Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Esroc posted:

Toriyama has made it pretty clear he's more or less over major transformations. Remember that God Goku is literally just Goku with red hair. Freeza's new form will be the same as his fourth, but with red orbs instead of purple.

God Goku is actually slimmer than regular Goku! :eng101:

I can see Freeza getting some big complex final final form and it ends up being his undoing, ending the film with a clear "transformations are dumb, you nerds" message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It hasn't actually happened yet but

Only Chaos doesn't grant wishes besides catastrophic floods.

Wasn't that Eggman's wish?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Well, Xenoverse helped me learn that Freeza had an alligator dude called Blueberry and a human-looking dude with an arm cannon called Raspberry. Can't wait to play as them.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

HGH posted:

Here's some new gameplay footage from Japanese version Xenoverse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVzzKwZ9P5w

It feels like something is odd with all the beams. Maybe the way they fizzle out.

The only thing i'm not liking here is how much light is bouncing on the character models, like ten lamps on them and they're made of oil.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

^That was the moment I truly connected with Gintoki.

I love Gintama, it does its stuff pretty well, but it's kinda tiresome reading it in bulk, so I usually just read a few chapters, then marathon them then get tired of it for a few months and repeat, one day i'll actually catch up.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I just noticed that Jaco the Space Patrolman is on this movie. Best DBZ movie ever.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

lol if you still believe in power levels after SSJ Vegeta fought better than SSJ3 Goku in the movie solely because he was motivated by love. These movies are literally Toriyama going "power levels and transformations are the dumbest things ever" and that's why they own

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

See this is why you acknowledge and work with your tiers. Justice League Unlimited did this well. So Goku and Vegeta are off fighting Majin Whis or whatever, but oh no! Cell has been reborn and is going to blow up Earth unless Piccolo, 18, and Krillin can stop him! Multiple simultaneous actions.

I 'unno man, part of why Bleach is garbage is that every somewhat big conflict involves every single dang character having their own full fight so it's just half a year of everyone getting to shine before Ichigo does the one fight that actually even matters.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

StrifeHira posted:

A legit, new anime? Post-Buu? Possibly connected to the movies? Possibly having Grunkle Piccolo scenes in it?! YES. :neckbeard:

Next time, on Dragon Ball Special, can Goku substitute for Piccolo to watch over Pan during Gohan and Videl's date night?! Stay tuned next week in: Hercules Dies! The terrible babysitter unleashed!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Nessus posted:

I want to hear more about the Broly guy being in a weird cult.

Same here, I'd lose my poo poo if it happens to be The Roma-Sophie Society

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Her going blonde in DBS was actually pretty nice, and yeah, the transformation was extremely grandiose. Like ridiculously so. I was astounded after the SSJ Clouds had a hole and the days and seasons passed and they started vibrating the same seven shots of the characters involved for, like, six minutes.

Still, can't deny it truly felt like a god was born.

loving amazing LOL at Goku going "Maybe Gohan's kid ain't pure of heart"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Namtab posted:

I can't wait for more use of the goku is a bad dad meme, even though it isn't actually true

Dragon Ball Super opens with Goku making Goten do his job and lets the child fall off a cliff as he eats.

Just a couple of months ago I decided to watch the first 'few' episodes of the Buu saga (ended up going all the way to the first few matches of the Martial Arts Tournament) and its got potential for sure. Goku, for example, talks to everyone via Kai when the tournament is brought up. He clearly is able to do this whenever he pleases, yet waited several years and only did it because fighting could happen. The deal with the witch lady also seemed to have been set up beforehand (as in, he knew he could ask for it and she'd be cool) and, again, he waited for years because he didn't feel like visiting his friends and family unless fighting could happen. There's some good poo poo there.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 7, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Wasn't the year he was lost in space also his own choice? Like, even in the original there Shenron said he couldn't bring Goku back because Goku didn't wanna be back yet.

Mogomra posted:

How could Goku be a bad dad? He loving came back from the dead to meet his son for the first time.

No, he came back from the dead to compete in a martial arts tournament and his son just so happened to be there. Good Dad material would be coming back to witness the birth of his child, or always keeping watch over him and know he could turn Super Saiyan.

Goku being a bad dad isn't a bad thing, it's kinda vital for the movies arc, he's learning to finally grow up and be a good person that doesn't have his head up his fighting rear end so he can finally be the character we see in the end of Dragon Ball: A Teacher.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jaco is there and gives Trunks a Space Ticket for illegal time travelling.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Covok posted:

Future Trunks meets Past Trunks. Sees him go Super Sayian. Becomes deeply, deeply confused and overcome with feelings of inadequacy as he mutters how this timeline is like a "super sayian bargain sale."

He first assumes that Gohan is already dead and falls to his knees, then Gohan goes up to him and tells him he's about the baby.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Love me some petty rear end in a top hat Goku throwing the forehead flick karate chop just to get even. As cool as the fight was in BoG i'm really into the choreography turning it into two children fight dirty in the playground of gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ak Gara posted:

Oh wait I remember now. It was loving GT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2464SNUsEPA&t=324s

That was loving insane.

• Locked thread