's literally the point of the game so it seems weird to call them undeserving or bad winners.

This is why Fabio is one of my favorite winners. He was such a complete non-factor and then suddenly at like final six or so the remaining players were like "oh poo poo we forgot about Fabio and everyone likes him more than us" and he ran the table from there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Lord Bude posted:

We don't know that there will be one. I don't recall seeing one since South Pacific.

I don't think they've done a recap episode in a while. I don't remember one, at least.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I always feel bad for people that get booted early because their tribe went with someone who was clearly terrible due to "well it's not me" mentality, only for the terrible person to get booted shortly after becuase their tribe realized that they're terrible. Would have loved to see what David could have done this season.

So because Garrett got voted out his idol doesn't go back into play, right?

Also: I wonder what the average IQ of the brains tribe is with him gone. Probbly up to about 150, right?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Teek posted:

It generally gets re-hidden this early in the game.

Isn't that because people played it though? I thought played idols go back in but voted out idols don't, but I wasn't sure which is why I asked. I'm not sure if anyone that had an idol this early got voted out so fast before.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I really hope Spencer manages to stay in the game for a long time so he can keep being a snarky rear end in a top hat in his confesionals and his reactions to people.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Before this week I was pretty convinced that the lawyer in Kass was just going for the "guaranteed" cash that she can get for third place instead of whatever it would be if she finished lower while trying to go for the million. Now though I'm pretty sure she's just delusional.

Still, I think they nailed it on the casting again this season. Just goes to show that when you hire fans instead of random people it makes for much better TV. There are probably five or six people from this season that I'd love to see on an All-Stars or Fans vs Faves season again.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wouldn't mind them doing an All-Star season for 30. Every five seasons I think would be enough time for either an all-star or FvF to build up a good enough cast of returnees that we'd all love to see.

e: the spoiler from that link on which way they seem to be leaning for s29 makes me happy.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ror posted:

I'm having trouble parsing those posts, the guy with the leaked info didn't say it but seemed to confirm another poster, are you talking about all-newbie Blood vs. Water? I really like that idea.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. I think a lot of people in the thread that season were talking about how much they would like to see the concept done without returning players that already knew a ton about each other, myself included, so I'm hoping it happens

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rarity posted:

Wait, Fabio wins? :lol:

It's incredible to watch and the thread was really fun the last few weeks.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rarity posted:

But they all suck at this game!

I'd tell you why but it'll be better for you to see it yourself.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Lord Bude posted:

(I'd also make them film somewhere that isn't another generic tropical island for a change)

I think they do this because it gets legit dangerous in a lot of landlocked areas in ways they can't control. Didn't one of the tribes in Tocantins have their entire water supply contaminated or something?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can someone link to past games? I'd like to know what I'm getting into before diving in headfirst :shobon:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Propaganda Machine posted:

Her rationale was literally that she didn't like Sarah, even after Tash attempted to mediate their differences (waa Tash is taking Sarah's side). That is a horrible reason to flip, especially right after the merge. I can't think of a single time that's gone well for the flipper.

My favorite part about this is when it came full circle and she said to her new alliance "You can't vote someone out just because they annoy you" with absolutely zero self recognition.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I have a feeling that Tony is going to somehow get Trish eliminated this week, setting Kaos Kass up as a swing vote again in the final five.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Occupation posted:

Nah, Coach completely lost his own game, I'm trying to think of the last time a player has self-destructed so thoroughly in the leadup to the end of the game when they should've easily won

It wouldn't have been an easy win (he probably still would have lost) but Russell torpedoing his alliance in HvV reduced his chances from "maybe" to "no chance in hell."

I think Woo winning would be terrible, as much as I like him. Fabio winning was awesome because nobody else left was likable or all that good at the game, but aside from Kass I think everyone else remaining is deserving.

Speaking of Kass, I'm not sure I've seen a more delusional and full of themself player on this game. I've seen higher on each scale separately, sure, but no combo like she has. I wonder if she just assumes she'll be able to win over the jury becuse she's a lawyer.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 8, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Trish has also played a pretty big part keeping the alliance together when Tony and Woo went off to vote out LJ without the women knowing about it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I haven't watched the show since since the season that Russel (went to the final two) was on. Are any of the seasons since then really good?

