Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Woo has no logical reason to win over anyone else besides Kass , and it's why a woo/Kass final two would be the worst ending to a great season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

A Woo/Kass F2 would be great. Kass wins, then comes back in a year on All-Stars in S30, even smugger than before. That's good TV.

e: Just imagine Kass' first confessional on season 30. It would go something like "I played a pretty dominant game in my last season, so yeah, people will see me as a threat."

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 15, 2014

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Woo has no logical reason to win over anyone else besides Kass , and it's why a woo/Kass final two would be the worst ending to a great season

i would still love this. Kass answers all her questions with angry insults and weirdly-justified reasons why her play was smart, Woo just smiles and stares vacantly, wondering what's going on

James315
Dec 17, 2006

315 [Mp 40] everyone

blue squares posted:

Since it seems we've given up on spoilering it (which is okay since it's so crucial to our final week of discussion) I'll share my thoughts: the one goddamn season where a final three would probably be better, and they go to F2.
From his latest interview with Dalton Ross, Jeff Probst says:

quote:

EW: Traditionally, the final 5 is the last time one can use a hidden immunity idol, although you made no such announcement to that effect. Does that mean Tony is indeed bluffing by making people think he can use his special idol at the final 4?

PROBST: ...[Y]es, the idol is only good until the final 5 and after that it has no value. So Tony is indeed bluffing. It’s a brilliant move that none of us anticipated.
The one thing a HII is not supposed to do is give you a free walk into the finals. There has to be at least one round of elimination where you can't use it. Tony basically broke the game by coming up with a way to "use" the HII to protect him at final 4, and walk into the finals. As Jeff says, they didn't plan for this. Although it's possible that they always intended to make this season have a final 2 (for the first time in like 10 seasons), from production's point of view, it would be a good compromise to let Tony tell his lie but switch to a final 2. That way, Tony still has to survive a tribal council without an idol. I don't think this is something they can say publicly, but it's not a difficult inference to make.

Predictions:

Final 4
Spencer wins immunity
Tony successfully bluffs immunity
Woo voted out

Final 3
Spencer wins immunity
Tony voted out

Final 2
Spencer wins jury vote 9-0

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

paperchaseguy posted:

No. No. NO.

on one hand that would be HORRIBLE. On the other hand, it would be fun watching her suffer.

eta:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZFyogPEYOE

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Oh thank God.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hey so

(~~wondrous~~ casting rumour for next season)

It seems like a lock that we're getting an all-newbie BvW season. And rumour has Queen Rachel Reilly making her Survivor debut, though it's not clear if she'd be with Brendon or Elissa.

I don't mind this. Rachel Will be adv early boot. I don't mind Brendan at all, and Elissa is actually fairly cool and savvy. I wouldn't be displeased to see either of them, even at the cost of I THOUGHT SURVIVOR WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN AND GOOD :byodood:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Bigass Moth posted:

Assuming we do end up with a final 2, can anyone make an argument for Woo to win except for being not-Kass? What has he done in the game aside from try (and fail) to steal Spencer's idol? He hasn't been particularly challenge-dominant or socially adept, at least from what we've been shown.

He played an honest game and was faithful to his alliance until the end. Thats pretty much the argument you make to win a bitter jury over.

Pinterest Mom posted:

This isn't even true! There have been 14 seasons with a final 2.

S1: Kelly wins final challenge, loses game
S2: Colby wins final challenge, loses game
S3: Kim wins final challenge, loses game
S4: Neleh wins final challenge, loses game
S5: Brian wins final challenge, wins game
S6: Jenna wins final challenge, wins game
S7: Lil wins final challenge, loses game
S8: Rob wins final challenge, loses game, ~finds love~
S9: Chris wins final challenge, wins game
S10: Tom wins final challenge, wins game
S11: Danni wins final challenge, wins game
S12: Danielle wins final challenge, loses game
S16: Amanda wins final challenge, loses game
S19: J.T. wins final challenge, wins game

The winner of the final immunity has won 6 times, lost 8 times.

The game has changed a lot since season18 (tocatins) and if you look at your list, you see that 4 of the 8 loses were in the first 4 seasons, where people still had to get a feeling for the game. I'd say that you can disregard season 8 because ~love~ trumps money and season12, where Aras had a deal with Danielle. Of course there will be situations where the winner of the challenge has 0 chance to win at the end because he/she would get the fewest votes regardless of who he/she sits next to. On the other Boston Rob could have lost Redemption Island to either Agent Phillip or Natalie, if the last challenge was something stupid.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

James315 posted:

Final 4
Spencer wins immunity
Tony successfully bluffs immunity
Woo voted out

I don't think this works, game it out:

Spencer is safe, he doesn't care about Tony's idol. He votes Tony.
Woo obviously isn't voting for himself, and is scared of Tony's idol. He votes Kass.
Tony wants Woo gone. He votes Woo.

