Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
So thoughts on IDW's Northampton arc?

I didnt care much for it. Love the black tape on the tutles though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

IDW's Utrom Empire finished up today. Thoughts?

I loved the last page of issue 3. Really ominous.

While it wasnt as good as Secret History of the Foot Clan, it was still a great read (if a little hard to differentiate the Utroms!) and I love how the whole series ties in to one really well told story.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I've never bought an RT figure before and I'm seeing prices all over the map, what can I expect to shell out (heh) for these?

I'm in New Zealand and they're usually $80NZD. So thats $48USD if that helps.

Revoltechs are great, it would be amazing if we got a Revoltech IDW Leo figure...

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutan...s=ninja+turtles

40% off this new history book at the moment. Looks to be a great book.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Inkspot posted:

So, ... Rat King. He sure did fill an issue. And he might be related to Kitsune?

He is most definitely related to Kitsune.

I cant help but feel like the Rat Kings story is going to be picked up more after the initially planned 50 issue Krang/Foot run. Its too tonally different and jarring to be wrapped up in less than 14 issues.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

The current ongoing comic is on sale. https://www.comixology.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Sale/page/2964
Would I be fine to just read the City Fall collections and not anything before?

Id start from the start honestly. City Fall ends the second major story arc, the first being 1-12, but City Fall is hinted at from as early as issue 8.

Make sure you also read Secret History of the Foot Clan before City Fall as it is essential reading.

You can skip the Krang War volume, however. It is only for if you're really invested in the General Krang story. It probably should have been a seperate miniseries while Secret History should have been main series.

Veg fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 6, 2014

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

I think it gave a nice tone change for the Northhampton arc.

Turtles in Time could have benefit more from a.. more horror based artist maybe?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Inkspot posted:

He has skull paint AND a hockey mask in the Nick show. Pretty sure he's been mask-only in the comics, though.

Campbell's art is great, but the cutesy expressions and bandages do get a bit tiring. I miss Andy Kuhn.

I miss the Bates fellow who drew Krang War and Bebop/R'steady micro

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Solaris Knight posted:

Hi guys, I just found this thread and as a casual TMNT from 2003 on, I'm curious about if as someone who knows about the Mirage and every other continuity but wants to try the IDW sale, can I go into it entirely without needing to read anything else?

Yeah man,

You'll be safe reading IDW #1-20, then read their Secret History of the Foot miniseries then go from #21 to the end.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Nah man he used to wear a cool skull-shaped one, but since his dad turned into Hun he's been wearing a Jason style mask, and people refer to it as "his old mask", which is confusing me.

Thats just different artists. The turtles change depending on the artist too.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Has there been any word on IDW publishing the new series in chronilogical order like the TF IDW Collection HCs?

Yup, with all the micro's and mini's included:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1631401114/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_4.c6tb1VANZ4R

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Loving the whole Hob story. Its such a great series.

Im pretty sure they mentioned Mondo Gecko in the letters page. I always thought they would have Woody become Mondo.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Holy poo poo I am loving Donatello right now. Turtles in Time #4 and ongoing 39 really have me excited for the 'Drome.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

The Neutrino arc was pretty cool :colbert:

Turtles in Time and Secret History are my favourites. Eric Burnham writes the villains so drat good, even if his Turtles are a little generic.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Joe Fisto posted:

What issue does this arc start with?

Technically #40, but you need to start from issue #1 or else you are going to be all kinds of lost.

Seriously, its such a well woven story that every issue adds something.

Regarding this last issue, Turtles In Time #4 is particularly important and makes it extra sad.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Amell is an amazing person and a gigantic nerd.

Even if its a poo poo movie, I'll go see it.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

That. Was. Awesome.

Last page spoilies:
So Krang cloned Hamato and his sons back into existence. Take that, reincarnation.

I wonder if they'll dive deeper into QNA memories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Man, I've fallen so behind. :smith: Last I read was when Splinter finally killed Shredder, I think I'll just buy the trades but, man, I literally just spent 60 dollars on the Marvel Unlimited subscription and don't feel like spending on comics soon.

I'm cautiously optimistic for the movie, looks like it'll actually be fun and wacky this time, which would at least lead to a good time.

Oh and the cartoon has kinda been garbage for a while now but there's a crossover episode with the 80s turtles coming up and it'll also feature the original Mirage turtles.

I stopped at 50 as well. My plan is to wait until like issue 75 and binge it all.

• Locked thread