Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've always wondered how much stronger Trunks and Vegeta would be if they actually fought and brought themselves to the brink of death and back again in the time chamber instead of just doing their own thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Prison Warden posted:

Pretty sure that Kai doesn't have the driving lesson episode and that's a loving crime.
This is why Kai will always play second fiddle

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Petiso posted:

It's crazy (and kinda incoherent) how strong a mere human becomes after Gero's modifications, stronger than a base supersaiyan which overpowers Freeza who had a reputation even around the afterlife gods. If we assume 17 and 18 were just regular teenagers imagine how insanely strong people like Krillin or Ten would become after the same modifications.
Probably because power levels don't mean anything!

I liked Cell Saga until the Cell Games started.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Well she is supposed to be a teenager, they are not usually very overtly sexual.

Also it is a cartoon about people fighting and poo poo.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Have you ever met/been a teenager?
I meant in public

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
They wouldn't be able to find New Namek because the way they found it in the normal timeline was Goku searching got Dende's or other namekian energy. Future Trunks never met Dende or any namekian so he wouldn't know what to look for.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Fake Namek was the worst.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't mind Garlic Junior

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Deadzone training is brutal I imagine, helps that he is immortal for recovery time too I guess

Also I'd be happy to cut out the cell games entirely except perfect cell vs goku

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Solid episode! Great stuff as usual. I wonder what it's like to be so picky where you think about the decline (that I don't think exists) in quality.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Because if they were weaker than freiza and super Saiyans I'm sure that would work out great story wise.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blue Star posted:

Yes, that's exactly what I meant: that it would've been better if they had just beaten the androids in a single episode and that was it, and definitely not that I wish Toriyama had set up a different sort of villain or anything.
Seems like an anti climax

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

carry on then posted:

Yeah, but this series is just full of instances of someone not taking some initiative and using all their extreme power to end a fight immediately, they always hold back and toy with their opponent until they do something desperate like blow up a planet.
For the love of fighting is a big theme

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think Future Trunks is the most pragmatic and that's probably heavily influenced by having Bulma as a single mum and living under apocalypse type conditions.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What the gently caress are you guys talking about? Who is Luffy?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like how the dragonball wiki points out Vegeta's power level "strangely" went from 30,000 to 530,000 due to zenkai

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Great Sayiaman was embarrassing to watch.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yes, but it just makes me appreciate Thor more.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The entire show is imperfect but that's why I love it and also why DBZ: Abridged is the best verson.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Popo is the strange cousin

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It wasn't dying, it was a free ticket to otherworld.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This is my favorite part of DBZ:A right now, can't stop laughing

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't get why people try to figure out power levels, it's like trying to divide by 0.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It looks great, any idea on a release date?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Well that makes sense, Vegeta was a dick to 17 & 18

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There are only two states of Vegeta, dick Vegeta and moustache Vegeta

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Esroc posted:

No, I'm talking about the scenes depicting Cell's hunt for biomass and sucking up of random civilians. This wasn't shown as much in the manga but in the anime it helps to give Cell a creepy horror vibe and facilitates feelings of dislike for the character.

Also, here's a list of what I personally consider the worst filler. Just for the sake of balance. I'd like to point out that the amount of good filler far outweighs the bad.
    -Arlia
    -Princess Snake
    -Fake Namek
    -Extended Body-switch sub-arc
    -Bulma/Ginyu body-switch
    -Dende getting weird with Gohan before leaving for New Namek
    -Everything involving the Garlic Jr. Saga, especially Maron
    -King Cold being a pussy (he was more regal and badass in the manga)
    -Constant cuts to Goku lying in bed after his heart attack
    -Krillin's Destructo Disc failing against Cell
    -Everyone helping in the beam struggle against Cell (it had more narrative impact when it was only Vegeta)
    -Everything involving Videl trying to unmask Saiyaman
    -Dabura being weird in the afterlife
I agree with you those are all terrible (except I kind of liked the Garlic saga)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Not too many laughs in this one.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Oblivious posted:

That's probably gonna come up more and more. This stage of the Cell series isn't really laugh worthy.
hey it was still very well done and had some funny moments. Leagues above the anime in terms of quality.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Second form of Cell reminds me of a really dumb teenager.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That's a heck of an improvement, might actually check that out now.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Saiyan Saga ruled.

Edit: apart from Snake Way

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Australia is showing it on the 30th only, I have to travel 3 hours to see it and 3 hours back home. I'M DOING IT!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Going to see Battle of the Gods on the 30th, have to travel 3 hours there and back but my girlfriend and I are going to make a trip of it (even though she couldn't care less about DBZ, she enjoys DBZ:A though :shrug:)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it's 6 hours, but the movie won't be the only thing we are doing. Always have to take advantage of going into the city by going out to dinner and whatever else we can organize.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The rules have changed a bit for the better and and streamlined to make it less complicated.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just finished the latest episode of DBZ:A and I'm going to have to say

A. It was awesome

B. The fights work/feel SO MUCH better when they go that fast

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't have an issue with it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Vomiting up the pacifier made me think of Zorac from the Brak show and now I can't stop comparing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Muffinlord posted:

I'm also getting a strong SGC2C-era Zorak vibe from Cell. Glad it's not just me.
It's definitely not just you :hfive:

• Locked thread