Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

So cannot wait for real EDF.

I will never understand why Insect Armageddon ended up being so terrible. WHY WOULD YOU END THE GAME THERE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU. I remember beating it coop for the first time with my brother and we were both just awestruck. That couldn't be it. No one would do that there has to be more to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

So the 360 version has local splitscreen, right? My GF and I need to blast some bugs while never moving from the couch.

It does. I imagine both versions do but they only had the 360 version at pax

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Drakenel posted:

How goofy are your teammates? Are they anywhere near 2017 levels of being chatty dorks?

Edit: Also, any word on the pricing?

Fiddy bucks.

I'm assuming it's the same as the pax demo where they were constantly yelling EDF!! TAKE THIS YOU BUGS!! I NEED TO RELOAD! Then they died to ants.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

More like easy mode with the revival system. :colbert:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

360 games are mandatory region locked but PS3 games are not locked by default though a publisher can choose to region lock.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Man I cannot play anything but the fencer. He's too good dashing all around shooting pile bunkers everywhere mid drift. I lucked out and got a level 1 artillery cannon that's twice my size and is apparently the main tank cannon made portable in the first few levels but even the default Gatling gun and pile bunkers are amazing.

This game ramps up so much faster than 2017 though I'm like on mission 5 and they are talking about 10 motherships coming. That's a lot of motherships!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

To the Ravagers humans could just be bugs that get in the way of spreading giant bugs. :downs:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Kammat posted:

"Dammit I forgot my bullets!"

Never change EDF. Never ever change.

"Dammit I forgot my bullets!"
"I don't believe that!"

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Once I had this like ten line long conversation with another player in multiplayer just using the chat macros, it looked like that. It was so funny.

The US version DOES have the chat macro system, right?

I have no idea I don't have gold so I just get to listen to the AI guys sing and be merry until they die and try to run away from every battle.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Night10194 posted:

So what is this Fencer Dash Cancelling I'm hearing of?

Most fencer close range weapons let you drift if you are dashing when you use it. Like the sword you can dash, attack, then dash out of the attack to maintain dash speeds.

I'm assuming this is what you are talking about.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Bussamove posted:

The Fire Vegalta's canister shot is even more satisfying. Canister for the air, flamethrowers and Charon strafing runs for the ground. :getin:

The fencer just straight up gets a canister shot cannon and it's so amazing. Why yes I want to shoot out 40 pellets that pierce enemies and deal close to rocket launcher damage.

Once I realized the giant tank guns have penetration they became so much more useful.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I think hectors might have it because the head pops in and out. I would swear that sometimes sniping with the penetration tank cannon on the fencer leads to a one hit kill if it hits the head.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

rawdog pozfail posted:

This mission is great as Wing Diver because you can just fly up and kill everything in the bottlenecks. Sucks for everyone else down below, though!

GGs everyone! Really great ggs!!

It's great as a fencer because I see a bottleneck and I think this is why all my weapons pierce. :getin:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Oh no.. That's where Nanao lives!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Seriously it looks EXACTLY like how the RAD mechs looked. So pumped for this. Sandlot and D3 better bring this over here.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

gibbed posted:

Yes. And if you do it near soldiers, you can get them to say things too. EDF! EDF! EDF!

If you have enough soldiers following you they will finish a song you start.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

It's weird that people would say fencer is not a good solo class. It's fantastic because you can plan for every single situation.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Is anything more inspirational than EDF EDF EDF EDF!!!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Broseph Brostar posted:

They seemed like they understood the idea behind the gameplay of EDF, but the xp and currency system show that they have no idea how the weapon system works and makes me question how much they actually played the original.

The enemy distribution and over reliance on rail turret sequences was what made me question that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Scalding Coffee posted:

I would like Big O music to play when using the Balam.

Show time!

It definitely adds up.