Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Some very good options that a lot of people would spend feats on anyway (off the top of my head, orb and staff expertise, superior will).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I really love Zeitgeist PPs and it's kind of a shame they're third party because I would play a Steamsuit Pilot or Logos in every game.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I'd give the captured two a chance to do something; a break in patrols or something, giving them time to rest and scheme.

Maybe the rogue notices how long the others have been gone and sees the orc leader heading into the ruins; him and the other person can tail him.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Psychic also tends to be a good controller element re: Psychic Lock (plus a ton of controller powers are psychic by default).

e: Also I can't remember if you can poach Eldritch Blast/Strike with Dilettante, but those are probably your best bet if you're doing it for a basic attack.

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Apr 12, 2014

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

crime fighting hog posted:

I'm hoping to kick off a shiny new campaign in the next month or so, and am so excited! Our 3 year, level 1-30 Age of Worms 4e run was so much goddamn fun, I'm hyped to run another game, this time with blatant ripoffs!

But one problem we had (probably because I'm a poo poo DM) is combat definitely got very laggy sometimes. One encounter lasting nearly the whole session and so on. I fixed this somewhat in the last half of the campaign by halving monster HP but quadrupling the damage they did (and doing away with most stun: save ends effects because gently caress that).

But I'm in the market for more house rules. The escalation die sounds like something fun for both PCs and monsters, but what else should I look into?

My party at this moment looks like a Bard, Monk, Sorcerer, Warden and Rogue. We're going to do a few 'intro' sessions for a couple players who have never played DND before (one who has never played a TRPG before!) and then jump to level 12 so they can act like big drat heroes.

The escalation die is a good idea, since you can use it not only as a way to quicken combat but also as a pacing mechanic; the best example I can remember is a combat taking place in a burning building, with the escalation die representing increasing states of disrepair and the consequences thereof.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Is there a decent place to find games, or anyone here looking for players? Me and a friend are looking for a live game to join (preferably not starting from level 1), and there's just not a lot of people who'll run 4e in our circle of friends. It's not all we'd play, but it's where we're looking first.

You might have some luck in the Live Game Contact thread, although I think that's more for local, in-person games. Otherwise I'd like to know the same, honestly. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Gharbad the Weak posted:

What timezones y'all at? I'm Central, my friend is Eastern.

I'm in Eastern too, so if yall start something up I'd definitely be interested!