Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Namtab posted:

You've got it confused with SS3 Goku vs Buu. Goku knew he could probably beat Buu at that point but held back cause he wanted his kids to be able to save the earth.

That's something that I don't get. Vegeta is already dead after failing to kill Buu by unleashing everything that he had and Gohan got poo poo-stomped. Why would Goku think that the kids would be able to take Buu? I mean, maybe let them start on something smaller there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Mister Roboto posted:

http://kotaku.com/awesome-dad-anima...dium=Socialflow

"Robson Menezes dos Santos is definitely a "Father of the Year" candidate. He spent 6 months to create a Dragon Ball animation for his son's birthday, replacing Vegeta, Trunks and Gohan with himself and his 9-year-old son.

In the full clip—which is in Brazilian—he was also able to bring the original, Brazilian voice actors of Bulma and Goku round. They're basically saying "Happy Birthday" in portuguese to the kid in the first few minutes."

Watch the clip, it's great.

He is literally the coolest loving dad ever.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

crankdatbatman posted:

Wasn't Chi Chi transformed into an egg and stomped on or was that just the anime?

Regarding Lunch, was there a reason she was just written out of the story when Dragon Ball Z started? No one got the shaft as badly as she did, even Chaozu at least shows up now and then throughout the end.

Toriyama just forgot about her entirely.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

Are we allowed to talk about video games here?

I remember playing the Budokai Tenkaichi games in the past as a teen and loved it. So far the only game that really captured the fast, explosive and destructive fights in the series. I was really getting a hankering to play it again but it would require buying a PS2.

That said, I noticed there were sequels called Raging Blast for the PS3, and having checked out some videos, I gotta say, I'm not impressed. It looks like a cheap knockoff despite being a generation older.

So for those who have played: Is the Raging Blast series of games any good? Are there any DBZ games you would recommend?

Raging Blast is essentially a better version of Budokai Tenkaichi but with a roster that isn't as but it allows you to assign different supers to the characters (if they have them)

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Nf3 posted:

Also Tien's shoulders getting any bigger from training joke.

Because look at his loving shoulders?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Android 13's movie is the best because it is the low point of ALL of the Dragonball dubbing.

$30 haircut.

"Howdy, I'm Android 13. Look at my trucker hat!"

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Cardboard Box A posted:

And what did we learn about power levels...?

That they're a reliable form of measuring a persons fighting capacity?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

This bit was pretty flat and boring in the anime also. Only so much you can do when the source material has a boring stretch.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I also could have sworn that Piccolo fused with Kami after his run in with Cell. That's how I remembered it at least.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Shindragon posted:

Nope. He never ran into him. He was originally going to fuse with Kami to take out the droids.

Huh, my memory is failing me already at the age of 25.

ConanThe3rd posted:

No, it happened in that sequence. I remember seeing ghost kami yelling in pain when cell stabs his arm

BlitzBlast posted:

That was entirely filler so they just cut it out.

Okay, now I'm just confused.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I'm still a little disappointed that Remix didn't get to do Cell since I felt he rocked the Perfect Cell voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51bw1PXNRWo

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Thyrork posted:

Dont forget Pokemon and Digimon! :allears: ... Terrible times.

I guess there was Saturday night on the sci-fi channel, but some of that wasn't for young teens. Not at all nope. :stare:

It was like that in Australia for the most part oustide of one small thing. On Saturday nights around 1999/2000 SBS would show Bubblegum Crisis 2040 which was pretty neat to a nine/ten year old.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

SirDrone posted:

Don't forget Popo and Kami's magic carpet acid trip

Maybe that's where Team Fourstar got the joke of Popo chugging a gallon of LSD.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

At least Gohan is still better off than Yamcha.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Dark. But yeah, the universe just had it out for Yamcha.

e X posted:

Team Fourstar :allears:

Also, isn't he a world famous baseball player, or is this a fan thing? Because it seems somewhat unfair, he can still outperform every other human being on the planet without even trying.

He was a fairly successful baseball player.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jul 8, 2014

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The only problem with History of Trunks is that it's pretty dark so it would be kinda difficult to get humour out of it. I mean, if anyone can do it it's Team Fourstar but it'll still be tough.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

MastG posted:

Speaking of Yamcha, it still amazes me that he was so absolutely worthless through both DB and DBZ. I don't think he defeated a single opponent except for a handicapped child Goku and the invisible guy.

He couldn't even win a round in a tournament with a shitload of normal humans. I mean, Krillin got through to the next round and Tien got to at least have a decent showing against Trunks.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

Did they ever explain why your eyebrows disappear when you go SSJ3?

I believe it was intended to make them look like Neanderthals.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

BMB5150 posted:

Sweet we actually got something in July from TFS.