If you're talking about Russel Hantz, that was a final three. Nobody remembers Mick :smith:

(it's ok he's entirely forgettable)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hey guys! I'm spoilering this list because I specifically said it's non-winners and people might be watching those seasons!

*everyone else proceeds to openly talk about players on the list*

I like your list Poque and while there are players I would really like to see that meet your conditions I am having a hard time figuring out who I would take out to do so.

e: man, tocantins was such a good season, I might need to go back and rewatch it

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 9, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vernacular posted:

Some actual contenders for "dumbest and most terrible move in Survivor history":
-JT giving Russell his idol in HvV
-Erik giving away immunity and subsequently getting voted out in Micronesia
-The male tribe volunteering to go to TC in One World
-The four bros in said male tribe getting smug about their 4 person minority alliance in One World
-Ozzy volunteering to go to RI as a strategic move
-Any time a tribe has ever thrown a challenge

Kass' move isn't even in the same ballpark as these things.

Every time I see one of these lists I get really sad that nobody ever mentions Ian basically forfeiting a million dollars so Tom will be his friend again. Maybe it's becauase it's from a really old season but I don't think anything has ever topped that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shakugan posted:

Honestly, if even third place in the final tribal gets like $100k, I don't think deliberately making yourself a goat knowing there is absolutely no way you can actually win the million is that bad a strategy. It's probably the singular strategy with the highest expected value.

I said this exact thing a few weeks ago, specifically to do with the "hedge your bets by guaranteeing yourself six figures, even if you have almost zero chance at the million" strategy.

However, the last few weeks have made me back off on that being Kass's plan because she really thinks she's playing a winning game and it's hilarious.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shakugan posted:

Previously I didn't think the strategy was viable because I thought there was only prize money for the winner and runner-up. A final 3 where a deliberate goat comes third (and therefore doesn't get any money) obviously isn't workable. Before this week I'd never seen mention that the third place got any money.

Everyone gets money, even the first boot. I don't know if anyone has ever said how much it is though. I think I remember a contract being leaked once before but I may just be imagining it/confusing it with a different show.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sportsgenius86 posted:

Kass' strategy of trying to get Tony unhinged at Tribal is a sound one, the problem is that she's such an outright bitch in the process that she's actually making Tony more endearing because he's making fun of someone they all loathe so much.

It would actually work pretty well if it weren't for the fact that the jury all know her for what she is. If they only had tribal to go off it would make Tony look like an idiot instead of a hero.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wonder if this was planned or if they just called an audible after Lindsay quit because they didn't have any double eliminations planned.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Propaganda Machine posted:

I don't mind this. Rachel Will be adv early boot. I don't mind Brendan at all, and Elissa is actually fairly cool and savvy. I wouldn't be displeased to see either of them, even at the cost of I THOUGHT SURVIVOR WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN AND GOOD :byodood:

On one hand I agree with you on the other I don't want her on my TV anymore :saddowns:

BGrifter posted:

Not the first time this rumour has come up but...

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Move over Parvati, the real queen of reality game shows is coming to be the first two show winner.

*cue the laugh*

She might be a two show winner on sunday, and both Boston Rob and Amber already pulled off the two-fer :eng101:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Met posted:

She was great in her Ponderosa video. Very likable and fun to listen to. Where was that all game?

probably on the cutting room floor

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is there a site that streams survivor live? I've been watching on thursdays because I ditched cable (and am too lazy to buy a converter/antenna) but between my friends and the survivor game in the game room there's basically no way I can avoid spoilers until after work tomorrow, I think.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Genetic squares posted:

I think Spencer's little talk didn't matter at all. If you were thinking of voting Woo that condescending talk by Spencer would not sway you to vote Tony.

I actually kind of think Tony's response to Trish solidified any of the Jury still undecided to vote for him, because I'm not sure I've seen anyone own it like that before, and usually you can tell that's all the jury really wants as long as they aren't really bitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

So that means again it will be loved ones on opposite tribes instead of same

I don't think the BvW concept works if they don't start on separate tribes, honestly.

• Locked thread