Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

zeal posted:

so did i at first, but the inside of the ring is filled with teeth
Giant eyeball filled with teeth. If it's gotta be a huge, mind-shattering horror, might as well go all the way.

On an unrelated note, here's a bunch of portraits. The last image apparently depicts characters from Gardens of the Moon, I've no idea about the rest. They're all quite distinct-looking though, great for PCs and NPCs alike I'm sure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

On the one hand it's Tumblr, on the other hand this one has a fuckload of generally non-cheesecake-y pictures of female characters. There's still the very occasional :nws: one, though.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 20, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Eimi posted:

So I'm being asked to play the tank and a DnD game, and I agreed, but my problem is I have no character images for armor woman that fit my definition of what looks cool. I pretty much basically play Liliana Vess lookalikes ie.

I don't necessarily care for the level of skin in the second pic, but more that attitude of like uncaring power. So uhm, yeah, any fantasy pictures of woman in armor that have that same kind of theme out there? Would appreciate it.
I'm slightly worried these don't quite fit your request in one way or another, but then again screw it, there's no such thing as too many pictures!

Tumblr of scotch posted:

With bonus reasonable drow that I haven't ever seen before:

It's always nice to see reasonable drow. :unsmith:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
This wizard pretty strongly implies farts.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
If nothing else these are very unambiguously shifters of some sort, I suppose.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Aviator kobold, best kobold.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Gonna have to add this one to my sadly minuscule collection of "WHAT A LOVELY DAY!" level adventurer pics. Too bad he doesn't have steel talons on his feet to boot (pun not really intended).

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

jeeves posted:

I like to imagine this is someone's bard character. Where his instrument of choice is a gun.
He does look just the tiniest bit like a mediaeval version of the Bullet Farmer.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I'm not even sure why, but it doesn't sit right with me that they all have six limbs.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Mr. Lobe posted:

Centaurs and centaur-type things make no sense. They have two torsos. Do they have 2 sets of lungs? 2 hearts? 2 ribcages separated by one of 2 digestive tracts? The alternatives are just as alarming to contemplate.
I admittedly wouldn't even bat an eyelid at an ordinary half-human centaur, but when it's dogs it's just… :psyboom:

On an unrelated note, here are a bunch of gritty-ish character portraits if anyone has need of this sort of thing! The first one actually depicts various characters from the Steven Erikson novel Gardens of the Moon, which is extra neat. (Edit: apparently I already posted these like three years ago. :negative:)

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 8, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The tiny tiefling (could perhaps be a dragonborn, I suppose?) with the jaunty hat and the flower is so cute it should be illegal.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Arx Monolith posted:

Girlfriend is WAY into making a druid and joining a campaign I'm in. She's looking for good art and asked if I could help find some, so I am here to pass the burden onto all of you!

Looking for a female ice druid with ling hair and a normal level of armor. Not underwear, not a fur coat. Scaled armor would be badass.

Thanks in advance.
I feel like you're going to have a difficult time finding a picture of a character who's recognisably a druid and wearing more than light armour, to say nothing of meeting the rest of your criteria. That said…

They could be druids, perhaps. They're wearing armour and hanging around in snowy nature-y places, which might be as good as it'll get.

And while she is decidedly not wearing armour, her look is stylish as hell so I'm posting it anyway.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 24, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

DrSunshine posted:

I'm trying to find an image from an artist that was posted in this thread at some point. The image depicts some kind of ghost or creature that lives in the sun, having fed upon an astronaut. It's part of sort of a series of "horrors from outer space" images done by the same artist, and was accompanied by some creepy descriptive text. Does anyone recall what I'm talking about?

EDIT: The image had a lot of yellow in it, because the creature apparently lived in cosmic radiation or the sun's corona or something.
You may be thinking of this.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The Styx series of video games has a goblin as its protagonist, perhaps look into that? He's a sneaky stabby goblin though, not a cleric-y one.

Still!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Firstborn posted:

Can someone help me find the uncropped art of this, and possibly the artist? I'm stumped.

https://leopadre.deviantart.com/art/swordman-51372136 :)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

This is too cute not to post. She's just so drat happy she managed to properly cast Raise Dead. :3: Source. (Heads up: there's some :nws: artwork in the guy's portfolio.)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I really thought I had at least one with an actual cloak and hood somewhere, but it seems not!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Pollyanna posted:

Oh man, I'm not sure which one I want to go with. I can't quite figure out the signature on that third one though, "Momodevrn"?
It would appear to be Momo-deary.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

I guess that last one might be closer to a one-and-a-half sword, but oh well.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

MMAgCh posted:

This is too cute not to post. She's just so drat happy she managed to properly cast Raise Dead. :3: Source. (Heads up: there's some :nws: artwork in the guy's portfolio.)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Wow, this fella's attitude is off the goddamn charts. :allears:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Just convince yourself it's really a fighter-bard you want to play.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

boo boo bear posted:

does anyone have a collection of black or more african themed paladins? I tried google image search and they were all japanese for some reason.
Not a collection, and it's arguable how paladin-y it really is, but I quite like this piece of artwork regardless.

https://twitter.com/eeliskyttanen/status/1283789445989167104

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Google reverse image search coughs it up straight away. Credited to one Sergey Gurskiy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I feel like we could use a little more :3: on the necromancer front, so…

(source)