Kass can now vote for either Woo or Tony. She thinks:
-If she votes for Tony and the idol is still good, it goes to a revote, where Spencer has to choose between eliminating Woo and Kass. Spencer obviously chooses to eliminate Woo, so Kass is still okay.
-If she votes for Tony and the idol is no longer good, then Tony is gone.
So she votes Tony.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Pinterest Mom posted:

It seems like a lock that we're getting an all-newbie BvW season. And rumour has Queen Rachel Reilly making her Survivor debut, though it's not clear if she'd be with Brendon or Elissa.

Not the first time this rumour has come up but...

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Move over Parvati, the real queen of reality game shows is coming to be the first two show winner.

*cue the laugh*

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Propaganda Machine posted:

I don't mind this. Rachel Will be adv early boot. I don't mind Brendan at all, and Elissa is actually fairly cool and savvy. I wouldn't be displeased to see either of them, even at the cost of I THOUGHT SURVIVOR WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN AND GOOD :byodood:

On one hand I agree with you on the other I don't want her on my TV anymore :saddowns:

BGrifter posted:

Not the first time this rumour has come up but...

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Move over Parvati, the real queen of reality game shows is coming to be the first two show winner.

*cue the laugh*

She might be a two show winner on sunday, and both Boston Rob and Amber already pulled off the two-fer :eng101:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

IcePhoenix posted:

She might be a two show winner on sunday, and both Boston Rob and Amber already pulled off the two-fer :eng101:

I don't count TAR personally, but point taken. Never could get into that show.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Bigass Moth posted:

Assuming we do end up with a final 2, can anyone make an argument for Woo to win except for being not-Kass?
No, he's got zero chance against anyone but Kass. Spencer/Tony is the only F2 that wouldn't be a foregone conclusion, really (probably Spencer, but it'd be an interesting final tribal to see what happens).

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Adus posted:

I can't be the only one who noticed we didn't have a loved one visit episode.

Budget keeps shrinking apparently.

I think I remember people walking to pondarosa this season sad that they didn't stay in it long enough for their mom to come out.

Did they have it planned and then changed it?

Faxman
Feb 27, 2009

Poque posted:

i would still love this. Kass answers all her questions with angry insults and weirdly-justified reasons why her play was smart, Woo just smiles and stares vacantly, wondering what's going on

"Woo, do you have any reasons why I should vote for you to win?"

"I do. .... "

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

What are YOUR reasons for voting for me

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

BGrifter posted:

I don't count TAR personally, but point taken. Never could get into that show.
Rob and Amber didn't win TAR anyway. Although they were one of the best teams at all times.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Good, I hate loved one visit episodes (just like I hate the walk of fallen heroes)

I hate it too, but the lack of it is more of a kind of worrying implication for the state of the show.

If they decided to just get rid of it because people hate it then that would be fine, but I have a feeling a large portion of the audience still thinks those episodes are sweet.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Adus posted:

I hate it too, but the lack of it is more of a kind of worrying implication for the state of the show.

If they decided to just get rid of it because people hate it then that would be fine, but I have a feeling a large portion of the audience still thinks those episodes are sweet.

Jeff loves it, which is really the important point.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

Pinterest Mom posted:

A Woo/Kass F2 would be great. Kass wins, then comes back in a year on All-Stars in S30, even smugger than before. That's good TV.

e: Just imagine Kass' first confessional on season 30. It would go something like "I played a pretty dominant game in my last season, so yeah, people will see me as a threat."

hahahaha oh my god that is exactly what Kass would say. Hell, she might even say that if when she loses in the finals.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

God I hope season 29 is an all-stars season just so I can hear Kass tell like Malcolm and Sophie and Cochran how she's a "real threat" and they should "watch out for her" on her first day on the beach

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Adus posted:

Don't, it still brings super solid ratings and even if it didn't, hour for hour it's one of the cheapest shows cbs makes

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I still wish they had announced this was an F2 at the beginning, but I'm glad to see it's still an option they're willing to revisit. It pretty drastically fucks up Spencer's chances, but I'm not too broken up about that. I am sad the odds of seeing Tony in front of the jury have gone down though.

Even the "undeserving" Kass/Woo F2 would be amazing television, particularly because I think she would be even more deluded that she could win. I think at least one of Kass or Tony are definitely going to be in the final two, which is all that matters to me at this point.

Also, these are good posts:

Faxman posted:

"Woo, do you have any reasons why I should vote for you to win?"

"I do. .... "

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

What are YOUR reasons for voting for me

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

xbilkis posted:

I still wish they had announced this was an F2 at the beginning, but I'm glad to see it's still an option they're willing to revisit. It pretty drastically fucks up Spencer's chances, but I'm not too broken up about that. I am sad the odds of seeing Tony in front of the jury have gone down though.

Even the "undeserving" Kass/Woo F2 would be amazing television, particularly because I think she would be even more deluded that she could win. I think at least one of Kass or Tony are definitely going to be in the final two, which is all that matters to me at this point.

