Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
I'm looking for real over-the-top Afro Samurai/Fist of the North Star modern or post-apocalyptic heroes and villains for my wuxia post-post-apocalypse anime tribute game. Anime style not overly necessary, I'm just looking for inspiration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Yo tengo un par de ideas.
Paladin Commission

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Evil Sorceress Commission

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

evil is always so sexy.

those commissions are fantastic!

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

my cat is norris posted:

evil is always so sexy.

those commissions are fantastic!

Thank you very much! :keke:

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Dryad Commission

https://www.artstation.com/jorsch

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Commissions of our PCs by the gifted Nel Robinson.

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Squidster posted:

Commissions of our PCs by the gifted Nel Robinson.

Ooh, these look nice!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Nel did a fantastic job capturing their character based on a few paragraphs of flavour text; I do encourage everyone to commission them, they're a delight to work with!

My favourite detail is the musical sting behind our musical strongman (bardbarian?); it's the opening riff for Eye of the Tiger.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm unsure of the ethics of editing other peoples art for D&D, but here's an edit I did:

Source image: https://www.deviantart.com/nonvieta/art/Cold-Blood-175761922

My variation:

Basically I wanted to make an "Ice Wraith" monster for my D&D campaign, and just wasn't finding what I wanted from Pinterest, so
I took an existing artwork I happened to have and played around with it in Paint(dot)net.

Process:
I took some textures from Forgotten Adventures, they make battlemaps and art assets/tokens for TTRPGs, and I happened to
own some of their assets, in particular I took some snow textures, "fairy lights", "snow fall", fog, and grunge overlay textures.

I experimented basically with a process where I cranked up contrast to max and inverted the colours to create a sort of masking layer,
which I applied a gaussian blur towards, which I adjusted the tint to get the greenish-blue glow effect.

I adjusted the size of the grunge texture and then played with blend modes and their alpha values, which in the end let me add this sort
of "frozen" etherial feeling to the original, this took a bit of trial and error until I got the result I was seeking out.

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Half-Elf Ranger Commission

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

trapstar posted:

trapstar posted:

Got my barbarian character "Kor, Taker of Widows" commissioned.

Just got a commission done of this guy without the skull over his face.

Just got this barbarian warrior commissioned. He is intended to be one of the warriors led by the Chieftain here (Kor, Taker of Widows)

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

These commissions all rule, thank you for sharing them! :cheersbird:

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Party Boat posted:

These commissions all rule, thank you for sharing them! :cheersbird:

Thank you for the kind words!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

trapstar posted:

Got my barbarian character "Kor, Taker of Widows" commissioned.

where does he take the widows, to bereavement therapy?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
To wed, surely.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Gives them a good night out, maybe to a private place if they're receptive, helps remind people in their grief that they're still alive and worth love.

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Princess Commission

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Anybody got any good Assimar artwork that isn't just "Generically attractive with long silver-white hair" which as far as I can tell seems to be the only aesthetic going?

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Fantasy Duke Commission

mellonbread
Dec 20, 2017
I commissioned some art of the four pregens from this adventure and Zi knocked it out of the park.

My original sketches.

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

mellonbread posted:

I commissioned some art of the four pregens from this adventure and Zi knocked it out of the park.

My original sketches.

Oooh that's nice!!

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Knight Commission

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

That's giving me some RPG character creation screen vibes. Looks nice, though -- love the heraldry. What's the story behind the tree?

mellonbread
Dec 20, 2017
If anyone here likes to draw in black and white, ARC DREAM put out a call for artists to work on their upcoming Black Company RPG

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Been making some stuff for a Mörk Borg game. They’re coming out pretty neat

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

That's great work!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
At work I was tasked with creating a Hero Forge mini (I work in gamedev), so I made one for my Psionic Soul/Aberrant Mind Sorcerer.

Domain Expansion: Aberrant Moon :getin:

e: THOSE ARE NOT CAT EARS TO BE CLEAR. SHE'S AN OWLFOLK (from UA).

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

my cat is norris posted:

That's giving me some RPG character creation screen vibes. Looks nice, though -- love the heraldry. What's the story behind the tree?

I thought it looked nice haha! Funny thing is heraldry actually has rules that say certain colors can't be put over certain colors, sometimes historically these rules were broken in some cases, but it adds an interesting dynamic when making the coat of arms. I use this website that's pretty good: https://drawshield.net/

mellonbread
Dec 20, 2017

The Unknown Armies passions painted as Disco Elysium style skills

Detail

Fear

Noble

Rage

Obsession

Solus posted:

Been making some stuff for a Mörk Borg game. They’re coming out pretty neat
That's cool. Do you print them as cards to give the players when they find the items?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
That'll be the plan - I'll probably just resize the text a bit and print onto some paper at work and use the laminator to make em all neat looking