Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lurdiak posted:

E: Also Mikey is the coolest because he knows how to enjoy life and is a sensitive artist and has a cat. He's the heart of the team. :colbert:

Don't forget about being the most talented ninja and fighter, beating the infinite crisis tournament back in the '03 cartoon. :pseudo:

I got in from the movies, and throughout the years i've changed opinions on favorite turtle but one constant always remains: Don's a lame nerd.

Anyway, man, this month's issue made me tear up, like most Mikey issues, in a good way. I can't believe how much joy these comics can bring.

Finally, you should buy a toy of your favorite turtle from the 2012 line because they're so freaking good! Like, if I had this when I was a kid my head would've blown off
http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Michelangelo/dp/B008BM2LJ2/ref=pd_bxgy_t_text_y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's pretty good, yes. I'd say it's sorta like the IDW comics in taking stuff from all eras and going on its own path, just more child-oriented and taking different cues and beats (for example, rather than being a rat that mutates to a giant rat, the cartoon goes with the 80's cartoon version where Yoshi touched a rat then ooze) so they contrast really great.

The first fight with Shredder, tho! :allears: As close to the first comic as it gets.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Quick reminder that tomorrow's new episode is the episode that'll have Casey Jones and Raphael beating up robot ninjas together. :krad:

EDIT: Oh, and according to this, this week's episode and next week's are swapped, as in Slash's was episode 7, tomorrow's 9 and then we'll get 8 (afterwards it's 10 and the right order). So i'm betting Casey meets the turtles on episode 8, so it'll look like out of nowhere when they get along like nothing tomorrow.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 2, 2014

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The two-parter is up on Nick's website.

Regarding the 80's turtle they show up as seen in that preview from usatoday and once again at the very end of the episode for a gag involving the villain. No Turtles Forever 2 yet, so that's kinda lame.
Pretty rad episode all in all.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Think of it as Casey Jones: Year One. He's just starting up, figuring out the whole vigilante thing before striking goongala into the hearts of his enemies.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I don't usually like Santolouco's art here, but those metalhead action scenes were loving radical!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Leonardo looks like he got hit with a Naruto phase really hard.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I liked the Northampton art way more, tbh. The current artist just doesn't do it for me most of the time, but every now and then there's an action scene where everything looks so perfect and intense that I forgive everything.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I wasn't self-aware during the Neutrinos stuff in the original cartoon, but I too grew to hate them a bit after their IDW arc, it was the weakest part of this comic.

Every month i'm amazed at Mikey's ongoing campaign to be the best turtle while Donnie does his darnest to be the worst. :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Overall a fine conclusion to the arc, everyone got what they deserved.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Man, I've fallen so behind. :smith: Last I read was when Splinter finally killed Shredder, I think I'll just buy the trades but, man, I literally just spent 60 dollars on the Marvel Unlimited subscription and don't feel like spending on comics soon.

I'm cautiously optimistic for the movie, looks like it'll actually be fun and wacky this time, which would at least lead to a good time.

Oh and the cartoon has kinda been garbage for a while now but there's a crossover episode with the 80s turtles coming up and it'll also feature the original Mirage turtles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Tyma posted:

Looks like next week (#67) and the first week of May (Free Comic Book Day) are going to be big jumping-on points for the series,

Well, that's ironic. I just spent the last couple of days catching up.

I stopped reading back in issue fifty, was feeling kinda lost from not reading all the tie-ins and it seemed like a good place to stop for a while (plus i kinda feared that what followed couldn't stand up with such a cool new status quo) but, man, this year was amazing! Mikey's my favorite turtle so I'm very glad at how much focus we got to his morality, Splinter went some really interesting places, I loved the '03 cartoon so Ch'rell was very appreciated and issue 66 was adorable as hell :3: Can't wait to see what else the comic has in store for the future.

• Locked thread