The DBZ Kai Abrigded Ep. 2

http://teamfourstar.com/video/tfs-dragonball-z-kai-abridged-parody-episode-1/

Oh my god, that Dodoria is a woman joke was somehow even better than the first one.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I know that it's probably taboo to speak of it but waht the gently caress was the deal with the final beam battle in Dragon Ball Evolution? I know they were trying to put a spin on how Goku killed King Piccolo but how did the kamehameha send Goku flying forwards when it should have been pushing him backwards?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

I watched Evolution fully knowing it would be bad, but I hoped it would at least be hilariously bad. Instead it's just a boring mess. I don't even remember the scene Testekill was talking about or much of anything at all, it just left no impression in my mind.

I only watched it last night with the Team Fourstar riff-track. Makes it a bit more bearable but so much of everything was almost insultingly stupid.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Tae posted:

Didn't the Kamehamaeha revive someone?

Yup. Used it like a defib unit and somehow didn't blow his lungs everywhere.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

I wonder why they didn't abuse it more. Blast in the guy, senzu bean, blast in the gut, senzu bean, blast in the gut, senzu bean etc.

Repeat until Goku can bench press God.

Only reason I can think of is diminishing returns.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Flytrap posted:

I just always assumed that meditating was how Namekians trained since their freaky psychic magic slugs.

It's not meditating, it's napping.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=981B0c6utO8

Starting to really enjoy the episode breakdowns by KaiserNeko. Just so many little details that he adds in or that he has to fix up from the original footage.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

SirDrone posted:

I totally dig the Ocean dub Zarbon went full on Australian, it's kinda sad TFS never touched on that and went with Zarbon always being a flamboyant :sparkles:. Cell's Ocean Voice is jarring as it's quite monotone at times which I guess goes with the perfect organic killing machine type.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3K8kn--v-M

He's surprisingly menacing sounding.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

So whereabouts would the movies fit on a timeline? Someone bought up them probably just being alternative universes where stuff went differently but even then I'm not sure where they would fall and how the events would come to pass.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

g0lbez posted:

honestly I don't quite understand since Tenkaichi literally was not a fighting game at all. I don't mean that in terms of "it was a bad fighting game" or anything, it literally was not a fighting game, it was more of a cinematic show with the occasional rock paper scissors QTE thrown in. What DBZ fighting games have Dimps handled before?

This looks more like Budokai Tenkaichi or Raging Blast.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

StrifeHira posted:

Some new Xenoverse information, from the facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/DBZ.videogames

:neckbeard:

I just pray that they don't gently caress it up somehow. This has a ton of potential.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Metal Loaf posted:

Question about something unrelated: there's this bit in the Freeza saga where Guru's going to send Nail to help out in the fight with the Ginyu Force; the bullshit status of power levels notwithstanding, how much use would he have been? He was established as the strongest fighter on Namek, but how did he measure up to Freeza's various minions?

I personally think that he'd have been about strong enough to take down someone like Dodoria or Cui. Coming up against Zarbon would have been like crashing into a flamboyant wall.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Just thought of how to make buy saga the best. The mystic transformation could only latch onto a persona. Cue The Great Sayaman getting it and fighting buu (and not jobbimg on him). All future defenders of the earth take up the mantle due to the immense power it grants, but only if you're as dorky when doing it.

Kinda reminds me of Akibaranger where the main characters were only picked to be heroes because they were just that delusional.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

setafd posted:

It's coming to the West???

Announcement would be in Japanese if it wasn't.
Also, oh my loving god I gotta to buy it if I can run it.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I think you mean the Goonyu Force.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Goontie You never said that it had to be a good one.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 25, 2014

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

"I love my dead gay son" is probably too old a reference to reach for, but I can hope.

Well, the guy that did that is the same guy that voices Kami so there's a chance that they could throw it in.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Nice guys who are secretly stone cold super soldiers are like a dime a dozen, they're just usually not main characters anymore.

Goku ripoffs are so popular because they very much fit the spirit of shonen. Since Goku practically defined it after all.

He said Kenshin, not Kenshiro.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

...Yes? We're talking about Rurouni Kenshin, right?

Kenshin was a probably gay samurai, he didn't make fools explode for a living.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

E: Holy poo poo Cell ripping off his own head to avoid Dabra's petrification attack.

Yeah, that was pretty loving metal.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

jivjov posted:

Which of this week's Xbox Live Gold discounted DBZ games should I get, Ultimate Tenkaichi, or Battle of Z?

Ultimate Tenkaichi is super lovely and boring. It's rock, paper, scissors the fighting game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Lord of Pie posted:

It's either that or Chi-Chi's doing both of their haircuts

I've honestly never noticed that before. Maybe Gohan just idolizes Yamcha or something.

• Locked thread