Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I still think it's hilarious Goku's ultimate fate was to die of loving heart disease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I remember back on the internet in 2000-2002ish where it was very in vogue to trash Funimation and their voice direction and script writing. And to be fair, it wasn't great by any means. "Mondo cool" is still one of the worst things to come out of any character's mouths.

But it's a really cool feeling seeing how much they've improved over the years. How many times have they re-dubbed the Frieza Saga? By this point they all have the characters nailed, even if Chris Sabat is still literally half the cast.

What I'm saying is Funimation is cool and good.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I do not watch Super because I don't like listening to a protangist who's a hugeass muscular dude with the voice of an old lady.

When Funimation dubs it I'll be all over that poo poo.

Honestly I don't know why Masako Nozawa's Goku doesn't weird me out. It should for obvious reasons, but it seems oddly fitting to me.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Didn't the Ocean cast come back at one point and produce a completely separate English dub that only aired in Europe or something? I have a vague fever dream memory of that.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I remember being in 5th grade and reading about DBZ on the internet and seeing pics of Future Trunks and thinking "wow, it's going to be forever until we see this awesome looking dude".

It was still in the Radditz-Ginyu loop days, so you bet I was pretty jazzed when his dub VHSs were released.

I like Future Trunks.

(I literally thought we'd never see the Buu Saga in English at one point too.)

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

soscannonballs posted:

Android 19 was my favorite android, but that is mostly because I liked the Faulconer circus music that played when he was on screen.

Right on brother. I even went out of my way in middle school to find the Android 19 action figure. Still have it somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

zelah posted:

It's been 20 years of grandma Goku, right? I feel like people should have come to terms with it by now. It's fine. That's what Goku sounds like. It's fine.

It's been nearly 30 years, actually. I thought we all got over it by like, 1999 when the subbed versions became more readily available thanks to the internet and DVD releases.

• Locked thread