Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

The finest of all dances.
Turtles Forever is great. I love seeing the ways the different generations of turtles react to each other and their respective worlds, even if the old turtles were reduced to goofy stereotypes for comedy value. I kind of want another one that includes the newest turtles because I love them and want to see the ways they interact with each other.

I'm solidly a Donny fan, especially in the new show. I can't help but love how goofy and nerdy he is. His crush on April is well-written and he's always there to feel the consequences of his actions. He tries so hard to be perfect, and no matter how many times he falls short, he keeps on trying.

I haven't watched anything past Slash in the new show because I'm still pretty upset about that episode. Spike!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

AzraelNewtype posted:

It probably helps that no episodes of the new show have aired since that one. It comes back tomorrow though.

Huh. I was sure we had episodes to watch, but I guess not.

GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I really like that each of them has a unique model what with Don being taller and thinner and Mike being smaller than the others. I offered to babysit my buddy's kid who loves the show so I have an excuse to sit and watch the series all day.

That's my favorite aspect of the new show. They're all very different people, and the animation style allows those differences to be visual as well as part of their characterization. It gets away from the gag personalities and into a lot more depth. Raph is short-tempered and proud, but he's also protective. He's the only one who cares for the responsibility of a pet. A major recurring theme is Leo struggling with leadership and trying to do the right thing. April even gets to grow as a character, and has become quite competent. When she needs saving, it never comes across as her being a damsel in distress. She's resourceful enough to hold her own in a fight even when she's out-manned.

One of my biggest reservations about the new Live action film is that the costuming and CGI won't be as flexible as the animation and lead to less-expressive turtles.

GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

Pizzaface- all a dream, or real villain? You decide!

GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

The new show introduced the humans who will mutate into Bebop and Rocksteady a couple of episodes ago. Bebop is surprisingly cool, in a James Brown: Superspy kind of way. His mohawk shoots frickin' laser discs. Last week we got brain switching hijinks and several awkward shots of Casey Jones in April's body, checking "himself" out.

And for any who would appreciate this: I just finished a playthrough of Persona 3 Portable as FeMC Casey Jones with a hockey stick as her only weapon.

• Locked thread