Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Now those are elves I wouldn't mind seeing in a fantasy setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Wait... that comic still exists?

Tollymain posted:

Post the Fifth

Do you have a source for this one? I swear I've seen it before.

Edit: nevermind, found it. http://www.hd-fortress.com/main.html

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 8, 2014

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Lallander posted:

Not only supposed to be, is. Straight from the graphic novel I'm fairly certain.

Looks like his work, but I can't be sure.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yes it was Earthdawn, the T'skrang.

Although to be honest that was more their signature Discipline, the Swordmaster.

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 3, 2014

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So more Monster Hunter.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ratoslov posted:

So Guts is just running around killing people with a novelty wall ornament. That's pretty badass, sort of.

Yeah, well the only reason he uses it is because as a child he trained with a full size sword, then moved up to a two handed sword until that thing was the only weapon he was comfortable with.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Heatwizard posted:

Is that a stained glass cyborg? How the hell did I never think of that :psyduck:

That is an incredible concept. Too bad it's attached to such a ridiculous cheesecake girl though.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well stuff like the belt/girdle is a cursed item, wizards never made them on purpose back when they first appeared. Spheres of annihilation were just invented as a giant gently caress you to players. Not saying cursed items weren't either (they totally were) but at least they had an in universe explanation.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Robodog posted:

Ok, I need a few pictures of a grand Elf city, ravaged by the forces of time and nature! Is there anything out there like that?

I don't have a screen cap but the Fell's Five comics had a ruined Faewild city in it at one point, probably what you'd be looking for.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

RPZip posted:

Because ludus is a 5th dimensional hyperchess variant and not actual chess, in part because the realities of war in a setting where 'flying dudes' is a real possibility calls for a non-standard set of pieces and board. There was also something about logistics/pieces supporting each other, maybe? It's been a while since I read the books.

E: That's not them each having their own board, that's a raised board above the main one.

Yes that's the flight board for Wind Knights. Ludus would be an interesting game to actually play since furycrafting pieces change a lot of the dynamics of chess.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That just reminds me of the idiocy of off scale attacks in Mekton, where if you were one scale smaller than what you were attacking there was a better than even chance your attack would completely ignore armor, so if you could do any damage to your target even theoretically, you would.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kumaton posted:

Guys, I need some sick apocalyptic cityscapes or scenarios. Bonus points if they're frozen over/covered in snow or, if possible, it features structures on the roofs of the buildings.

Basically what I'm looking for but on a larger scale:

Have you checked out Romantically Apocalyptic? While the comic itself is kind of goofy, the landscapes are exactly what you're looking for.

Edit: and I look up and sees Ze Captain and Snippy there.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's a Smidgen, totally different guy :rolleyes:

(Rat Queens rules)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

It theoretically took five people to kill this flying komodo dragon, but you can kinda tell it was mostly the guy with the mallet.

Nerf Cleric please.

Also these are my jam

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm more concerned about the spectral hitler.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Also, how the hell do you not know about Fantomas, gentleman thief, deadly killer, and all around adventurer?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Foglet posted:

Likely too late and not precisely what you had in mind, but anyway have this awesome Granny Blacksmith from Ryuutama cause she deserves it:

All the art from Ryuutama is really good.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Seems like she'd be useful to have around for DPS, that way you could concentrate on tanking or whatever anime protagonists do these days.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Lord Frisk posted:

Give me all the best propaganda style artwork you've got (sci-fi, fantasy, realist, future, modern, historical, doesn't matter)

Let's see the organ of the state.

All the loading screens for XCOM2 were based on propaganda art, although I don't have a link handy.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

You've never heard of an adventure starting "You meet in a tavern"?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dracula Factory posted:

I was going to try and make up my own elfy name, but I really like Xenophon, seems appropriate for a bard.

More characters should be named Xenophon.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Besesoth posted:

Thought you guys might appreciate this.

Been a long time since I've seen that

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Try searching for Garleans from Final Fantasy XIV, they have baroque style magitech armors.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

trapstar posted:

Got my human wizard commissioned.

Very determined, very active pose. I like it a lot.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

trapstar posted:

Got my barbarian character "Kor, Taker of Widows" commissioned.

Very menacing, I like a lot. The skull looks cool and your dude has nice muscle definition.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah peasants didn't dress in sack cloth and rags unless they had a really harsh lord, and really harsh lords tended to get overthrown eventually or lose battles and get demoted. Yet people always think peasants lived absolutely poo poo lives.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's because it was bright and colorful. Medieval people had access to dyes, some of them hand made, others shipped by merchant, and they had soaps that would remove most grease stains, if with a bit of effort. People also didn't just roll around in the muck and get dirt on everything.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Alex Ross uses a lot of his friends for poses but he cleans them up so they look heroic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

trapstar posted:

If I ever were to make a hard LN Peacemaker type character this is the art I'd use.

Looks like he's been in more than a few fights. Also I'm a sucker for asymmetrical armor.