Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I played the demo at GameStop last night at the 3ds/majora/monster hunter midnight release. It is rad as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Namekians should have been the speed race. Piccolo is all about speed.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

New Leaf posted:

If anyone planning to play on PC is on the fence about the game and wants to save some cash, hit this guy up: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700456

I used his services to buy the DLC this morning and got my Steam gift in minutes. Not one of those weird key gifting scams, read the thread.

I can vouch for this guy too. I wish I'd remembered him before pre-ordering the game and DLC, but whaddaya gonna do.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Cross-posting from the 13th Age thread. If any of you guys play the 13th Age tabletop RPG I've written some DBZ material for it.

Magic Items

Notable Human race, ala Krillin and Tien

Namek Race

Saiyan Race

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Prison Warden posted:

Human:

Is Alpha Wolf Battlecry the only way to get the Escalation die above 6?

I believe the Commander has a thing that bumps it up to d8, so you could theoretically get it up to d10 with this.

Prison Warden posted:

Namek

So, basically, when you go below half health, you heal back up until you are above half health again, but if you drop to staggered after that, you don't heal again, is that right?

That's correct.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Covok posted:

I worry a bit about the Sayian racial since, while rarely, it gives +12 to attack rolls which seems awfully high. Even before then, the bonus does get a little big, doesn't it? I also feel the Notable Human race may be a bit strong in comparison to the other races.

It's a big bonus but it makes combat much more high risk/high reward for the Saiyan player. Since they only get the bonus while staggered they'll be tempted to STAY staggered, but by doing so they run the risk of a couple good hits taking them out. I like dangling incentives for declining healing and living dangerously.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Obviously his character is a Super Saiyan God. :colbert:

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Cornwind Evil posted:

according to older data I recall that says you need at least a power level of 100,000 before you can trigger the Super Saiyan state

I don't think this is accurate, Goten goes Super Saiyan while sparring with Chi Chi and getting his rear end handed to him.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Doesn't he go Super while they try to channel power to Goku so he can go Super Saiyan God?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I don't think he ever said he was immune to normal ki. I know King Kai said that a mortal couldn't sense god ki, but that was pretty much it.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Second Coming of Broly would have been a lot better if Gohan had his mystic form. The movies and parts of the series where Goku isn't around to save everybody are the best.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

What's weirder is Pan is listed as being 9 in the Japanese version and 13 in the English version by some sources, which makes Determining Bulla's age even more fun. She's either 8, 10, 12, or 14 depending on which version you're watching.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Aren't they doing the Buu arc in Kai? Wouldn't they just have to do a different ending to ignore Uub and permanently put the nail in GT'S coffin?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You needed 6 super saiyins to make a Super Saiyin god and Pan apparently counted even though she was a fetus. Even if you ignore the SSJ requirement that baby is apparently still stronger than Tarble because Vegeta says he'd be too weak to help them with the ritual.

This is from a few pages back but there's so so much wrong in this post. It's never mentioned that SSJ is needed, just 6 saiyans of pure heart, and Vegeta only dismisses Tarble because he doesn't know where Tarble is or how long it would take to get him there.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Crossposting from the 13th Age thread, I made more DBZ races for the tabletop game 13th Age

Bio Androids
Frost Demons
Majin

This is in addition to Notable Humans, Saiyans, and Namekinas that I've already made.

Edit: Links fixed

-Fish- fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 15, 2015

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Fixed.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

If I were looking to indulge in Toriyama's work outside of Dragon Ball, what should I be reading/watching first?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Raxivace posted:

I don't know, I give Tien a hand for trying at least.

Kind of like how Tien gave Nappa a hand in their fight?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Everyone keeps talking about Beerus being immune to mortal ki but I don't remember this. When is this actually stated?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

So basically the rationale behind Beerus being immune to Mortal ki is that mortals can't sense god ki and Beerus shrugs off a ki attack like every other DBZ antagonist does at one point or another?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm not entirely sure how anyone can say God looks good. It makes Goku look anorexic.

You've literally never seen a human being, he looks like an athlete instead of a body builder.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I really want a plot thread in a future DBZ movie where Capsule Corp starts mass producing their spacecraft and humanity starts colonizing uninhabited planets.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Some awesome English-speaking nerds are putting together private servers for Dragon Ball Online.

https://dborevelations.com/

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

An expanded universe would be pretty great for DBZ. There's a lot of stories that can be told in that setting that don't involve Goku and Friends. Maybe even something involving a timejump like what Dragon Ball Online does. Some new adventures of a crew of young kids; some saiyan, some human, and a few wacky offbeat characters.

-Fish- fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 19, 2015

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Esroc posted:

Except that they've gone out of their way to establish that Saiyan blood becomes diluted through the generations. Which is a shame, because as you've said it would've opened up a lot of possibilities for future media. Of course they can always just ignore/retcon that little detail. Every other media franchise does that when it suits them.

They could fix that by just establishing that more baby Saiyans like Goku were off planet when Planet Vegeta was destroyed. All they'd have to do is say it turns out Raditz, Nappa, and Vegeta were wrong about them and Goku being the last Saiyans.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Next movie is already in development per an interview between V-Jump and Toriyama.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2014/07/15/v-jump-unveils-new-dragon-ball-z-movie-in-development/

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

God dammit Google Now, why did you include this in my newsfeed.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Has a release date for the dub of Revival F been announced yet?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I actually noticed something similar watching Kai, during the Saiyan saga when Raditz is telling Goku about the Saiyan business model there's a cut to a still image of a few Saiyans climbing into their pods while other Saiyans wish them farewell, one of the Saiyans in the crowd has light hair, blond if I recall. Maybe there's a minority of Saiyans that have mutations that result in a different hair color naturally?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Beerus the God of destruction, Goku the God of the Saiyans, Yamcha the God of OH gently caress MY BONES AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE PAIN

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Watching the end of Cell saga and I noticed that when Cell returns from self-destruct he's gone SSJ2. Presumably he has the potential to go SSJ3 too?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Much like FuegoFish I too have been working on tabletop game stuff. I've expanded my DBZ races since last time I posted them here and made a DBZ Inspired class named the Shounen, all for 13th Age. I'll also have a setting writeup with icons eventually. For now here's a link to the races and the class.

13th Age Z

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Breaking from the source material is kind of the point of basing an rpg off your favorite Fandom thing. Having your own adventures in your favorite universe, etc.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

DBZ is hella fun, that's why. Some of y'all need to pull that power pole outta your rear end.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Vegeta being mundane is the greatest and stupiddoomdoodles is also the greatest.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Super is officially going to be a good show.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

If any of you guys are holding out on picking up Xenoverse it's 50% off on Steam for today only, both with and without DLC bundled.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Didn't some of the promo material have a dragon ball with way too many stars on it?

What if

one super dragon ball

Per universe

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

"Are we there yet?"

"Ask that one more time and I'll drive the car off a cliff again."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

This image is God's way of telling us that he's real and everything will be okay.

• Locked thread