Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I remember first seeing the Turtles toys in some random comic ad and being so loving excited I couldn't stop talking about it for weeks. You know, I wouldn't say I'm a massive Turtles fan, but I am pretty impressed by the generally high quality of the franchise as a whole. Not to say there isn't a bunch of crap, but compared to something like Transformers it isn't even a contest. For instance there has never been a bad Turtles cartoon, and the original two movies definitely hold up as being totally fun. Not to mention the comics.

I was a Don guy 'cause I'm a loving nerd and also the bo staff rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

So is there an actual reason the girl turtle is so reviled beyond typical gross nerd misogyny? Did she throw off the sacred "leading the team/cool but rude" and "does machines/party dude" balance?

I don't mind the idea, but she was clearly only there for marketing reasons - her whole character was Poochy personified.

Though that show would have been bad with or without her anyway.

The Archie comics had that lady fox samurai character become part of the team for a while and I really liked her at the time.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Raph beating Leo in a straight fight is still the coolest part of the 2007 TMNT movie.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

poo poo, I forgot about Turtles Forever. That thing rules. The end segment where they encounter the original Turtles is so awesome.

What a weird-rear end franchise. I really want to know what it took to get that film made.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Gavok posted:

For anyone with good knowledge on the Archie series, are there any characters who debuted in that who have anything to do with the IDW series? I was going to say Slash, but some research shows that he kind of showed up everywhere at once. He had his own action figure in the 1990 series, his debut in the Archie series was dated in August 1990 and his TV debut was September 1990.

No, I think there are rights issues between them. I remember reading somewhere that Alopex is meant to be Ninjara with the serial numbers filed off.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Aug 17, 2014

• Locked thread