Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

onepixeljumpman posted:

Given a history family resemblance, I hope she looks just like Raditz.

She looks like Videl, turns out Mr. Satan has been a saiyan all along! Then we get to see SS3 Hercule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Ak Gara posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Trunks say that what ever he does when he goes back in time, won't have any effect on his timeline? What's the point then? His world is still gonna be hosed?

He does end up going back and, thanks to his crazy rear end powerup, ends up stomping the poo poo out of the Androids. So there's that.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Somewhat related: Goku pants.

from http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3615777

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Videl was pretty cool for what she did.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

You know, I've always wondered why and how they would genetically evolve the ability to become stronger after almost dying.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Mister Roboto posted:

As opposed to evolving the ability to generate 300 tonnes of ape mass?

Moon magic, obviously.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I can understand why Freeza would want to genocide the Namekians the same as he did the Sayians

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Just gently caress fuse already!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Cardboard Box A posted:

And what did we learn about power levels...?

Something something over nine thousand?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

The aot abridged was surprisingly bad, so I'm okay with this

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Schubalts posted:

I don't know how child anybody put up with the series being restarted every 10 episodes until the Android/Cell saga.

Truly a testament to how DBZ is the coolest series ever :colbert:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Prison Warden posted:

Yajirobe is a loving badass and straight up as strong as (maybe a little stronger than) Goku in the King Piccolo saga when he shows up. He just never, ever does anything. I mean I guess he trains with Kami a bit but I think he just ate some chicken wings all day.

Uh, Yajirobe took down Vegeta, so I think he's the real savior of the Earth.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

I found Bojack Unbound a bit mediocre because they spend 90% of it beating up the entire crew and then Gohan decimates them in a few seconds.

But this time is GOHAN

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

DBZ is not exactly a thinking man's animu.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I always assumed her arc had more to do with her being born broly level as stronk and having to deal with that rather than that she was a woman.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I just love how Raichi has tried to be a psychological puppet master the entire time. Dude rants about how evil and sadistic all Saiyans are, and then is completely blindsided by Vegeta being sadistic and evil.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Gohan also had that Dragon thing as a pet

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Hobo Siege posted:

Yesyesyesyesyes this is the best news ever. Toriyama's rambling about his editors again, so you just know it's gonna be even better than BoG!

Even his first editor liked it!

Coincidentally, I really do think that's a reason that Toriyama is still good. He never seems to have let fame get to his head and ditch the editors.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

furiouskoala posted:

So this story arc currently ongoing in Multiverse has some great illustration, huh? The Western comics style gives it a space opera feel in terms of the location building.

If every special was like this, I'd actually look forward to them.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

What's funny about swole guys doing dance :colbert:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Just thought of how to make buy saga the best. The mystic transformation could only latch onto a persona. Cue The Great Sayaman getting it and fighting buu (and not jobbimg on him). All future defenders of the earth take up the mantle due to the immense power it grants, but only if you're as dorky when doing it.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I wonder if Gotenks will manage to not goof off for long enough to beat Buu. Probably not.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Considering that buu has gohan absorbed and quite possibly vegetto probably not.

Oh I got buu confused with majin. Yeah gotenks is done

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

sharktamer posted:

Isn't Raichi gonna get stronger and stronger as the tourney goes on though? Although I suppose he's only ever going to be res'ing losers.

He'll get stomped by gast next round either way

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Reinanigans posted:

So what's the best/cheapest way to own all of the Dragon Ball manga? Amazon has a ton of options.

There's individual volumes, 3-in-1 editions, VizBIG editions and the colored editions.

The colored ones look amazing, but only start with Raditz, and seems to stop at Cell. Also, they seem pricey.

I'm thinking of asking for these for Christmas, but I'd like the price to be reasonable.

edit: Does Viz have the whole series on their online reader or something?

Double edit: All these releases seem to be censored? That sucks.

My friend has been buying up the colored version of Dragonball starting from #1. Then again, he's buying it somewhere locally in Spanish. So there should be DB Colored somewhere out there.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

This movie is going to be awesome.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

RZApublican posted:

This brings up the logical question, of course, of how literate Vegeta is. Did Freeza's empire have a good educational system?

I feel like a Prince, even in a hyper-aggressive space warrior society, would have a basic education.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Testekill posted:

Too many arms though.

That's Gohan's true hidden potential

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Do scouters double as sunglasses?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Hopefully Gohan gets the chance to do a squat pose at least once in this movie.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Gohan vs Dabura was only even because Gohan was goofing around a ton, right?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

So today the PS2 I bought off the Goodwill Auction site finally came in the mail, so after digging around for my games, controllers, and memory cards, and making sure the system worked(and the memory cards cause they haven't been used since 2010 or so), to test that it would play games properly I popped in Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and it worked like a charm(also seeing that game's magnificent roster again reminds me that we need one day a Dragon Ball game that has literally every character whose thrown a punch to be included)

How dare you exclude farmer with a shotgun

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Raxivace posted:

IIRC Budokai 2 had that dumb mission where as Vegeta you had to survive against Kid Buu for 60 seconds. Well I actually KILLED Kid Buu before that 60 seconds was up...and the game said I failed the mission for that. :psyduck:

It seems to reason that Vegeta would still be alive for the rest of that minute after killing Kid Buu, but apparently not.

You may have won the fight, but you inadvertently tanked the ratings by stealing gokus kill. The show ends before the epilogue can run.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Dragon Ball AU idea; every time an alien comes to Earth they bonk their head on something, gets amnesia, and become a good guy, and yes this makes makes a large chunk of Dragon Ball Z's events into a complete farce(inspired by several What If scenarios in various Dragon Ball video games where thus happens to Raditz and Broly)

Only if this occurs by increasingly improbable events (mecha Freeza comes and gets a virus while a tiny meteorite simultaneously conks Cold)

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Goku didn't want the recognition though. So everyone wins

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Now that Vegeta is just a surly dad, Freeza will be taking over the role of "frenemy". After all, Goku's most powerful technique is making friends :unsmith:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Blue Star posted:

It also would settle the issue of the androids being somehow stronger than a galactic overlord even though they were basically just teenagers uplifted with implants by an Earthling scientist. How can a human scientist just arbitrarily create cyborgs that are noticeably stronger than a legendary Super Saiyan or a super-powered alien warlord? Well, it turns out he can't, actually. Because as soon as the Super Saiyans begin earnestly training they get way stronger, and as soon as Freeza starts earnestly training he gets WAY the gently caress stronger.

16 was still way strong regardless, though. Granted, not a cyborg.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Just imagine what Frieza could do if he trained... in 500 times normal gravity

...in the hyperbolic time chamber!

They know that he broke in, but figured that it would be sporting to let him have the full year of training.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Wait, could Goten still have been born somehow in the Future timeline, or did Goku/Chichi die too early?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

TriffTshngo posted:

I think the short little flashback montage thing that happened when Trunks was telling Goku about what happened Vegeta had gone SSJ in that. Presumably he achieved it the same way, but with only Goku to torment his dreams until he managed it.

The image of ghost goku haunting Vegeta until he achieves SSJ is hilarious.

• Locked thread