Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
OG Freeza's voice had that androgynous air to it. Like here's the universe's greatest threat and he sounds like a bored grandma (if he is even a He to begin with). I appreciated that he didn't sound like a booming threat.

But I also liked OG Vegeta's higher pitch, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

If Vegeta trained with Ronda for a year I don't think they'd let her compete in the UFC for much longer.

At the very least she'd have to be moved up to the top weight class.

Is it true? A level.... BEYOND ROWDY?!

:kingsley:
:goku::

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

New Leaf posted:

I can identify all but one. Who the gently caress is that between SSJ Goku and Great Saiyaman on the top row, in the white top?

I was going to say Videl, but why the gently caress is Rock Lee training with the Z-Warriors?!?

Also, if they're clamshell costumes (weighted clothes :v:) it's likely they came from, like, a Burger King kids meal or something.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
You have to figure there are a lot of writers and animators around that are old enough to have DBZ, Robotech and Sailor Moon be big influences.

Also, there's an entire generation that grew up watching a weird parallel universe where Krillin was a bad rear end mystical kung-fu -- no wait that's Shaolin Showdown

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 12, 2015

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Covok posted:

There was a sequel? What would it even be about?
True to the Scooby-Doo formula of torching franchises, they add a scrappy French lookalike to the Krillin knockoff.

And everyone gets super kung-fu artifacts

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ImpAtom posted:

Goku: Murders a peace-loving ginger, spares Space Hitler.
I kind of enjoyed how RoF kicked Goku upside the head with his stupid I'm Such a loving Nice Guy poo poo that drags out so many fights.

Though a lot of that movie feels like it was ghostwritten by the DBZ Abridged folks.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Tae posted:

I think it's been proven somewhere during the Buu Saga that SSJ3 is ultimately a waste unless you know you're going to win within like 10 minutes, like the Kaio-Ken where Goku can technically Super Saiyan+Kaoi-Ken, but the energy and negative side effects aren't worth it in the long run.
Um, actually I'm pretty sure that you can spend like a week in the Hyperboria Time Scambler and learn to use SSj3 at a level beyond ... as if it were an Ascended Enlightened SSj3 to minimize the RAM leak.

But yes, giant forehead hair boner neanderthal isn't too good a design. Thankfully Dragonball GT managed to make a form that was even more of an embarrassment.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Kelp Plankton posted:

I'm gonna need this image to be about 50% smaller and heavily JPEG artifacted if you expect me to recognize it
Don't forget dithered.

Needs to be dithered, too.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Hjalmar posted:

What a wonderful time we live in, that we have so many ways to get fresh Goku content. Why, back in my day, we had to wait 'til Goku was on the tee-vee and we liked it that way! And usually it wasn't even fresh!
Indeed. In my day, you had to run down Snake Road three times before you could get some new Gokus. And you didn't even get too many for your trouble!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Mogomra posted:

I specifically remember Vegeta flipping out and cussing the hell out of the baddie for messing up his house or something.
I used to really enjoy the Mexican/LatAm dub of Z because the characters were a little different.

US Android Saga Dub
Krillin: wow Piccolo, we sure are lucky you're on our side!
Piccolo: DON'T YOU GET IT WE NEED TO TRAIN HARDER BLARRGGHHG :flies off:

LatAm dub:
K:《Wow Piccolo, it's a good thing you're our friend or--》
P: 《I'M NOT YOUR FRIEND YOU IDIOT. I'M EVIL. THE ONLY REASON YOU'RE AROUND IS TO GET RID OF THEM SO THAT I CAN TAKE OVER THE WORLD :flies off:》

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 22, 2015

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Baal posted:

What I'm saying is Videl is actually the strongest character in the series since she seems to be some strength siphoning vampire.
Gohan bones Videl on the regular. Turns out manko is the true kryptonite to the Super Saya-jin!

Goku has no need for physical intimacy that does not involve fists and prolonged grunting.

Mogomra posted:

Legendary Super Saiyan God Super Golden Neon Blue Monkey Level 4
Heh... I guess you could call this form... DIVINE SAIYAN!
(scribbles out fanfic)

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

New Leaf posted:

If it had been someone entirely different with a normal adult voice like the English dub and they changed it suddenly to a 70 year old woman everyone would go insane.
The (Cloverway?) dub that basically only covers post-Recoome-to-exploded-Namek from the Freeza arc kind of does that to Goku, if I remember. All of a sudden he hit Super Saiyan and the dub voice became the most generic, whitewashed, boring white guy ever.

"I am the enemy of all evil" :geno:

I think DBZA even pokes fun of it for like half a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

HGH posted:

Super Fighting Saiyan! SaiyaMan!

FTFY

• Locked thread