Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I got a box of toys from my cousin, all of them turtles. I even got his NES and the Turtles game came with it.

Does anyone know what to do in the NES game after you beat the dam level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

We haven't even gotten to the most awesome classic TMNT toy yet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_HxQPQjAuw

There's still plenty of weird stuff as well, such as the 'Flushomatic' toilet torture play set where the bad guys could tie down the turtles and poo poo on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSRn5w34oh4

Do you have pics of the Troll Turtles? I still remember those adverstised on TV from years back.

I remember the cartoon about their secondary mutations. They fought a completely different alien enemy and they were notorious to the public. The funny thing is that they were addressed formally as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Vern whenever he reported about them.

The CGI movie was pretty good and the fight between Leo and Raph had some great bantering in the beginning. In one scene is a closet with props from the other films like the ooze canister and the time machine from the third film.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

So is there an actual reason the girl turtle is so reviled beyond typical gross nerd misogyny? Did she throw off the sacred "leading the team/cool but rude" and "does machines/party dude" balance?

She's supposed to be magically trained but has no knowledge of everyday poo poo like telephones and slang terms. Adding a brand new character to an established group probably annoyed a lot of people.

Also Shredder gets hosed over early in the series so the show can have interdimensional dragons as the main antagonists.

That show had a Kraven-type character hunting down the Turtles and his personality was that he had female names for all his weapons. He was a pretty funny guy.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
The nunchuk scene is Mikey's moment in that film. I still think it's dumb to chuck a sai at a streetlight. Ninjas did have throwing stars for that kind of stuff.

EDIT:

http://www.cracked.com/video_18260_which-ninja-turtle-are-you-lifes-most-important-question.html
Cracked After Hours analyzes in-depth :spergin: over the turtles.

Action Tortoise fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Feb 1, 2014

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Leo's swords in Next Mutation could split into two blades. He was basically swinging hedge clippers. I think Mikey only used tonfas instead of nunchuks.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Inkspot posted:

They're not my turtles, but the show is not without its merits.

I watched the first five episodes of The Next Mutation and took notes, but when I took out all the ones that were just me reacting to what was onscreen, there wasn't much left. The show has a ridiculous amount of sound effects, a lot of offensively generic Asian mysticism, and Venus' presence necessitates an origin story where the four turtles aren't actually blood relatives so they can awkwardly and unsuccessfully hit on her.

I think this is the one thing about Venus that put me off the show. I think she was put in as a clumsy grab for girls to relate to the show and to suggest some kind of love interest potential for the other four because familial love doesn't sell for the target audience.

Something I can't help but nitpick is that each turtle wraps their masks in a different way. They're already color-coded and sporting monogrammed belts, why would they have to distinguish themselves from one another by how they cover their eyes?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I wanna do the 90s cartoon where they have secondary mutations and fight a different alien overlord who has better PR than thay do.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Huh. I just looked that up and it's actually at the tail end of the '87 series. It felt like a completely different series, art style and everything.

http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_(1987_TV_series)

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

The Moon posted:

What are your opinions on the 90's Classic Movie Turtles figures that coming out soon?

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=22008

I was super excited when I heard about them, but man does Donatello's face look silly. That and his mask seems to be too light compared to how it was in the movies.

Either way I still think I want them to guard my desk at work. :D

Seems like they got Leo's right. It's just creepy enough like in the original films. And holy crap they modeled the individual chains on Mikey's nunchuks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I always compared the turtles to different aspects of Batman, like that one Brave and the Bold episode where he's split into different parts. Michelangelo's the Batman who eats nachos.

I'm totally gonna refer to Casey Jones as Sports Punisher from now on.

• Locked thread