Also, these are good posts:

I'm hoping Spencer doesn't make it to the final two just because I think he'd be the most boring in front of the jury. I also think he'd be one of the people to tear into Kass the worst if he was on the jury, which I'd really like to see.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

savinhill posted:

I'm hoping Spencer doesn't make it to the final two just because I think he'd be the most boring in front of the jury. I also think he'd be one of the people to tear into Kass the worst if he was on the jury, which I'd really like to see.

if he makes it to the final 2 with her, he is going to leave her with a pile of blood at her feet

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Ughh, another blood vs. water season?

That's very disappointing, even if it isn't returnees vs. newbies this time, which utterly destroyed any semblance of balance in the last blood vs. water season. I really hope they don't gently caress it up this time by splitting up the family pairs at first. Not only does this remove most family dynamics anyway, it leads to bullshit like "let's vote out this person because they have a partner left in the game", which is just incredibly boring strategically and can lead to interesting people getting eliminated for literally no fault of their own multiple times per game.

This season has been awesome and didn't really have much of a gimmick (I don't really think the initial tribe designations really count as a gimmick given that they were precast and then they realised they could just arrange them that way) aside from the super idol which has made the ending of the season shittier than it should have been. Jeff Probst knows gently caress all about what makes Survivor interesting. Hint: it's not stupid gimmicks.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Question: Let's say Jeff is somehow transported to a world where he isn't the host of Survivor (and so no one knows he's a host of Survivor; he starts off fresh with no preconceptions), and is on a season of Survivor. How well does he do?

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother
I generally don't read into the editing, but based on the editing so far I just don't see us ending up with a Kass/Woo F2.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Shakugan posted:

Question: Let's say Jeff is somehow transported to a world where he isn't the host of Survivor (and so no one knows he's a host of Survivor; he starts off fresh with no preconceptions), and is on a season of Survivor. How well does he do?

Early boot, lucky to make the merge. He's a good television producer, but he's continually shown a total lack of understanding what it takes to win Survivor.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Mercaptopropyl posted:

I generally don't read into the editing, but based on the editing so far I just don't see us ending up with a Kass/Woo F2.

My guess is that it will be Kass and Tony, and I will be very sad.

If Spencer somehow magically makes it, it suddenly arguably becomes the best season ever.

heybrother
Jan 4, 2013
What was the first season they did final 3? Fiji?

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

heybrother posted:

What was the first season they did final 3? Fiji?

Cook Islands I believe.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Propaganda Machine posted:

My guess is that it will be Kass and Tony, and I will be very sad.

If Spencer somehow magically makes it, it suddenly arguably becomes the best season ever.

Assuming the season doesn't fall apart in the end and we get one of the two credible winners left it's a contender for a top five spot. Will have to see how it holds up to a few rewatches to be sure.

I'm steeling myself for a Kass/Woo final two though. What a disastrous end to an excellent season that'd be.

heybrother
Jan 4, 2013

rafington posted:

Cook Islands I believe.

Ahh, I forgot Sundra existed for a hot minute.

Edit: was that done as a surprise?

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

heybrother posted:

I'd have to rewatch to be sure, but I remember it seeming like they knew. Other seasons, Micronesia in particular, they clearly did not know how many people would be at the final tribal. It's also notable that the idol was playable at 4 in Cook Islands, and that it seemed to be transferable, unlike the current version.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Also I think a major change that survivor should make to the idol is is make it playable up to the final tribal council of the season

My figuring is if you were clever enough to maintain control of an idol and never need to use it, either because someone flushes it or due to being targeted you deserve to get into FTC

Also it would make an interesting incentive to hold into idols that could seriously bite some people in the rear end, which is always fun to watch

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I wonder what it's like to be a Survivor camera man. It's got to have it's ups and downs. "Film Jefra sunbathing all day? Great!" "Ugh, I've got to follow Tony into the jungle so he can take a poo poo :( "

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Also I think a major change that survivor should make to the idol is is make it playable up to the final tribal council of the season

My figuring is if you were clever enough to maintain control of an idol and never need to use it, either because someone flushes it or due to being targeted you deserve to get into FTC

Also it would make an interesting incentive to hold into idols that could seriously bite some people in the rear end, which is always fun to watch

I would support this. Of course, this also means the number of idols has to be vastly reduced and a new one shouldn't pop into the game each time one is played.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Bigass Moth posted:

I wonder what it's like to be a Survivor camera man. It's got to have it's ups and downs. "Film Jefra sunbathing all day? Great!" "Ugh, I've got to follow Tony into the jungle so he can take a poo poo :( "

I can't even imagine the Jefra bit being all that great since the contestants are malnourished, unwashed, unshaven; covered in cuts, scrapes and bug-bites. Not to mention not having brushed and other neglected areas of hygiene.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

heybrother posted:

I'm pretty sure they were surprised by it. I have a vague memory of the final four reading tree mail and it telling them they'd proceed to their final immunity challenge and Yul saying something like "wait, it says final immunity challenge - so there's going to be three of us at final tribal"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
My prediction:

In the attempt to make the biggest move in Survivor history, Kass votes herself out #ChaosKass. During the reunion in the attempt to make it all about herself by she literally self-immolates.

• Locked thread