Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Does anyone have any tips for clearing level 89 in the solo levels? I can get to the 3rd phase, but my health is usually down to double digits by that time, and very few health pickups drop. If I stop trying to deal with dragons and actually kill the brain parts, the dragons swarm me pretty quickly.

My ranger has 600hp, and I have a rocket launcher that does 1200 damage with a 4 second reload. I have also been using AF17 (or 18 can't remember which) to deal with the flying crap. I am trying this on normal.

Do I just have to grind out a lot of hp on early levels, or am I missing something important?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I am giving away some of my XBox 360 games to a coworker, and he was interested in Earth Defense Force. I have 2017, 2025, and Insect Armageddon. Which game should I have him play?

It’s been long enough that I can’t remember much between the games, other than IA was disappointingly short. Going from the OP, I would assume just have him play 2025, and ignore the other versions.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

On weapons, is a stat maxed out once the star is filled in?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I_Socom posted:

I’m so sad this isn’t out on Xbonx. I loved 4.1 and was really looking forward to giant in-sect shooting :-(

I guess I’ll have to wait for the PC release. Hopefully someone will come up with cheat tables to save the grind (is the grind still present?)

The grind is better and worse.

Better, armor and weapon pickups give stuff for other classes. It is weighted towards the played class, but it lessens the grind of playing a second or third class.

Worse, weapons get upgraded when you pick up extra copies. For a lot of weapons, that means they start out awful, or weaker then your current weapons until they get upgraded. The worst offender as a ranger seems to be reload or lock on times. When you first get a weapon they can be pretty long. But maxed out they get pretty short.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

You unlock more powerful/accurate/faster firing versions of weapons on higher difficulties. I don’t think you get any new types of weapons on the higher difficulties.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

remusclaw posted:

Is there a version of the giant Crane Mech that can fly around. The model looks like it has rockets on it's back, but neither the regular version or the military version seems capable of doing so.

When the mech gets knocked down, the rockets are used in the animation for standing up. So that is all that they are there for. Probably easier to animate rockets than rolling over to stand up.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Is EDF6 out in Japan yet? The quick googling seemed to indicate a release date of 2022 for Japan and no confirmation yet for a West release. Is there any more information than that out there?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Got my hopes up for a second that just maybe there was news of a Western release. But nope. I would be content with even a PlayStation release initially and would probably buy it again later on PC.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

About time. Hopefully it’s roughly the same time for PC and PlayStation. This way I can just buy it once on PC, instead of initially on PS, then again on PC a year later.

/edit:

No date yet, but there is a steam page.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2291060/EARTH_DEFENSE_FORCE/

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I, Butthole posted:

CUSTOM MECH WARS is out this week and I'm debating getting the EDF preorder pack because it gives you Barga parts which is as close as Steam will get to EDF in the next year, I'm guessing.

The YouTube announcement for EDF 6 mentioned PlayStation and PC in Spring of 2024. Did something change since then, or just assuming more delays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I really need the Western release of EDF 6. I am reduced to playing through EDF5 more on harder difficulties. Pretty soon I might have to branch out past the ranger and wing diver classes. The horror.