Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
The sooner this happens the better. I want carnage, gently caress the NCAA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Komet posted:

This is the beginning of the end of the NCAA. It may also be the beginning of the end for college sports.

Here's hoping. Universities would be smart to jump ship and spin off their athletic departments.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Frackie Robinson posted:

I'm not approaching this as an advocate for the athletes, I'm approaching it as a college football fan. If you're a fan of college football, this is bad news.

I'm a fan of a college football team. But college football is really pretty bad, low quality play, exploitative, and overly commercialized. The NFL needs to bear the cost of developing players instead of benefiting from the current system. Works for baseball. And college baseball still exists.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

It is inevitable that the NCAA gets shithoused by the courts in the upcoming years and they might as well try and hold onto every last bit of their power until it all goes bust. This won't be fixed with marginal changes here and there. The best is they really brought it all upon themselves with the absurd TV deals and conference realignment poo poo. Vulgar.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Doesn't the amount of student athletes getting sham degrees undervalue the typical students own typically overpriced degree? Students at my alma mater voted down transitioning to D1 due to this, which bothered me at the time but now seems good.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Volkerball posted:

Engineering majors at MIT are buying a product. Players at big universities ARE a product. Either way, healthcare for all students somehow or another would obviously be the best case scenario. Don't most universities require health insurance or have some kind of set up to ensure students have it while they are at the university?

They do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

When the NCAA is finally smashed or whatever happens, I wonder if the age-limit on players will have to go to. There is no reason not to have 25 year olds on the team if it isn't attached to a university. I kinda like that to be honest, Eric Crouch could still be playing.

• Locked thread