Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ESPN's Legal Guy also weighed in on this

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/10366061/northwestern-players-attempt-unionize-likely-fail-impact-far-reaching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dexo posted:

The main difference between Northwestern and other schools is their private school status. So if if the appeal fails for Northwestern, When the other schools get hit with similar cases, other schools are going to fight it by bringing up differences, of which that is one.

Why does being state funded matter, though? My mom works for the University of Minnesota and as far as I know everyone that works there is union.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

swickles posted:

edit: The only one I even partially object to, or I guess pause to think about is number 8, only because it can and likely will create an imbalance in recruiting. Even then the argument that it would happen isn't 100%.

The schools with the money already have an imbalance in recruiting. Go look up the campus housing Kentucky Basketball players stay at, or the new facilities Alabama has for the football team.

• Locked thread