Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
How does one go about watching Dragonball or DBZ these days without dropping a fortune on over nine thousand discs? Is it on any streaming services?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Electromax posted:

I was going through old toy boxes and found some DBZ stuff. My plan was to put this up on SA Mart and eventually ebay, but thought this might be a better place to see if any of it appeals to any of you:

11 action figures. The smaller ones on the far right are rubber bendy ones. Trunks is the only one with some playable articulation (and a sword). All of them have clamshell shirts you can remove for some goofy reason.

Some random trading cards that came with them. Some are gold and shiny? The two upper left horizontal ones are stickers that haven't been stuck yet.

Miniature guys. These are about the size of a nickel. I'll admit I can't identify all of them.

If any of these interest you, shoot me a PM and it can go to a doting fan household.

This has me thinking. I have a ton of old DBZ/GT poo poo in a box in my basement from when I was an super-alpha-nerd. I wonder how much some of it is worth.

Edit: Looked it up, I have the Bandai "Super Battle Collection" SS4 Goku, Vegeta, and Gogeta, along with regular old Son Gohan. They seem to go anywhere from ~$20 to $60 on eBay. Mostly $20ish though, the higher listings are probably guys that are just telling their wives that they can't get them to sell.

I also have a ton of these weird Japanese trading cards. They seem to be from some trading card game. The backs have numbers and "DEFENSE" around the edges. E2: http://stop2shop.com/dragonballz-herocollection1.html This is what I've got.

All in all, not super interesting.

Mogomra fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 11, 2015

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Darko posted:

You guys think you had it rough, I had to go to import stores when visiting other cities and grab badly copied video tapes of Dragon Ball movies and episodes entirely in Japanese, and just figure out what was going on via context.

I did this as a kid, but there were always super lovely subtitles at least. And I think I remember there being one or two stores that were local.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Aurain posted:

there's supposedly more of these.

I'm 100% positive I have a couple tapes of this stuff in my dad's basement. Memories :allears:

I specifically remember Vegeta flipping out and cussing the hell out of the baddie for messing up his house or something.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Farecoal posted:

Legendary Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 4???

Legendary Super Saiyan God Super Golden Neon Blue Monkey Level 4

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Does Fresco (sp?) ever take his final form? I feel like it's another Saiyan situation, where the writers will just keep adding another stronger form because they want to.

Is there a graph or something comparing how strong different villains are or how strong characters get throughout the whole series? After a while, it's just hard to keep track of just how many punchman points these people have.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Every villain is stronger that the previous villain who is stronger than the heroes until the very last fight where the heroes get stronger. The exception is Kid Buu who is weaker than Super Buu but more batshit crazy.

Goku > Vegeta > everyone else who is worthless and sucks and will never do anything useful again > Yamcha.

But I wanna know how strong Krillin is in say The Cell Saga, compared to Krillin in the beginning of Dragon Ball. This is important. (no it's not)

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

How could Goku be a bad dad? He loving came back from the dead to meet his son for the first time.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

so since when pan's unborn child goes super saiyan it turns her super saiyan, we can assume that when goku goes super saiyan it also turns the heart virus inside his body super saiyan

DragonBall.txt

At least the series is consistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Good videos 👍

• Locked thread