Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRipBOQl95o A trailer for the new movie.

Other than the hokey destiny, create heroes blah blah blah that seems to be a requirement for movies these days, seems like it might be good. I liked the mask gag.

In other news the IDW comic continues to be pretty awesome as a 'Ultimate' version of the TMNT. For those inclined the actual Ultimate collections (i.e. the old mirage books) are really good and well worth buying. I have the first three at the moment and have just finished the second. Definitely plan on getting four and five.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
I know they planned to do one before it was scrapped (or at least the four turtles themselves), but its always kind of bummed me out that they haven't made a TMNT Heroclix set. There are enough characters to make a series of 24 like the streetfighter set and they would fit in nicely with the other comic/game type series.

You'd think with all of the merchandising the TMNT get up to it would be a no brainer.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Liam Acerbus posted:

City Fall seems like it would be weak if you weren't also keeping up with all the micros. The Alopex thing would seem super out of left field otherwise. I found the TMNT Entity timeline really helpful.

Unless you were on a super limited budget I can't imagine skipping the micro-series. Most of them were better than the ongoing issue released at the same time - not that it was bad, the micros were just great. Then again I am a sucker for origin stories/character focus.

And anyone who saw Bebop and Rocksteady on a comic cover and then didn't buy it deserves the boredom :colbert:

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Liam Acerbus posted:

Budget aside, if you were catching up on a backlog like I was, it would be pretty easy to just hone in on the main series before moving on to all the micros. That's why it's nice to have a timeline handy.

Oh yeah no doubt - the new hardcover apparently collects them in order (I think its the first twelve issues and 5 micros), its just a shame I'm already on volume 9 of the tpbs.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
I'll raise this thread back from the dead to say - God drat.

Wonder where they're going with this. I mean obviously they're not going to stick with it forever but I was surprised they went there.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Gavok posted:

I'm more surprised Bebop and Rocksteady are actually competent enough to succeed in this continuity.

Thats what made the issue so shocking! I was like well obviously...gently caress.

It even had the cliche dialogue and the perfect out, then bam! nope it happened.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Joe Fisto posted:

I don't read this book, but this event upsets me.

No way it isn't undone in some way at some point (duh its comics) but it was still pretty brutal.

Inkspot posted:

Holy poo poo. Are they actually pulling things from Image now? That's crazy.

I'm not saying it isn't going to happen but that last page is pretty clearly He's dead jim. Not only dead but his insides have been hosed up.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Light Gun Man posted:

I hope he does a good job, but I have concerns about what he'll be given to work with.

I heard a big problem with the first one is they had to do script edits but had already filmed half the film (the mountain escape in particular I think).

Bebop, Rocksteady and Stephen Amell, don't really see how I can not go see this.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
I just learned they're going to be doing a six issue crossover with the Bat later this year.

Basic synopsis:
Krangs gonna try and zap Shredder and the TMNT away, they end up in Gotham. Gonna meet lots of Batman bad guys apparently.

Sounds like fun. Hope Bebop and Rocksteady are part of this, I'd like to see them meeting the Joker.

The IDW series continues to be really cool.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
So, how about #50 guys? I totally thought it was going to go the other way, and i'm curious to see how all of this plays out.

TMNT is a really, really good ongoing. The only issue I have with it is its slightly too decompressed for my liking.

And coma robot donnie lasted about five issues. The series is good but you aren't going to kill off one of your main four. Just Shredder apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Light Gun Man posted:

Well, for my own amusement, I had to anyway

That looks really cool.

Anyway sort of resurrecting the thread to remind everyone that the ongoing is still really drat good. I caved in and bought the IDW collection 1 and have decided that that's how i'm getting the comic from now on, it is really well put together and having the issues in reading order is great (which means i'll be buying duplicate until the idw collection volume 5).

Did anyone get the Ultimate collection volume 6? I have the first five and am wondering if the collected shorts are worth it. Kind of running out of book space.

Also there is going to be a TMNT Heroclix set in March and a miniatures boardgame in summer, if you're into that sort of thing.

• Locked thread