Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Thoguh posted:

A great viable change I'd love to see come out of this would be for more of the huge amount of money that is being generated through the NCAA to actually go towards athlete welfare in the form of lock-tight medical insurance, realistic stipends, post-eligibility scholarships, and long term support. The IOC and just about every national governing body for Olympic sports is just as bad or worse as the NCAA and they need the same reforms. I don't think the solution is to pay them unless you go straight up minor league. But I think the athletes should be the ones benefiting from all their effort, not a bunch of people who skim off the top.

I mean, it isn't going to happen, zero chance, but I wish it actually would.

This would be my preference as well. Medical support, a stipend, you scholarship fully guaranteed until you declare early or leave/get kicked off the team (with some sort of impartial review process to ensure coaches aren't kicking off the bad ones) that wouldn't count against the scholarship limit if the student is physically unable to play...very idealistic I know, but it'd go a long way toward making things a bit more fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

No Butt Stuff posted:

and what the hell is a nitanny

I guess this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Nittany

• Locked thread